If you could warn all new PC users of something, what would it be?

Hunched

Not necessarily true.

for example? because yes bigger number can be better but not always there is no case in which bigger number are all that matters

"You know it'll clock down as soon as it hits 40°C, right?" - "Yeah ... but it doesnt hit 40°C ... ever  😄"

GPU: MSI GTX1080 Ti Aero @ 2 GHz (watercooled) CPU: Ryzen 5600X (watercooled) RAM: 32GB 3600Mhz Corsair LPX MB: Gigabyte B550i PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Hyte Revolt 3

Are there any other must change things like Mouse Acceleration?

I'm curious whether or not there is possibly anything else stupid that should be changed I might not know about.

Or is Mouse Acceleration really the only thing? It's basically a "make all your inputs unpredictable and inaccurate" setting and it's on by default, ridiculous.

I feel like there's probably more things out there I would change if I knew about them, maybe not though, perhaps I'm overthinking.

THIS SHIT IS THE BEST POST I HAVE SEEN IN 3 MONTHS 

OH

MY

GOD

YES

your wording is so frikken perfect.... 

Why thank you ^///^

for example? because yes bigger number can be better but not always there is no case in which bigger number are all that matters

That's why I said "not necessarily true". A bigger number may not mean anything, but to say that they don't mean anything isn't correct. 

Also, if you want an example, a 7 inch dick is better than a 3 inch dick.

That's why I said "not necessarily true". A bigger number may not mean anything, but to say that they don't mean anything isn't correct. 

Also, if you want an example, a 7 inch dick is better than a 3 inch dick.

wow . really? dicks? fine then , lets see, what if the 7" is also just as thick as a AAA batterie? is it still better? all im saying is bigger number isnt always better . there are more factors to it. a friend of mine used to brag about his 4gb geforce x10 (dont know the exact model anymore) and that piece of shit didnt do jack so bigger numbers on their own dont mean anything

"You know it'll clock down as soon as it hits 40°C, right?" - "Yeah ... but it doesnt hit 40°C ... ever  😄"

GPU: MSI GTX1080 Ti Aero @ 2 GHz (watercooled) CPU: Ryzen 5600X (watercooled) RAM: 32GB 3600Mhz Corsair LPX MB: Gigabyte B550i PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Hyte Revolt 3

wow . really? dicks? fine then , lets see, what if the 7" is also just as thick as a AAA batterie? is it still better? all im saying is bigger number isnt always better . there are more factors to it. a friend of mine used to brag about his 4gb geforce x10 (dont know the exact model anymore) and that piece of shit didnt do jack so bigger numbers on their own dont mean anything

The example was a joke -_-

I never argued against the point that bigger numbers aren't always better. You said bigger numbers don't mean shit, which is not true, because a lot of the time they can mean something. That's what I was arguing against.

I never argued against the point that bigger numbers aren't always better. You said bigger numbers don't mean shit, which is not true, because a lot of the time they can mean something. That's what I was arguing against.

ok so you were being a smart ass understanding what i meant but wanting to argue over sentencing?

ok so you were being a smart ass understanding what i meant but wanting to argue over sentencing?

No. I only know what you actually meant because you started saying something different after I made my first post.

Uhhm? Dont trust ads on russian sites and dont klick "yes" when you didnt start the download by yourself? (malware etc)

oh and everything els is or will be mentioned already

if possible put your cpu cooler in after youve connected the I/O and stuff. sharp edges ;)

you haven't been in the PC building game long enough if you've never lost a little blood to one.

never ever cheap out on you PSU!

i did, once, it it didn't die alone.

Build: Sister's new build |CPU i5 2500k|MOBO MSI h61m-p23 b3|PSU Rosewill 850w  |RAM 4GB 1333|GPU Radeon HD 6950 2GB OCedition|HDD 500GB 7200|HDD 500GB 7200|CASE Rosewill R5|Status online

Build: Digital Vengeance|CPU i7 4790k 4.8GHz 1.33V|MOBO MSI z97-Gaming 7|PSU Seasonic Xseries 850w|RAM 16GB G.skill sniper 2133|GPU Dual R9 290s|SSD 256GB Neutron|SSD 240GB|HDD 2TB 7200|CASE Fractal Design Define R5|Status online

Numbers mean everything in computers, without them you'd be out playing with rocks. Stating they're meaningless is like saying computers are meaningless. Their value is dependent on the variable you're talking about with reference to the value. Higher bandwidth for instance is a good thing, but higher latency is not. So its not the value or the range but the variable you're evaluating.

I roll with sigs off so I have no idea what you're advertising.

This is NOT the signature you are looking for.

Please. Please! Don't get a cheap PSU.

"an obvious supporter of privacy"

That getting a closed loop watercooler is not going to make your room and PC cooler for Summer.

Well it will make it cool-er... ha ha ha You see what I mean?

You are the opposite of me, I only play like 2 games haha 

https://steamdb.info/calculator/?player=NYAF&currency=us

ElRXNkB.png

When I think about it now it hardly seems worth it.

Like E-Sports? Check out the E-Sports forum for competitive click click pew pew

Like Anime? Check out Heaven Society the forums local Anime club

I was only living because it was too much trouble to die.

R9 7950x | RTX4090

you haven't been in the PC building game long enough if you've never lost a little blood to one.

never ever cheap out on you PSU!

i did, once, it it didn't die alone.

This is malformulated.... only buy a PSU from Corsair, Seasonic, CM, silverstone,  EVGA, and a couple more brands I'm probably forgetting.

Whether on a budget or not, the most important component in a PC is always the motherboard. The motherboard is key for future upgrades, and compatibility.

Don't cheap out on your motherboard.

"It seems we living the American dream, but the people highest up got the lowest self esteem. The prettiest people do the ugliest things, for the road to riches and diamond rings."- Kanye West, "All Falls Down"

I would warn them to hide their wallets when the steam sales start, to avoid humble bundle, and to leave gog alone

Unless of course they want to own 1000 games they never play :P

like me

I think only 6 or 7 of my 80+ games have over 30 hours on them...

- i7-2600k @ 4.7GHz - MSI 1070 8GB Gaming X - ASUS Maximus V Formula AC3 Edition - 16GB G.SKILL Ripjaws @ 1600Mhz - Corsair RM1000 - 1TB 7200RPM Seagate HDD + 2TB 7200 HDD + 2x240GB M500 RAID 0 - Corsair 750D - Samsung PX2370 & ASUS ROG SWIFT -

It would be to stay away from most online communities that are nothing more than cesspools of fanboyism and hypocrisy so that they don't sour their view of any brands or products or become closed to all options available because damn, the internet gets pretty gnarly when it comes to that kind of stuff. 

90% of the time, don't use PSU's included with cases.

Also, don't cheap out on your power supply, it's one of the parts that can be most devastating if it was to fail. This includes destroying other components.

(Corsair is always a great choice if you're looking for an awesome PSU)

Don't put the clock speed slider all the waay to the top straight away in afterburner. (Don't know what I was thinking when I did that)

I would warn them of console peasants creating a rebellion.

*whispers in a British accent*

​We must stop the rebellion… at all costs!

It would be to stay away from most online communities that are nothing more than cesspools of fanboyism and hypocrisy so that they don't sour their view of any brands or products or become closed to all options available because damn, the internet gets pretty gnarly when it comes to that kind of stuff. 

I came into this thread with the intention of saying exactly the same thing.

However I wonder where one might get unbiased reviews these days?

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

Also, don't buy cheap fans and buy more hard drive space than you think you'll need