If you could warn all new PC users of something, what would it be?

Hunched

How the hell did you play games?

Poorly?

Hey, not bad. I kick ass as pyro in TF2

Follow the topics you create using the "Follow" button in the top right corner!

One day I will have my GTX 970. One day. PC specs are at my profile.

Not sure how to check what part works with what? Check out my compatibility guide!

Welcome to the world of screen tearing. Get G-sync/FreeSync. Dealzon is the best & PCMR!

Asrock

CPU: Intel core i7-4770 --- CPU Cooler: Corsair H105 --- GPU: Asus Geforce GTX 970 Strix --- MB: Asus Maximus VI Hero --- RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB

Case: Corsair Obsidian 750D --- PSU: Corsair AX860i --- SSD: Seagate 120GB --- HDD: Seagate 2TB + Toshiba 1TB --- ODD: Asus External DVD-R

Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow 2013 Ultimate --- Mouse: Logitech G602 --- Mousepad: Corsair Vengeance MM600 --- Monitor: LG 29UM65

That usb 3 mobo connectors are fragile... Bent some of the pins on mine... No front port usb 3 for me :(

My Build: Phoenix

Processor: Intel i7 4770k, Motherboard: Asus Z97-P RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB GPU: MSI GTX 1050TI OC Case: Corsair ICUE 4000X, Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 120GB + 500GB + 2TB HDD PSU: Corsair RM750, Cooling: Corsair H100i Capellix, 

If you want to talk to me or give me an answer, please tag me otherwise you'll be talking to thin air ❤️

1 word: Apple...

no no , i think you meant "alienware" 

Please quote me or tag me if your trying to talk to me , I might see it through all my other notifications ^_^

Spoiler
Spoiler
the current list of dead cards is as follows 2 evga gtx 980ti acx 2.0 , 1 evga gtx 980 acx 2.0 1600mhz core 2100mhz ram golden chip card ... failed hardcore , 1 290x that caught fire , 1 hd 7950 .

may you all rest in peaces in the giant pc in the sky

I would say: Don't cheap out on your case. :D

YESS

I learned that lesson. Soon ill be getting a 230T from my current Bitfenix Prodigy M.

What a shitty, hard to work in case.

Also the plastic handles bend a lot to the point of looking like their glued on with Elmer's Glue.

Project Cobalt: 

CPU: AMD FX 8370 Motherboard:

Asus M5A97 R2.0

RAM: G.Skill Ares 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3 2133 GPU:

Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming Case: NZXT H440 (Blue)

Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 256GB +  2x 1TB WD Cavier Blue

PSU: Corsair 750G2 

CPU Cooler: Swiftech H220X

Keyboard: Model M + a lot of others 

Mouse: Logitech G502

Vintage Gaming PC: AMD Athlon T-Bird 800Mhz, Gainward nVidia Ti200 128MB, 512MB Crucial RAM DDR, Compaq ASPEN 2 OEM Board, Soundblaster Live! 5.1, Windows 98SE

#Corsair

Read reviews.. but that goes along with buying anything in life.

“Everything in excess! To enjoy the flavor of life, take big bites. Moderation is for monks.”

Some things I haven't seen on here.

• Back up your data. No, a fault-tolerant RAID is not backup. You have no idea how valuable your data is until it's gone and you need it.
  • Put Windows/OS on a separate drive from your data. Drive; NOT partition.
  • For a RAID, avoid buying drives that were made at the exact same time/same batch if possible
  • Get a surge suppressor/battery backup. Even the best PSUs won't be able to handle a power surge well
  • Always press the power after you unplug your PC before working on it, as there is always some 'juice' stored
  • Don't open up a PSU. Don't even try to fix it. PSUs hold a charge for a ...very...long time and you will electrocute yourself if you're not careful
  • Listen for funky noises. Often times noises can give you clues to failures that are about to happen (such as HDD clicking, CPU fans spinning unworldly fast
  • Steam sales make you spend more money than you think you're going to.

Some things I haven't seen on here.

• Back up your data. No, a fault-tolerant RAID is not backup. You have no idea how valuable your data is until it's gone and you need it.
  • Put Windows/OS on a separate drive from your data. Drive; NOT partition.
  • For a RAID, avoid buying drives that were made at the exact same time/same batch if possible
  • Get a surge suppressor/battery backup. Even the best PSUs won't be able to handle a power surge well
  • Always press the power after you unplug your PC before working on it, as there is always some 'juice' stored
  • Don't open up a PSU. Don't even try to fix it. PSUs hold a charge for a ...very...long time and you will electrocute yourself if you're not careful
  • Listen for funky noises. Often times noises can give you clues to failures that are about to happen (such as HDD clicking, CPU fans spinning unworldly fast
  • Steam sales make you spend more money than you think you're going to.

That's actually good advice 0.0.

Who are you???

He is apparently; 

I am not anybody's alt, I have lurked this forum for a very long time and observed these members to be prolific, now I finally decided to make an account for myself, all the usernames I initially wanted were taken already so I just made this for fun.

