FX-8350 for streaming?

Pahddy
Go to solution Solved by Faa,

Alright, so I will be better off with a i7, but if I can't get one for the right price will an i5 do?

Yep. Aslong it's not a 8350. It's just simple, most games usually have one main thread and a few trashthreads which rely on the mainthread, streaming loads every core with a bunch of crap and as we know AMD's single core performance being horrible that main thread's performance is extremely sensitive. Not much of a point having relatively good streaming performance when your game is running at 15 fps. Most massive multiplayer games 8350's run at 15 fps without streaming, add another good taxing fee and that would come down to 10 fps.

Around 16:00 he starts showing the streaming results, look at how awful the minimum fps were getting that's what I meant. Looking at most encoding benchmarks on the net, I see the i5 doing nearly in all benchmarks better than the 8350 so totally no reason to get a 8350 for streaming. I wouldn't bother with what many AMD fanatics here are saying, take Fooshi for example, next day he'll be saying the same shit "no difference between AMD & Intel in Arma 3". This is the 5th time orsomething he's getting proven wrong. Not sure why you would trap in their lies though, I mean two QX9775's which are from 2008 on a dual socket board at 4.2GHz outperforms a 9590 meaning the singlethreaded performance is even much better on C2Q.

image_id_1046283.jpeg

About the i5 vs i7, well Hyperthreading usually adds a 30% boost, so yeah 30% more FPS theoretically, up to you if that's worth it or not.

What evidence do you have to support low framerate during him streaming? I understand you were trying to be funny, but it's pretty ignorant as well.

And considering the fact that you can get nearly the same performance for almost $100 less by getting the 8350, it all comes down to personal preference. 

Your decision to buy a 8350 by thinking you get nearly the same performance for almost 100$ less being a personal preference is what I would call ignorant. You wouldnt even notice any performance degradation if 4 of your 8 cores died, that should tell you enough how really useless 8 cores are just for gaming only. For the same price you're getting almost up to twice as much fps in CPU limited titles so let's stop mything about it's price/performance. I bet our good friend at AMD Richard Huddy who's a PR leader orsomething yolo's a 5960x at home to test the full potential out of his GPU's. No wonder AMD is shipping Intel CPU's for their GPU reviews.

Well if AMD released a FX 4550 quadcore (no CMT or sharing bs) with 500% more IPC than any Intel on AM3+, then any current Intel platform would be dead to me. 

If you're going to keep moaning about AMD's better price/performance then you might as well take an example of performance and divide it by price and give me a performance:price ratio before you yell it's better. I can't wait for it. Might as well do a performance/price/<how many cores do you need> ratio that should immediately destroy the 8350. Why is that never being done?

About hating AMD or not, give me a reason why I should like them? On the CPU side, Intel is the only viable option to me and that doesn't mean I like Intel. On the GPU side, I don't care having Nvidia or AMD since GPU performance is no longer a factor me.

I don't give a shit what you think is the best, I'm just saying to stop beating the dead horse. Stop rubbing salt in the wound. Stop bashing. Nobody likes it and it's extremely tiring. Yes Intel is better. Yes I have an AMD, why the fuck does it matter?

I'm not trying to argue price/performance ratio, you've won. There, I said it, happy now? Now please, just shut the fuck up.

PCPartPicker Part List: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/THNVZf

CPU: Intel Core i5-8600K 3.6 GHz 6-Core Processor  ($244.00 @ B&H)
CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 82.5 CFM CPU Cooler  ($89.95 @ Amazon)
Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-F GAMING ATX LGA1151 Motherboard
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  ($84.99 @ Best Buy)
Storage: ADATA XPG SX6000 Pro 256 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  ($51.99 @ Amazon)
Storage: Samsung 860 Evo 1 TB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($164.00 @ Amazon)
Video Card: Zotac GeForce GTX 1080 8 GB AMP! Extreme Video Card
Case: Fractal Design Define C TG ATX Mid Tower Case  ($104.98 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: Rosewill 650 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit  ($139.99 @ Other World Computing)
Monitor: LG 32GK650F-B 32.0" 2560x1440 144 Hz Monitor  ($396.99 @ B&H)
Total: $1276.89
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-04-12 03:07 EDT-0400

I don't give a shit what you think is the best, I'm just saying to stop beating the dead horse. Stop rubbing salt in the wound. Stop bashing. Nobody likes it and it's extremely tiring. Yes Intel is better. Yes I have an AMD, why the fuck does it matter?

I'm not trying to argue price/performance ratio, you've won. There, I said it, happy now? Now please, just shut the fuck up.

So you're raging because I bashed AMD/8350.

So you're raging because I bashed AMD/8350.

No, I'm raging because you won't shut the fuck up. You've repeatedly proven your point, but you continually come back and shove Intel over AMD performance in our faces. You don't need to continue belittling AMD users. I've even admitted that Intel is better, what more do you want???

Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  ($84.99 @ Best Buy)
Storage: ADATA XPG SX6000 Pro 256 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  ($51.99 @ Amazon)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit  ($139.99 @ Other World Computing)

No, I'm raging because you won't shut the fuck up. You've repeatedly proven your point, but you continually come back and shove Intel over AMD performance in our faces. You don't need to continue belittling AMD users. I've even admitted that Intel is better, what more do you want???

Excuse me? It's mainly you who came back to quote me about AMD vs Intel and now you're telling me to stop talking (I'm actually not) about something you started and now you're saying it for the 2nd time which makes no sense. Also you've been proven wrong like 5 times in a row in this thread and you still managed to say the same BS people here proven you wrong about. 

Wow, even on Christmas Day this argument still rages on, lmao. I think it is time you all dropped this rubbish, at least till after boxing day. Enjoy the holiday season, have fun with your family and friends, and forget about silly first world problems like this. 

Excuse me? It's mainly you who came back to quote me about AMD vs Intel and now you're telling me to stop talking (I'm actually not) about something you started and now you're saying it for the 2nd time which makes no sense. Also you've been proven wrong like 5 times in a row in this thread and you still managed to say the same BS people here proven you wrong about. 

I know I started it, but I want you to end it. Is that too much to ask? You did it again. "you've been proven wrong like five times in a row in this thread" Yes, yes I have, and I've even conceded that you're right. Why do you need to keep bringing this up? The last time I even supported AMD over Intel was, what? 2 pages ago? You just don't know when to stop, do you?

Oh, and last I checked, you actually started it. "AMD is only okay for making an idiot out of yourself. "

Wow, even on Christmas Day this argument still rages on, lmao. I think it is time you all dropped this rubbish, at least till after boxing day. Enjoy the holiday season, have fun with your family and friends, and forget about silly first world problems like this. 

I'm trying to, but this poor fool won't leave well enough alone.

Just walk away and leave him to his own devices, he has a hollow victory anyway. Benchmarks are one thing, but they never equate to real world performance. Like you I have an AMD FX cpu, and I personally have no issues with it at all. Works very well with my GTX780, and works flawlessly on my 300+ pc game library. Only game I have that drops below 60fps@1080p is watchdogs, and I got that for free with the 780 lol. Over a year ago when I built my system, it was far cheaper to go the AMD route. Which at the time I had too, as I only had a budget of £330. I will update again once I know what AMD are bringing out next. Fools errand for me to upgrade to intel at this point though, as nobody knows what will happen next year. And my cpu copes with every single game I play. 

90% of all the comments in this thread are straight up bullshit just saying.

I would get your sources and advices from people that do realy game and live stream.

Instead of people who are just google cherrypicked benchmarks all day. ;)

Qsync streaming is just awfull just saying.

I know I started it, but I want you to end it. Is that too much to ask? You did it again. "you've been proven wrong like five times in a row in this thread" Yes, yes I have, and I've even conceded that you're right. Why do you need to keep bringing this up? The last time I even supported AMD over Intel was, what? 2 pages ago? You just don't know when to stop, do you?

Oh, and last I checked, you actually started it. "AMD is only okay for making an idiot out of yourself. "

You quoted me twice about price/performance and I spoke to you twice about it and now you're begging me to stop talking about it? Tell me how exactly I'm bringing this all the time up? You are. I didn't start anything, only people like you are starting an AMD vs Intel debate. If every AMD fanboy here would get straight away banned, we wouldn't have any debates. 

Just walk away and leave him to his own devices, he has a hollow victory anyway. Benchmarks are one thing, but they never equate to real world performance. Like you I have an AMD FX cpu, and I personally have no issues with it at all. Works very well with my GTX780, and works flawlessly on my 300+ pc game library. Only game I have that drops below 60fps@1080p is watchdogs, and I got that for free with the 780 lol. Over a year ago when I built my system, it was far cheaper to go the AMD route. Which at the time I had too, as I only had a budget of £330. I will update again once I know what AMD are bringing out next. Fools errand for me to upgrade to intel at this point though, as nobody knows what will happen next year. And my cpu copes with every single game I play. 

Aye and that real world performance can be pretty much made out of BS. I got a 8350 at 5GHz now, it's literally twice as slow as my 3930k at stock with 4 cores only enabled, it's not capable of streaming at all 10 fps when streaming a 25m raid, my 3930K with a hard drive boots faster than a 8350 with 4 SSD's in raid0.

Question here is which is better AMD or Intel and NOT how well the 8350 does, let alone how it does in your own "world". If you want to discuss that go make your own AMD chat thread here. OP here already has a lga1155 board, there's completely no reason for him to go for a worse CPU while paying a hefty amount more because you were happy with its performance >.>

90% of all the comments in this thread are straight up bullshit just saying.

I've never seen you proving them wrong, it's quite hard to prove a source wrong though I agree. You're known here who said every benchmark on the net is "bullshit" since none of them showed AMD > Intel yet.

