**old tread - please check stickied thread** UOLTT 2015 Star Citizen Battle starts 16th January!

rentaspoon

Crap, that's exactly when I have to leave for work.  :(

As a quick fix we could do a time attack, too. For example how fast can you get to wave 10 in Vanduul Swarm and stream/record yourself, while doing it. A crappy smartphone video of your screen would do, just so we can see wave and time.

Next time I'd suggest that we do that on a Sunday morning GMT so no one has to work  :lol:

where abouts do you live? I want to have people setup different times for different zones basicly "unofficial" times, as for the time trails on the vanduul swarm that's a good idea to have set waves and I'm all for that I just need more help (and more time :P ) to set that up, that IS what the second game is tho.

I have a suggestion.

To make it more even between different control schemes maybe we could fly with the weapons fixed forward. I mean no gimbals. This way it'll have more of the dogfight feel. Let me know what you think. I tried it yesterday and it's really fun. 

yep, that would be a handicap for some and the norm for others though, it is something that I'm implementing just trying to figure out scoring. I prefer no gimbal to gimballed.

where abouts do you live? I want to have people setup different times for different zones basicly "unofficial" times, as for the time trails on the vanduul swarm that's a good idea to have set waves and I'm all for that I just need more help (and more time :P ) to set that up, that IS what the second game is tho.

yep, that would be a handicap for some and the norm for others though, it is something that I'm implementing just trying to figure out scoring. I prefer no gimbal to gimballed.

It' actually GMT +1 but I have night shift  :P

I have a suggestion.

To make it more even between different control schemes maybe we could fly with the weapons fixed forward. I mean no gimbals. This way it'll have more of the dogfight feel. Let me know what you think. I tried it yesterday and it's really fun. 

regarding handicap:

I'd either do multiple groups, for gimbaled and non gimbaled weapons or fixed weapons with mouse and keyboard so there is no advantage for playing on gamepad or joystick either, as not everyone as either of them.

For weapons one could suggest, that we use max of 4 size 1 guns, but again not everyone even has a ship with 4 mounts (i.e. 300i, lower Hornets) and we need to test first, if size 2 guns are actually twice as strong, as size one (comparing CF-007 with CF-117). Maybe doing groups here, too.

Did you know this forum has an unofficial/official Star Citizen group? Head over to our organization's page, numerous forum threads or our LTTC Discord Server to find out more.

regarding handicap:

I'd either do multiple groups, for gimbaled and non gimbaled weapons or fixed weapons with mouse and keyboard so there is no advantage for playing on gamepad or joystick either, as not everyone as either of them.

For weapons one could suggest, that we use max of 4 size 1 guns, but again not everyone even has a ship with 4 mounts (i.e. 300i, lower Hornets) and we need to test first, if size 2 guns are actually twice as strong, as size one (comparing CF-007 with CF-117). Maybe doing groups here, too.

One the other hand if we make so many groups, we'll have a single player in each group as everybody flies on a different ship/setup.

Therefore maybe we should fly stock loadouts only? This way it's going to be so much easier to implement any rules.

regarding handicap:

regarding handicap:

One the other hand if we make so many groups, we'll have a single player in each group as everybody flies on a different ship/setup.

Therefore maybe we should fly stock loadouts only? This way it's going to be so much easier to implement any rules.

her's what i have on modifications so far:

Ship modifications

1. Guns

You must choose from one of the following, you cannot mix and match.

A)You may replace existing stock guns up to the value of 16k UEC, the value is per gun not as a pair.

B)You may add guns up the value of 8k, the value is per gun not as a pair.

C) You may use your ships stock loadout, while you will not gain additional points in game an extra 1000 points will be added to your score on the leaderboard and marked accordingly.

2. Missiles

You must pick from the following.

A)You may add or replace missiles to a up 10k UEC, please note missiles in shop are priced for 10, you may price up individually and mix missile type.

If your ship does not have missiles, you may add launchers at no extra cost.

B)Leave stock

C) You may decide to strip your ship of it's missiles or not add a launcher, while you will not gain additional points in game an extra 1000 points will be added to your score on the leaderboard and marked accordingly.

3. Other modifications

No other modifications will be allowed until further notice

this allows auroras and 300i to upgrade but not have a major advantage.

her's what i have on modifications so far:

this allows auroras and 300i to upgrade but not have a major advantage.

