White Heaven ~ Enderman's S340 mod/build log ~

Enderman

Usually having more FPI requires more fan RPM to get enough air through, so it's possible it'd cool worse with the low RPM fans. (Most likely it would)  Also the nemesis has some fancy "tech" that increases flow resistance to keep the water inside the radiator longer, cooling it better. 

Hey so I found two nemesis radiators on performance PCS which already have primer, so I wouldn't have to paint them white myself

post-4438-0-71260400-1437079837.jpg

Do you think the thicker GTX would look bad?

with the thicker one I would have to remove the S340 bracket (leaving an empty space where you can see the back panel)

or cut the bracket in half+repaint it

because its only 56mm thick so it would not fill up the entire gap like the alphacool monsta would

I dont know if I should try to fit the thicker one or just stick with the thin 30mm GTS...

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Hey so I found two nemesis radiators on performance PCS which already have primer, so I wouldn't have to paint them white myself

attachicon.gifimages.jpg

with the thicker one I would have to remove the S340 bracket (leaving an empty space where you can see the back panel)

because its only 56mm thick so it would not fill up the entire gap like the alphacool monsta would

I dont know if I should try to fit the thicker one or just stick with the thin 30mm GTS...

You could do push/pull on the thick one if you wanted to fill that whole space I guess right? Although you'd have to use spacers because I don't think you can use E loops in pull right? Don't they rub the fan frame thing on stuff?

The painted ones look really nice imo, especially since the finish on the rad is really nice to begin with.

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

You could do push/pull on the thick one if you wanted to fill that whole space I guess right? Although you'd have to use spacers because I don't think you can use E loops in pull right? Don't they rub the fan frame thing on stuff?

The painted ones look really nice imo, especially since the finish on the rad is really nice to begin with.

I cant do push pull because the eloop fans are only 120mm, they dont come in 140mm variants.

The fans I'm going to use are NF-P12 PWM redux fans, and they are gray so I dont want to see them

Thy will be between the radiator and case, out of sight

(I currently have the NB-Eloops on my case as intake, but they dont rub the fan filter which is right in front of them - I think the issue is when the fans are upside down, not really vertical)

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

attachicon.gifimages.jpg

you godsend!

• 2 months later...

No Further Updates ?

I haven't painted the motherboard yet... :( just started university, lots of work

Also EK is on a streak releasing all kinds of new radiators, and I'm hoping they will release a thin 280mm rad

They currently have thick, mid, and thin 120mm size rads and only the mid size of 140mm rads

If they release a thin 280mm I will buy that, otherwise I will go for a black ice rad

Spoiler

I haven't painted the motherboard yet... :( just started university, lots of work

Also EK is on a streak releasing all kinds of new radiators, and I'm hoping they will release a thin 280mm rad

They currently have thick, mid, and thin 120mm size rads and only the mid size of 140mm rads

If they release a thin 280mm I will buy that, otherwise I will go for a black ice rad

ohh okay then i thought this thing is dead i mean look at that 17 July

Key Switches Guide | LLT Beginner Guide | GPU TDP & Power Consumption Explained | PSU Tier

s a d b o y s 2 0 0 1

ohh okay then i thought this thing is dead i mean look at that 17 July

well yeah I went on vacation, then started school :P

100% not dead, just waiting for EK to release their stuff

Spoiler

Why not Alphacool? 

I think Lays or someone else on the forum showed me these rad benchmarks

http://thermalbench.com/2015/01/05/hardwarelabs-nemesis-480gts/5/

The black ice rads perform a lot better with ultra-low speed fans, probably because they use extremely thin fins for more surface area and less air restriction

I thought the giant alphacool monsta would have worked well, but it might be just a little too bulky, and If I can avoid cutting the cable management bracket I would be happier

Spoiler

• 3 weeks later...

Just saw this. DAMN nice.

Laptop: Thinkpad W520 i7 2720QM 24GB RAM 1920x1080 2x SSDs Main Rig: 4790k 12GB Hyperx Beast Zotac 980ti AMP! Fractal Define S (window) RM850 Noctua NH-D15 EVGA Z97 FTW with 3 1080P 144hz monitors from Asus Secondary: i5 6600K, R9 390 STRIX, 16GB DDR4, Acer Predator 144Hz 1440P

As Centos 7 SU once said: With great power comes great responsibility.

• 2 weeks later...

This may seem as a noobie question, but how did you connect the bitfenix leds to the on/off switch?