Instead of people who are just google cherrypicked benchmarks all day.  ;)

Hows so? There's only one "source" that said AMD > Intel who you even work for >.< Give me a good reason why we should take you who works for Teksyndicate with laughable fabricated benchmarks serious? Can link you 50 threads where you said the word bullshit and this is one of them. Quote me with that usual trollish facepalm meme or "blablabala", that should be self explaining you're speakless. 

Tek Syndicate is a pretty reputable fellow. One of the good ones, I would believe him

God I wish that was sarcasm... would've been a good joke.

That 8350 vs 3570K/3770K video is so goddamn awful. It's painful to watch. He has no clue what he's doing and is just throwing spaghetti at the wall.

Who cares it outperforms the Intel by 3 fps in a scenario no person should ever be playing at -> 20-30fps. It's all about bandwidth and chipsets or other weird variables at that point. It does not indicate what performance difference occur at the actual playable framerates like 60 or higher.

The TekYesCity video from Bryan is a much better representation, and i'm not saying that because intel wins. It's at framerates one would actually be playing at. With a GPU that is faster than the 7850/7870 or whatever Logan is running in that test....

You quoted me twice about price/performance and I spoke to you twice about it and now you're begging me to stop talking about it? Tell me how exactly I'm bringing this all the time up? You are. I didn't start anything, only people like you are starting an AMD vs Intel debate. If every AMD fanboy here would get straight away banned, we wouldn't have any debates. 

For the sake of both of us, just stop talking. It's as simple as that. If every Intel fanboy were banned, we wouldn't have arrogant douches waltzing around thinking they're better than everyone else.

You're known here who said every benchmark on the net is "bullshit" since none of them showed AMD > Intel yet.

Hows so? There's only one "source" that said AMD > Intel who you even work for >.< Give me a good reason why we should take you who works for Teksyndicate with laughable fabricated benchmarks serious? Can link you 50 threads where you said the word bullshit and this is one of them. Quote me with that usual trollish facepalm meme or "blablabala", that should be self explaining you're speakless. 

lol

I realy dont care about that.

And i also have no idea what you are upto.

You trying to claim, that i would have said that AMD is better then intel for streaming. Which is totaly BS.

Because i have never said that.

That are your own words not mine.

The only thing i have said once, that Xplit worked better with AMD cpu´s that time.

But today times have changed.

Still in my personal opinnion Qsync streaming is awfull.

And if op wants decent gaming + live streaming performance, he shoud go with a 4790K.

Because it works simply better on an i7.

Also, the question is allready set to answerd so who gives a fuck right? :D

For the sake of both of us, just stop talking. It's as simple as that. If every Intel fanboy were banned, we wouldn't have arrogant douches waltzing around thinking they're better than everyone else.

You are saying that cigarettes are not bad for you, yet people are dying all around you of lung cancer.

This example translates to you saying the FX8 doesn't bottleneck high end GPUs, yet all over this forum people are showing us their high end GPUs being bottlenecked by these very CPUs you defend.  The evidence is there yet you refute it.  Do you still believe the earth is flat?

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."

realy if op wants the best cpu for gaming + live streaming  then by all means go with an i7 if he could afford.

offcourse Qsync works well with an i5, But the quality just is not that great.

The i7 is simply better for that. And in my opinnion totaly worth it.

Don't forget you have quick sync with an intel cpu. That is a huge resource saver for streaming if you use OBS.

Recovering Apple addict

ASUS Zephyrus G14 2022

Spoiler

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 6900HS GPU: AMD r680M / RX 6700S RAM: 16GB DDR5 

Don't forget you have quick sync with an intel cpu. That is a huge resource saver for streaming if you use OBS.

qsync is indeed a good value for the i5 cpu´s.

But if you want decent quality live streaming, then in my opinnion he should grab an i7.

i think its realy worth it.

qsync is indeed a good value for the i5 cpu´s.

But if you want decent quality live streaming, then in my opinnion he should grab an i7.

Why do you keep saying Quick Sync is bad quality? Can you link me something that shows this?

I made a video on it and it made 0 difference in quality vs x264, but that was recording not streaming.

RIP in pepperonis m8s

Qsync streaming is just awfull just saying.

Not if you configure it properly.

Recovering Apple addict

ASUS Zephyrus G14 2022

Spoiler

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 6900HS GPU: AMD r680M / RX 6700S RAM: 16GB DDR5 

You are saying that cigarettes are bad for you, yet people are dying all around you of lung cancer.

This example translates to you saying the FX8 doesn't bottleneck high end GPUs, yet all over this forum people are showing us their high end GPUs being bottlenecked by these very CPUs you defend.  The evidence is there yet you refute it.  Do you still believe the earth is flat?

1. How does this post in particular clue you in to me thinking that?

2. I've admitted Intel is better. Multiple times. 

3. I don't have a high end GPU in the first place, so I don't really see how I could think that.