@Maciek

After looking at the RSI website and comparing stock loadouts I came up with this:

Group 1: Small

Recommended ships: Aurora series, Mustang series, M50

Weapons: 2x size 1 only, no missiles

Controls: mouse and keyboard with fixed weapons (right shift toggle), turrets are not allowed to fire backwards

other ships can be used if weapon requirements are met

Group 2: Medium

Recommended ships: 300 series, Hornet series

Weapons: 2x size 2 only, no missiles

Controls: mouse and keyboard with fixed weapons (right shift toggle), turrets are not allowed to fire backwards

Group 3: free for all

Recommended ships: 300 series, Hornet series, Avenger, Cutlass series

Weapons: no restrictions

Controls: no restrictions

Group 2 is more limited than I thought, but it's because of the broken nose mounts on the Hornets. On the other hand this way even some Aurora and Mustang variants can join in. If we decide that 2x size 1 = 1x size 2 we could also allow the Cutlass into group 2.

What do you think?

Also any plans yet on how to run the contest? 1v1 leaderboard, deathmatch winner by points, last man standing?

Did you know this forum has an unofficial/official Star Citizen group? Head over to our organization's page, numerous forum threads or our LTTC Discord Server to find out more.

damnit... leaving for vacation on the 16th so I'll miss this :(

Intel i7-7770K | Asus Maximus X Hero  | EVGA GTX980 SuperClocked | 16GB Memory| Samsung 960 EVO M.2 | Corsair RM 750W | Dell 27" S2716DG main display | Dual Dell ST2320L 23" Secondary displays | Windows 10

Logitech G710+ Keyboard | Logitech G502 mouse | Kingston HyperX Cloud headset | Corsair H100i 

I can fly in bf4 and arma 3 with my Logitech wireless controller very well. Should I go for one hand on a joystick while the other is on wasd or something? Is there a best all around joystick $20-$80? 

PS: What do you guys think about the Aurora LN? Good ship to start out with?

CPU: Intel I7 4790k @ 4.6Ghz 1.255v | GPU: Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 980 Ti | Display: Acer XB270HU bprz | RAM: 16GB (4x4GB) Gskill Ripjaws X 1866MHz | CPU Cooler: H80i | Motherboard: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 | SSD: Mushkin 120GB + Sandisk 480GB | HDD: WD Blue 1TB | Case: Enthoo Pro |PSU: Seaconic M12II EVO 850w | OS: Windows 10 64-Bit | Mouse: Logitech RGB G502 | Keyboard: Thermaltake Poseidon Z (Brown Switches) | 

@Maciek

After looking at the RSI website and comparing stock loadouts I came up with this:

Group 2 is more limited than I thought, but it's because of the broken nose mounts on the Hornets. On the other hand this way even some Aurora and Mustang variants can join in. If we decide that 2x size 1 = 1x size 2 we could also allow the Cutlass into group 2.

What do you think?

Also any plans yet on how to run the contest? 1v1 leaderboard, deathmatch winner by points, last man standing?

I'm thinking about the group 2 now.. With the 2x size 2 it will take LOTS of hits to take the Hornet down. Maybe 4 guns would be more suitable?

How will we communicate?

Either telepathy or team speak, I need to find the team speak server details and we'll hijack that!

I still want to vote but I don't know what I'm voting for! I should probably research the game a bit "P

The year is 20XX. Everyone plays Fox at TAS levels of perfection. Because of this, the winner of a match depends solely on port priority. The RPS metagame has evolved to ridiculous levels due to it being the only remaining factor to decide matches.

Only Abate, Axe, and Wobbles can save us.

I still want to vote but I don't know what I'm voting for! I should probably research the game a bit "P

what don't you understand? I'll try to make some sense of it

@Maciek

What do you think?

I'm thinking about the group 2 now.. With the 2x size 2 it will take LOTS of hits to take the Hornet down. Maybe 4 guns would be more suitable?

I'm trying not to divide people into groups as I want people to be able to play with anyone, original idea was leaderboards lists for each ship NOT including varient types with handicaps on varient types, games would consist of any ship with any player and it would be winner by points, handicaps would be applied to final scores not ktd ratio.

Deathmatchs in Arena Commander are cool because they include damage caused by a player to the score which means in my aurora I could place second in a match against the torrent waves of hornets because I caused so much damage however I could hardly finish someone off because I would be picked on. 

I can fly in bf4 and arma 3 with my Logitech wireless controller very well. Should I go for one hand on a joystick while the other is on wasd or something? Is there a best all around joystick $20-$80? 

PS: What do you guys think about the Aurora LN? Good ship to start out with?

LN is my fav coupled with the 9 series longsword on the extra hardpoints otherwise look at the mustang beta.

