North Korea internet consists of only 1,024 IP addresses

The North Korean internet failures have generated a massive amount of international press coverage. One would expect this to be the work of a sophisticated group of hackers, possibly even with the funding of the United States, or other governments wishing to stem the tide of North Korean hackers. Turns out, a 12 year old kid can likely do it. North Korea only has 1,024 IP addresses for the entire country, compared to the 1.5 Billion IP addresses in the United States.

42216_01_north-korea-internet-limited-1-

Read more at http://www.tweaktown.com/news/42216/north-korea-internet-consists-1-024-ip-addresses/index.html

Repost. But still hilarious as fuck.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

I'm surprised the number is that high...

AMD FX-6300 @ 4.5ghz (1.332v) | Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO | Asus M5A97 R2.0 | Kingston HyperX 16GB @ 1600mhz | MSI Radeon R9 290 Twin Frozr

OCZ ModXStream Pro 600w PSU | 256GB Samsung 850 PRO SSD | 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 | Zalman Z11 Plus

I kinda thought this was public knowledge? Guess not.

Probably a repost from somewhere else earlier this year.

NCASE M1 i5-9600k  GTX 1080 FE Z370N-WIFI SF600 NH-U9S LPX 32GB 960EVO

I'm a self-identifying Corsair Nvidia Fanboy; Get over it.

I would have though it was lower.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

I dont think it is a repost. There are articles about the attack on N Korean internet, but none on the scale of the network. 

1024? That is like a byte

Computer Specifications:

AMD Ryzen 5 3600  Gigabyte B550M Aorus Elite | ADATA XPG SPECTRIX D50 32 GB 3600 MHz | Asus RTX 3060 KO Edition CoolerMaster Silencio S400 Klevv Cras C700 M.2 SSD 256GB 

1TB Crucial MX500 | 1 TB SanDisk SSD Corsair RM650W

Camera Equipment:

Camera Bodies: 

Olympus Pen-F Panasonic GH3 (Retired)

Lenses:

Sigma 30mm F1.4 | Sigma 16mm F1.4 | Sigma 19mm F2.8 | Laowa 17mm F1.8 | Olympus 45mm F1.8

And that is why I believe them when they claim they had nothing to do with the attack on sony...

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

1024? That is like a byte

1024Gb = 1Tb

Because he had a hard drive.

Lol we could DDOS them forever, easily. 

The UN should, just to prove a point.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

1024Gb = 1Tb

I mean't as in 1kb=1024bytes lol

Computer Specifications:

AMD Ryzen 5 3600  Gigabyte B550M Aorus Elite | ADATA XPG SPECTRIX D50 32 GB 3600 MHz | Asus RTX 3060 KO Edition CoolerMaster Silencio S400 Klevv Cras C700 M.2 SSD 256GB 

1TB Crucial MX500 | 1 TB SanDisk SSD Corsair RM650W

Camera Equipment:

Camera Bodies: 

Olympus Pen-F Panasonic GH3 (Retired)

Lenses:

Sigma 30mm F1.4 | Sigma 16mm F1.4 | Sigma 19mm F2.8 | Laowa 17mm F1.8 | Olympus 45mm F1.8

I've said it again and again, the attack and the fact that the group calls itself GOP seems way too trolly to be North Korea. Apparently they only have 1024 IP's now?

And that is why I believe them when they claim they had nothing to do with the attack on sony...

N Korea can easily hire some groups in Russia or China to launch the attack. All Mr. Kim has to do is to hand out a paycheck.

1024 byte = 1kb

1024 kb = mb

1024 mb = gb

1024 gb = tb 

You all are actually wrong:D

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mebibyte

[spoiler= Dream machine (There is also a buildlog)]

Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe - CPU: I7 5820k @4.4 ghz 1.225vcore - GPU: 2x Asus GTX 970 Strix edition - Mainboard: Asus X99-S - RAM: HyperX predator 4x4 2133 mhz - HDD: Seagate barracuda 2 TB 7200 rpm - SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB SSD - PSU: Corsair HX1000i - Case fans: 3x Noctua PPC 140mm - Radiator fans: 3x Noctua PPC 120 mm - CPU cooler: Fractal design Kelvin S36 together with Noctua PPCs - Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB Cherry gaming keyboard - mouse: Steelseries sensei raw - Headset: Kingston HyperX Cloud Build Log

N Korea can easily hire some groups in Russia or China to launch the attack. All Mr. Kim has to do is to hand out a paycheck.

They don't have all the money they would want us to believe

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

They have 1024 public addresses. With Network Address Translation they could theoretically have millions of devices behind each of those 1024 addresses. They probably don't but they could.

NAT is what most of the world has utilized with IPv4 in order to avoid/delay moving to IPv6.

For example, everybody here is undoubtedly utilizing NAT already. When your ISP hooks you up with Internet, your router gets a public IP from your ISP (For sake of example lets say its 142.156.88.24). It also has a private IP for the local side of your router which is likely 192.168.0.x or similar. You can set your local side up as any IP class range you want but by default its probably configured class C (254 devices).

In that configuration if you had 254 devices on your local network they would all be represented by the single 142.156.88.24 IP on the Internet, provided by your ISP.

Just didn't want people to think that NK is restricted to 1024 computers/devices in total. But yes, they do only have 1024 public Internet addresses. :)

CPU: i7 4790K  RAM: 32 GB 2400 MHz  Motherboard: Asus Z-97 Pro  GPU: GTX 770  SSD: 256 GB Samsung 850 Pro  OS: Windows 8.1 64-bit

You all are actually wrong:D

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mebibyte

Unless you use the binary instead of the decimal definitions. :)

I believe, for most people here, the real news is that North Korea has internet.

Anyone who has a sister hates the fact that his sister isn't Kasugano Sora.
Anyone who does not have a sister hates the fact that Kasugano Sora isn't his sister.
I'm not insulting anyone; I'm just being condescending. There is a difference, you see...

Lol we could DDOS them forever, easily. 

lol

My Setup :P

Spoiler

Skylake: I7-6700|MSI B150 GAMING M3|16GB GSKILL RIPJAWS V|R9 280X (WILL BE 1070)|CRUCIAL MX300 + WD BLACK 1TB

1024Gb = 1Tb

1024 byte = 1kb

1024 kb = mb

1024 mb = gb

1024 gb = tb 

I mean't as in 1kb=1024bytes lol

Wrong look at this topic http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/209941-why-hard-drives-are-smaller-than-advertised/ all of you.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

What you see as a drive capacity involves space for Cache and drive firmware.

What you see as a drive capacity involves space for Cache and drive firmware.

Really you left my point and went for the HDD, 1TB = 1000GB not 1024 GB, 1TiB = 1024GiB.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650