White Heaven ~ Enderman's S340 mod/build log ~

Enderman

white palstidip ;)

Good to know ;) also thats poopie to read about your RMA ordeal if i was going to be running intel i would have offered to buy the CPU but trying team red this time around (first team red build)

I get the feeling your K95 has MX reds

Also, props that you already updated your signature. I never remember that

yup :)

I need to get some o-rings though, even though they are reds they make too much noise when bottoming out

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

yup :)

I need to get some o-rings though, even though they are reds they make too much noise when bottoming out

Homedepot/Homehardware ;) and the click of a mechanical is the best part!!!! i miss my IBM keytronic from the early 90's :(

Sad to hear about your issues with the system. Good news is is that the system looks sick with that Mark S in it. I've got the same board in the build I'm putting together as well. Project Storm Shadow.

I also like the vinyl wrap on the SSD.

Sad to hear about your issues with the system. Good news is is that the system looks sick with that Mark S in it. I've got the same board in the build I'm putting together as well. Project Storm Shadow.

I also like the vinyl wrap on the SSD.

Thank you :)

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Just stumbled across this build log..my favorite PC build yet!! Read every single post!!

oh shit i just noticed the air hose ;D thats deece hah is it pumping AC'd air in to the case?

Its actually my air purifier which I use to remove dust from my room.

With the air duct I can feed HEPA purified clean air to my build so almost 0 dust gets inside :)

An air conditioner would cause condensation which is not good for PCs

Spoiler

Its actually my air purifier which I use to remove dust from my room.

With the air duct I can feed HEPA purified clean air to my build so almost 0 dust gets inside :)

An air conditioner would cause condensation which is not good for PCs

depends how you have it set up, if you shove some low density foam in the end of that hose it would wick any moisture away while allowing air through ;)

depends how you have it set up, if you shove some low density foam in the end of that hose it would wick any moisture away while allowing air through ;)

The problem is not humidity coming out of the air conditioner...

Air conditioners actually REMOVE humidity from the air, which is why they have a water tube coming out

The issues is that lower temperatures inside the case than outside would cause water to condensate on the PC

So stuff would get wet :(

Spoiler

The problem is not humidity coming out of the air conditioner...

Air conditioners actually REMOVE humidity from the air, which is why they have a water tube coming out

The issues is that lower temperatures inside the case than outside would cause water to condensate on the PC

So stuff would get wet :(

true i guess

didnt think of it that way

I can't believe no one asked you, but, what sewing/lacing/stitching technique did you use?!?! it looks SO amazing!

Btw I have a white build as well, s340 as well, watercooled cpu and gpu, AND z97 gryphon. like minds haha.

I can't believe no one asked you, but, what sewing/lacing/stitching technique did you use?!?! it looks SO amazing!

Btw I have a white build as well, s340 as well, watercooled cpu and gpu, AND z97 gryphon. like minds haha.

with some regular white sewing thread :)

Spoiler

same white s340, msi 970 gaming, fx-8320, 8+16GB Fury Hyperx, (the rest is being ordered..still ugh)

Before/After aesthetic upgrades (wrapped cables, new fans, UV cold cathodes)

Blue is actually UV like a blacklight.

(New to forum 1st post)

post-245481-0-68436200-1437070751_thumb.

--

ForeverXero

Gamer | Designer | Technofile

Before/After aesthetic upgrades (wrapped cables, new fans, UV cold cathodes)

Blue is actually UV like a blacklight.

(New to forum 1st post)

I chose to go with white instead of UV because I almost always have the lights on in my room, I rarely game in the dark, so the UV effect wouldn't look as good

Are you using UV reactive white cables? or just plain white?

Spoiler

Since you like silence, I wouldn't recommend a monsta rad at all, they perform absolutely terrible vs other rads until you have very high RPM fans on them.

Get a Nemesis GTX or GTS radiator from hardwarelabs, both outperform the monsta by quite a big amount at low fan RPM's, and even higher RPM's.

http://thermalbench.com/2015/01/05/hardwarelabs-nemesis-480gts/5/

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

Since you like silence, I wouldn't recommend a monsta rad at all, they perform absolutely terrible vs other rads until you have very high RPM fans on them.

Get a Nemesis GTX or GTS radiator from hardwarelabs, both outperform the monsta by quite a big amount at low fan RPM's, and even higher RPM's.

http://thermalbench.com/2015/01/05/hardwarelabs-nemesis-480gts/5/

Where did you see performance numbers? I have had a hard time finding comparison temps vs other rads...

I thought it would perform well while being quiet because instead of having a really high fpi, they have a low fpi (8) and large thickness

Theoretically it would be easier for a fan to push though a long tube than a short tube with lots of obstructions...

I have seen the really fancy new EK LC rads and I would totally get one of those (the thickest one) if they HAD 280MM ONES :C

they only have them for 120mm fans

Spoiler

Where did you see performance numbers? I have had a hard time finding comparison temps vs other rads...

I thought it would perform well while being quiet because instead of having a really high fpi, they have a low fpi (8) and large thickness

Theoretically it would be easier for a fan to push though a long tube than a short tube with lots of obstructions...

I have seen the really fancy new EK LC rads and I would totally get one of those (the thickest one) if they HAD 280MM ONES :C

they only have them for 120mm fans

The link I posted has results 

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

The link I posted has results 

Ok thanks! That's really helpful, I will definitely get a different radiator then.

Do you know what the best "thin" (30mm) 280mm radiator would be? Also a Black Ice rad?

I'm still choosing between going thick or thin

Spoiler

Ok thanks! That's really helpful, I will definitely get a different radiator then.

Do you know what the best "thin" (30mm) 280mm radiator would be? Also a Black Ice rad?

I'm still choosing between going thick or thin

Nemesis gts would be the best thin one im pretty sure. The benchmarks of that are in the charts too I believe that I linked.

The gtx is a bit more expensive, but if you ever need that little bit extra performance from turning your fans up, then atleast you know it's there.

Nemesis gts would be the best thin one im pretty sure. The benchmarks of that are in the charts too I believe that I linked.

The gtx is a bit more expensive, but if you ever need that little bit extra performance from turning your fans up, then atleast you know it's there.

I looked at the hardware labs website and the nemesis 280GTS seems to be worse than the stealth 280?

the stealth is not in the benchmark you posted, but the website shows it also has 25nm fins, but 30fpi instead of 16fpi for the nemesis

This would be a pretty significant performance improvement, no? Or would 30fpi be a lot louder than 16

Spoiler

I looked at the hardware labs website and the nemesis 280GTS seems to be worse than the stealth 280?

the stealth is not in the benchmark you posted, but the website shows it also has 25nm fins, but 30fpi instead of 16fpi for the nemesis

This would be a pretty significant performance improvement, no? Or would 30fpi be a lot louder than 16

Usually having more FPI requires more fan RPM to get enough air through, so it's possible it'd cool worse with the low RPM fans. (Most likely it would)  Also the nemesis has some fancy "tech" that increases flow resistance to keep the water inside the radiator longer, cooling it better.