Intel Core i7 5820K Giveaway

I would use this CPU to summon the lord Gabe. Then, make him create from the ashes of a x99 motherboard a Computer worthy to play Half-Life 3.

Praise Gabe

A CPU like this would come in very handy for the times I 3D render as a hobby  :).

I'm stuck with a dying motherboard and was thinking of upgrading. but these processes as so damn expensive. This would be the perfect xmas gift!

I would use that CPU for video editing and games. Currently I use AMD based system, so if I win it I will finally go Intel!

I would produce an easy to follow Overclocking guide for the community to reference and Enjoy.

Mainboard Asrock Z170 OCF CPU 6700k RAM Tridentz 3600 HDD Intel 730 240gb GPU GTX 780ti sc acx PSU Silverstone Strider 1200W  Case Antec 900 Laptop Lenovo Thinkpad T520 build log-   http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/35809-antec-900-the-re-birth-of-a-legend/ Check out the Tech Center https://www.youtube.com/user/prokon24/videos LTT's Unicore King

would love to get one!!!!!!!!!!!!

Only downside is to find money to buy a x99 motherboard.

!!!AWESOME

IF I had the money I would put it in my main system which I use for everything, gaming, video editing, 3d modelling and rendering...

My current CPU is such a bottleneck for my 4gb 670... Rendering stuff takes ages.

Wow! I'd really love to win that CPU!

I'd use it to build a new video editing Machine.

I mean... Dude dem 6 Cores!

What I would do with this beast of a processor.Let's see :-).

Currently on an AMD system, so single threaded performance is the missing link Intel can satisfy.

1. Compile code faster[yes-you C++,& you Linux kernel & AUR]

2. Play video games that depend on CPU processing capabilities [hah, single threaded games...]

3. Encode videos at blazing speeds

4. Calculate my taxes faster[and any other form of calculation]

1.64~% 0.0179% chance of winning. May fortuna be [seriously] with me.

[edit:looks like I thought it was just 4 pages...]

If I were to win a 5820k, I would do a full system overhaul to handle 4k gaming, as well as delve back into video editing, and try my hand at 3D rendering. I have aspirations of starting up my own tech company, that would be an incredible jumpstart to getting what I need and finalizing my training/schooling.
Right now, my 3570k@4.4ghz just doesn't have the oompf behind it, nor does my massively aging 7950 twin frozr =[

Thanks for the opportunity LMG and Intel! I'd finish my planned Mini-ITX build as a replacement for my aging laptop. I'd be gaming, editing photos and 4k video, and doing some software development on the box.

If i were to win one of these I would either upgrade my current rig or build a new one :D

I would buy an X99 mobo and game with it. I've only got an A8-3870k as of now and I've been planning on buying an i5, but this would be better.

If I was to win one of these awesome chips I would use it as another excuse to upgrade and make a new build. Real question would be what to do with my current rig. I guess I would pass it down to my cousins who recently got into PC gaming and are really itching to fully appreciate what a high end rig can accomplish.

am planning to biuld my first system with x99 and i hope this will save me a lot of money. 

I'd more then likely give my current processor/mobo combo to my little brother, and then frankenstein a workstation for myself.

I'd use it for a new gaming/content creation rig as atm I'm using an ancient system :( thanks to Intel for the giveaway and thanks to all at Linus Media Group for the awesome content!!

I would make a second PC with the 5820K. I would use it for rendering video and using it for Twitch streams. Not much else lol

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 4790K @ 4.6 GHz

Motherboard: Asus ROG Maximus VII Hero

RAM: Corsair Vengeance 32 GB @ 1903 MHz

GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX Titan X @ 1100 / 7030 MHz
Case: Corsair Obsidian 750D with the Ghetto LED 5000 lighting kit
Storage: 1TB Samsung 840 EVO
PSU: Corsair AX1200i
Display: Dell P2415Q
Cooling: Corsair H100i
Keyboard: Corsair Vengeance K95 RGB (Cherry MX Reds)
Mouse: Sharkk MMO Pro

Spoiler
Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550
Gigabyte GA-G41MT-S2PT
Arctic Freezer 7 Pro Rev 2
G.Skill Value 8 GB (1333 MHz)
Cooler Master N200
Seagate Barracuda 1 TB
Insignia 300W
Windows 7 Enterprise

Spoiler
Intel Core i3 3240
Asus P8Z77-V LX
4790K stock cooler with Cooler Master HTK-002 thermal paste
Corsair XMS3 4 GB (1333 MHz)
Cooler Master HAF 912
Seagate Barracuda 1 TB
Thermaltake TR2 430W
Windows 10 Pro

I would have to upgrade my motherboard to put it in my system but it would be worth it.

I need the 5820k. I am a telecommunications engineer and my actual amd x4 940 is asking me for retirement... Actually all my pc is doing it.

I'm definitely looking for a sweet CPU! More looking for gaming though. Wouldn't be a bad for if I choose to get into content creation in the near future!