I am not a troll, if you look at my posts you will see they are not troll posts.

Spoiler

Corsair 400C- Intel i7 6700- Gigabyte Gaming 6- GTX 1080 Founders Ed. - Intel 530 120GB + 2xWD 1TB + Adata 610 256GB- 16GB 2400MHz G.Skill- Evga G2 650 PSU- Corsair H110- ASUS PB278Q- Dell u2412m- Logitech G710+ - Logitech g700 - Sennheiser PC350 SE/598se

Is it just me or is Grammar slowly becoming extinct on LTT? 

Bloatwares, although not sure about the amount of those on new PCs today ...

Spoiler

1. If you get a pre-built, find a way to remove bloatware and install a lightweight antivirus if you don't want to use windows defender. 

2. Always ask someone who you believe has computer knowledge before you purchase anything, and compare specs.

3. If it's a pre-built desktop from HP or Dell for less than $200, it's got an intel atom or AMD E1 with 2GB of RAM and it's not worth your time.

4. It is cheaper to build your own, but there are pre-builts that provide good parts and flexible upgrading abilities. You just gotta find 'em.

5. The best defense against viruses is common sense. If you want to explore the darkest corners of the internet for no reason, you're stupid.

6. If you get a bluescreen, google the error code (0xwhateverthefuck) and find out the issue, and find someone knowledgable on the subject to help diagnose the cause of the bluescreen.

7. Windows 8/8.1 uses less memory than 7 and is more optimized for games. But if you love the start menu, stick with 7. 

8. If you want to use a start menu on windows 8.1, use ClassicShell and select it to not use the shellstart logo but the stock 8.1 logo in it's settings.(http://www.classicshell.net/

9. There are indeed instructions to just about anything, you just have to find them online in a PDF or janky ass flash player viewer.

10. When it comes to gaming, your GPU is the main factor. If your CPU has 4 cores and is over 3GHZ, and you have 4GB of RAM or more (I recommend 8GB), you are fine, and should invest in a graphics card that fits your needs instead of getting a hellabeast processor and cheap value RAM and a weak, pathetic GPU.

Eric S. Raymond used an E6600 from 2005 until 12/30/14 or open source software creation. Raw data computations in excess of 18GB each. Core 2 Duos still have tons of life left, my friend.

Make backups. PCs will just die for no reason, one day they'll just tell themselves oh I want to be a complete asshole and ruin my owners life. Im gonna stop booting now.

•  i7 4770k @4.5ghz 1.248v • Noctua NHD14  •  ASUS MAXIMUS VI Hero •  Asus STIRIX 980 Ti •

•  Corsair Vengeance Pro 16Gb  •  Samsung 840 250gb + Samsung 1TB 7200RPM •  BenQ XL2430T 144Hz  •

•  Fractal Design R4  •  CoolerMaster GX650 80+ •  Razer Deathadder Chroma  •  Filco Ninja 2 Red  •  HD600/HE-4/ Fiio E17  • 

-don't overspend on the cpu for a gaming build if it means you'll cheap out on the gpu

-NEVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER buy a prebuilt desktop. This includes apple, alienware etc. They are ALL bad for the price.

-Don't cheap out on the motherboard and psu if you can avoid it. Especially never get a psu that is not at least 80+ bronze.

-Don't skip the ssd if you can afford it.

-If you're not sure if you'll overclock or not get dat unlocked cpu, they are not much more expensive and if you'll ever want to overclock you might really regret not buying one.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

I would say: Don't cheap out on your case. :D

true dat. I hate my case now :/ I'll get a new one eventually. It just might take me some time to be bothered to do it xD

PROFILEYEAH

What do people even put in these things?

• 2 weeks later...

always build your own!

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

-NEVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER buy a prebuilt desktop. This includes apple, alienware etc. They are ALL bad for the price.

I've argued in favour of the Mac Pro with its dual W9000s at a massive discount enough times by now.

And some prebuilts put like a £50 markup in place of bloatware on top of the price for parts which isn't too terrible. If you have no idea where to start building, and given the amount of contradictory information and fanboy screaming, then this can be a good way into it.

And the final thing I have to say about this is: not everyone who wants a good gaming experience is into PC hardware. Lots are, and that's great, but some people just want their hobby to be gaming, and not the PC itself. In which case, there are prebuilts that suit this person.

HOWEVER it is NOT HP or Dell. Or Alienware, but that's for other reasons. I was looking at HPs for shits and giggles earlier. The best they had cost £1199 with an R9 270, a i7 4790 and a Z87 motherboard for some reason.

I saw another one with a Haswell i5 (I forget which) paired with a GT 705... I'm pretty sure the integrated GPU on that i5 outperforms the 705 but WHO CARES THEY GET TO MARKET IT AS HAVING "POWERFUL" NVIDIA GRAPHICS.

Let them know that being wrong is something you should be shot for in the eyes of elitists.