My PC is on in my room 24/7 and those bright LEDs would be really annoying to have on all night

Spoiler

My PC is on in my room 24/7 and those bright LEDs would be really annoying to have on all night

Yeah, totally makes. I asked HOW because I'd like to add a power switch to my leds once I get them. :)

Yeah, totally makes. I asked HOW because I'd like to add a power switch to my leds once I get them. :)

Opps sorry didnt see the how :P

I took the power cable from the LED (the one that goes from 4 pins to molex) cut that in half, added on a little extension, and then just wired the switch in between

you need to use a switch thats not temporary push button, it needs to have two positions for on and off so that when you click it, it stays on or off

the one im using isnt great, kinda hard to press, but its hidden on the back and you cant really see the hole I drilled :)

Spoiler

Opps sorry didnt see the how :P

I took the power cable from the LED (the one that goes from 4 pins to molex) cut that in half, added on a little extension, and then just wired the switch in between

you need to use a switch thats not temporary push button, it needs to have two positions for on and off so that when you click it, it stays on or off

the one im using isnt great, kinda hard to press, but its hidden on the back and you cant really see the hole I drilled :)

Thanks for the quick replies! Would you know if this switch would work?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00004WLK5?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=ox_sc_sfl_title_4&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER

Thanks for the quick replies! Would you know if this switch would work?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00004WLK5?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=ox_sc_sfl_title_4&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER

yup

but its best if you have one that has 4 pins on the back

so that it connects/disconnects both leads at a time instead of just one

Spoiler

yup

but its best if you have one that has 4 pins on the back

so that it connects/disconnects both leads at a time instead of just one

Alright, thanks for the help man. Definitely helped me out! Also, really like your build. Especially the case ;)

Alright, thanks for the help man. Definitely helped me out! Also, really like your build. Especially the case ;)

You're welcome :) and thanks

Spoiler

• 2 weeks later...

Hi from Czech republic:-)

Awesom case, i will have the same:-) Here is what you need to do next

nice white aio rad.

Hello sir!

I saw this earlier post from you: "The pump is louder than I thought, louder than my H100i was. It is about as loud as a 25db fan (and it says 25db on the Kelvin website) which is fine for most people, but bothersome in my ultra-quiet PC. Not sure If I will keep it or try to mod my H100i into the loop...

The radiator I used is the stock 240mm (30mm thick) one that comes with the S24. I currently can't afford the $150 for the Alphacool Nexxxos Monsta 280mm (86mm thick) radiator, but that will be a future upgrade.  :)"

And I just wanted to tell you that I had the exact same issue with my Fractal Kelvin 240. Although, Fractal actually include a "low noise adapter" in the package. It's a low noise 3 pin cabel that you connect to the pump and to the motherboard wich drasticlly changes the sound of the pump. It changes from 12v to 9v. Hope that helps :)

Hello sir!

I saw this earlier post from you: "The pump is louder than I thought, louder than my H100i was. It is about as loud as a 25db fan (and it says 25db on the Kelvin website) which is fine for most people, but bothersome in my ultra-quiet PC. Not sure If I will keep it or try to mod my H100i into the loop...

The radiator I used is the stock 240mm (30mm thick) one that comes with the S24. I currently can't afford the $150 for the Alphacool Nexxxos Monsta 280mm (86mm thick) radiator, but that will be a future upgrade.  :)"

And I just wanted to tell you that I had the exact same issue with my Fractal Kelvin 240. Although, Fractal actually include a "low noise adapter" in the package. It's a low noise 3 pin cabel that you connect to the pump and to the motherboard wich drasticlly changes the sound of the pump. It changes from 12v to 9v. Hope that helps :)

You must have gotten the newer Revision 2 Kelvin, I head they did some improvements on that

My pump cant control the speed, it runs at 100% until the voltage is too low then it just stops :(

I will have to find a way to add a D5 to the loop in the future

Spoiler

You must have gotten the newer Revision 2 Kelvin, I head they did some improvements on that

My pump cant control the speed, it runs at 100% until the voltage is too low then it just stops :(

I will have to find a way to add a D5 to the loop in the future

D5 and Reservoir combo unit mounted on the bracket that already exist inside the s340

D5 and Reservoir combo unit mounted on the bracket that already exist inside the s340

I dont really want a res though, it would be transparent and clear fluid in a transparent res doeesnt fit the black and white colour scheme

I dont want to deal with coloured pastel white fluid either...

Maybe if I wrapped the res in some carbon fibre?

Also its only a 65mm space, idk what res I can fit there?

Spoiler

I dont really want a res though, it would be transparent and clear fluid in a transparent res doeesnt fit the black and white colour scheme

I dont want to deal with coloured pastel white fluid either...

Maybe if I wrapped the res in some carbon fibre?

Also its only a 65mm space, idk what res I can fit there?

http://www.performance-pcs.com/ek-xres-100-revo-d5-pwm-incl-pump.html

http://www.performance-pcs.com/new-ek-res-x3-holder-60mm-2pcs.html

The holder would allow you to add another point of support. 

But if you honestly don't want a res, get a regular D5, get a Bitspower pump top, drill some holes into the bracket and mount it with the included rubber pad. 

OR get a fan mount and mount it directly to the radiator: http://www.performance-pcs.com/pump-accessories/alphacool-pump-mount-universal-for-120-140mm-fans-radiators.html

http://www.performance-pcs.com/bitspower-d5-mod-top-black-s-model.html

http://www.performance-pcs.com/bitspower-premium-d5-pump-mounting-bracket-matte-black.html

or EK

http://www.performance-pcs.com/ek-xtop-revo-d5-pwm-acetal-incl-pump.html