**old tread - please check stickied thread** UOLTT 2015 Star Citizen Battle starts 16th January!

rentaspoon

Ok, first I need to apologize that streaming didn't happen at all and even recording offline was without sound, so no video.  :(

On to the test:

I did 3 rounds for each setup on Vanduul Swarm, Map: Broken Moon, no missiles, Allies killed first (time for getting allies dead was subtracted) and ended when wave 3 was fully defeated.

With gimbals unlocked: 200 seconds average per run (fastest 176; slowest 219)

With gimbals locked:     260 seconds average per run (fastes 209; slowest 288)

With controller:              fail (I couldn't even get to wave 3 without loosing weapons)

With joystack:                fail (because for some stupid reason Win 8.1 doesn't let me calibrate my old joystick anymore)

The interesting part was that 2 runs was within 5 seconds difference on both setups.

Relying on those numbers I'd say 4-5% handicap for every gimballed weapon.

Also @rentaspoon

You forgot to put GMT in the details doc

Also, maybe two official times 6pm GMT and 7pm CST?

Still using this thread so I don't clutter up the new one with unnecessary information or unfinished rules.

Did you know this forum has an unofficial/official Star Citizen group? Head over to our organization's page, numerous forum threads or our LTTC Discord Server to find out more.

Ok, first I need to apologize that streaming didn't happen at all and even recording offline was without sound, so no video. :(

On to the test:

I did 3 rounds for each setup on Vanduul Swarm, Map: Broken Moon, no missiles, Allies killed first (time for getting allies dead was subtracted) and ended when wave 3 was fully defeated.

With gimbals unlocked: 200 seconds average per run (fastest 176; slowest 219)

With gimbals locked: 260 seconds average per run (fastes 209; slowest 288)

With controller: fail (I couldn't even get to wave 3 without loosing weapons)

With joystack: fail (because for some stupid reason Win 8.1 doesn't let me calibrate my old joystick anymore)

The interesting part was that 2 runs was within 5 seconds difference on both setups.

Relying on those numbers I'd say 4-5% handicap for every gimballed weapon.

Also @rentaspoon

You forgot to put GMT in the details doc

Also, maybe two official times 6pm GMT and 7pm CST?

Still using this thread so I don't clutter up the new one with unnecessary information or unfinished rules.

So first off with a handicap like that it's not worth enforcing if it only effects 6% maybe if it cut the time in half but I would think the major difference would be the ships themselves so would make sense to handicap them instead

Secondly, where is the error? I don't see it.

Thirdly, thanks for the help I appreciate it.

So first off with a handicap like that it's not worth enforcing if it only effects 6% maybe if it cut the time in half but I would think the major difference would be the ships themselves so would make sense to handicap them instead

Secondly, where is the error? I don't see it.

Thirdly, thanks for the help I appreciate it.

From my test I can tell, that the control methods are purely personal preference, and someone who is used to use a controller my even be faster than me using mouse and keyboard and since we could evaluate points by ship, we could ignore handicap altogether. Sure, the better ships have better chances to become ace of aces, but still everyone is able to become ace of their ship.

I overread that you put it in further up, but just to be safe of more idiots like me it would be better to put behind every time.  :lol:

No problem. If you still need help, I could crunch some of the scoreboards for you.

Best thing would be to set up a gmail people can send their screenshots to and give every ref the password to that account so you don't need to assign workload manually.

Did you know this forum has an unofficial/official Star Citizen group? Head over to our organization's page, numerous forum threads or our LTTC Discord Server to find out more.

From my test I can tell, that the control methods are purely personal preference, and someone who is used to use a controller my even be faster than me using mouse and keyboard and since we could evaluate points by ship, we could ignore handicap altogether. Sure, the better ships have better chances to become ace of aces, but still everyone is able to become ace of their ship.

I overread that you put it in further up, but just to be safe of more idiots like me it would be better to put behind every time. :lol:

No problem. If you still need help, I could crunch some of the scoreboards for you.

Best thing would be to set up a gmail people can send their screenshots to and give every ref the password to that account so you don't need to assign workload manually.

Yep, we are ignoring handicaps at the moment and we will see how it goes for now.

As for email address good idea and I'll need help but it's more finding roles for everyone, I would prefer organisers willing to give up a bit of time to run get together @ different times. This month is plan and see how it goes.

I have consistently been the org's highest ranked pilot in BR and SB since the implementation of the scoreboards. I hereby demand the title of Most Exalted Stick-waggler. :D

Lol ok, on a more serious note, I work at pretty erratic hours but I would love to participate if I'm free. I just hope that private matches will be fixed until the 16th because they don't work at the moment, you can organize them but they end up being public... which isn't a problem if they're full, I guess. The other problem is that the poll results are all well and good but Broken Moon does not work at the moment either. Here's hoping they'll patch this stuff away before the date. :)

In any case, if anyone needs any SC-related configuration help or piloting advice, feel free to PM me here or on the RSI forums at any time. The name there is Corwinsk.

Also, I was thinking that for the longer term, we may want to think about organizing scheduled org private matches and training sessions with streams as other orgs are doing. I'll be delighted to lend a hand with this as well.

I have consistently been the org's highest ranked pilot in BR and SB since the implementation of the scoreboards. I hereby demand the title of Most Exalted Stick-waggler. :D

Lol ok, on a more serious note, I work at pretty erratic hours but I would love to participate if I'm free. I just hope that private matches will be fixed until the 16th because they don't work at the moment, you can organize them but they end up being public... which isn't a problem if they're full, I guess. The other problem is that the poll results are all well and good but Broken Moon does not work at the moment either. Here's hoping they'll patch this stuff away before the date. :)

In any case, if anyone needs any SC-related configuration help or piloting advice, feel free to PM me here or on the RSI forums at any time. The name there is Corwinsk.

Also, I was thinking that for the longer term, we may want to think about organizing scheduled org private matches and training sessions with streams as other orgs are doing. I'll be delighted to lend a hand with this as well.

yep i've been keeping an eye on them, broken moon works fine for me, if the game ends up with a few randoms then we can't do much about it.

we will work with what we have :)