I was mainly referring to the map choices. I don't know them so I can't really provide input to which one is my favorite.

The year is 20XX. Everyone plays Fox at TAS levels of perfection. Because of this, the winner of a match depends solely on port priority. The RPS metagame has evolved to ridiculous levels due to it being the only remaining factor to decide matches.

Only Abate, Axe, and Wobbles can save us.

sign up sheet is now open to edit yourselves might be dangerous but hopefully noone plays to much with it

I was mainly referring to the map choices. I don't know them so I can't really provide input to which one is my favorite.

broken moon - lighter, more reflection of glass but doesn't kill your mood, lots of debris to hit and broken open asteriods to hide from the vanduul.

http://youtu.be/E78bBPe0fsw?t=51s

dying star (my fav) - darker, less reflections off glass, big asteriods to hit but big open areas

http://youtu.be/9JbRgglnr5I?t=25s

@rentaspoon You have some experience with the weapons in the Voyager Direct store, right? I am considering swapping out the Sledge II on my 325A with the Sawbuck burst cannon. Do you know how it these weapons fair against each other?

EDIT: I have put my name it the GDoc :)

New to Star Citizen? Look no further!

@rentaspoon You have some experience with the weapons in the Voyager Direct store, right? I am considering swapping out the Sledge II on my 325A with the Sawbuck burst cannon. Do you know how it these weapons fair against each other?

EDIT: I have put my name it the GDoc :)

thanks, sawbuck kills with 2 shots of burst fire ( 6 shots in total), you get about 100 rounds, effective up close and personal. havent had much time with them though not the best upgrade

I'm trying not to divide people into groups as I want people to be able to play with anyone, original idea was leaderboards lists for each ship NOT including varient types with handicaps on varient types, games would consist of any ship with any player and it would be winner by points, handicaps would be applied to final scores not ktd ratio.

Deathmatchs in Arena Commander are cool because they include damage caused by a player to the score which means in my aurora I could place second in a match against the torrent waves of hornets because I caused so much damage however I could hardly finish someone off because I would be picked on. 

Sometimes I'm just stupid. Sorry for not getting the point here.

I'd still suggest locking gimbals, mouse and keyboard only, not shooting behind you and maybe limit total weapon loadout to 40,000 UEC. Mounts do not count towards this limit. If your missiles are not listed they don't count towards the limit either. That would be for example 2x CF-117 and 2x M4A

As for handicap, we really need to do some testing. If someone has some time to spare tomorrow, hit me up on Steam or send me a PM.

Sometimes I'm just stupid. Sorry for not getting the point here.

I'd still suggest locking gimbals, mouse and keyboard only, not shooting behind you and maybe limit total weapon loadout to 40,000 UEC. Mounts do not count towards this limit. If your missiles are not listed they don't count towards the limit either. That would be for example 2x CF-117 and 2x M4A

As for handicap, we really need to do some testing. If someone has some time to spare tomorrow, hit me up on Steam or send me a PM.

I understand, I'll think about gimbal locking, shooting behind can be achieved by decoupling anyway so no point about limiting that,my issue with KB and mouse only is mine sit in front of a 40" TV and I kinda like my retinas! :P

I understand, I'll think about gimbal locking, shooting behind can be achieved by decoupling anyway so no point about limiting that,my issue with KB and mouse only is mine sit in front of a 40" TV and I kinda like my retinas! :P

Crap, didn't think of that. I'm really not thinking this to the end  :lol:

I guess controller would be okay then, but imho a joystick user would have an advantage if all gimbals are locked.

Crap, didn't think of that. I'm really not thinking this to the end :lol:

I guess controller would be okay then, but imho a joystick user would have an advantage if all gimbals are locked.

Not really, its the same issue I always get. Controllers aren't as good as mice etc. When really its preference.

Not really, its the same issue I always get. Controllers aren't as good as mice etc. When really its preference.

True.

I put it on the testing list and see, if locking gimbals even makes that much of a difference, all-though I just have a very old and crappy joystick.  :P

I'm about to get some testing for the controls done, and going to stream how badly I'm failing.

feel free to join me and tell me how bad of a job I'm doing  :lol:

http://www.twitch.tv/napper198

edit: in about 10-15 mins

Edit 2: problems with mic. stalled for now

Edit 3: cant get the Microphone to work. Doing Tests offline.

Edited by Napper198

Hi, I don't think I can make it at the specified time, but is there any other way to enter the competition???

Where can I find the Ship Modification rules?

It's in the thread

Hi, I don't think I can make it at the specified time, but is there any other way to enter the competition???

I'm working on something