Mineral Oil PC Kit Giveaway

Man I'd love winning that, and I can't believe how sad that is companies forceing other ones to discontinue great products like this one. :(

I would love to have one of these. Sorry to Puget that they got burned by moronic patent trolls. 

So pumped to try a mineral oil build!!! Huge disservice to troll patents like this, for such a specific subset of use as this.

I was looking into buying from Puget a few months ago and planned on picking up a kit when I saved enough money. Alas, I will not be able to do this anymore. I would like an mATX variant if I won but I could use a micro itx as well. I have 2 mATX boards laying around and 1 mitx. I've been wanting to build a mineral oil pc since I first heard of them and this would be an excellent opportunity. Its a real shame to see these guys go. These kits look phenomenal.

Wishing leads to ambition and ambition leads to motivation and motivation leads to me building an illegal rocket ship in my backyard.

i was looking forward to buying one of these kits.

+1 entry to contest

I have built a mineral oil cooled PC, took an older dell ripped it all apart, had it in a 30 dollar walmart fish tank :P . When we were getting mineral oil instead of ordering it online, we found out that certain baby oils are 100% pure mineral oil. So we went to the dollar store and bought about 60 bottles of baby oil for 50 cents a piece, the look on their faces when two guys walk up with 60 bottles of baby oil lol. Anyway this would be cool to build again with newer parts and a proper case for it xD 

I hope that Puget can find a work around for this, their mineral oil kit has gotten me messing around with my old fish tank trying to fit my pc components in it!

That sucks was going to be a great project... but no of course there is always that one company that screws it up.

"This is a bad idea"

Count me in, always wanted to do a oil cooled PC. Looks like this would be my last chance. Would be looking for the mATX version 

Pretty interested in a mini ITX case, basically need oil for the build.

Man it sucks that there's assholes who just ruin it for everyone else!

I don't mind either sizes but i think first choice would be mini itx!

It's a same that patent trolls exists. I hope the best for you all. I prefer the micro atx case

Geez... That's some pathetic business practice from LiquidCool... The mineral oil kits were gorgeous and its sad to see them go. 

I've wanted to build in one of Pudget's kits for a while but couldn't justify the money for it. Now maybe I don't have to!

I have always wanted to build a mineral oil PC.

So, I am currently in construction of building my brand new desk (a huge 20ft long butcher block L desk) for all of my computers, and I have specifically set aside a section to house a mineral oil rig.

I would love to have one of these kits. To be honest, I had no idea that these kits existed until I saw Linus' video. I was just going to build one from scratch.

So, Here is my comment entering into the contest. And about the mineral oil purchase... I would purchase that so fast and get you that invoice so quick you would be stunned!

This is great and all but I feel really bad for Puget. They are a great company and although I have never bought anything from them before, I know people who have and nothing but good things have been said about them. I hope that they are able to recover the lost income quickly and be able to move on. Patent trolling is one the most annoying things that can happen to a company, and it really shows how awesome the company is by giving back to their community. Good on ya. I will definitely be buying something from Puget in the future.

Thanks!

So sad to hear that Puget's mineral oil kits are going away :( I was really intrigued by your video and even began to look into buying a kit :( Sorry about the trolls Puget

M-ATX

I don't really want an entry in this, since I don't really have the time, money, or parts to put into a mineral oil build.

But damn. Patents and the trolls that can be associated with them are stupid.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

Hello I'm very interested on swapping my system to a submerge mineral oil. I am a enthusiast builder and a water cool fanatic. Thank you guys :)

post-32979-0-96723400-1418396105_thumb.j

post-32979-0-20627200-1418396110_thumb.j

post-32979-0-88662500-1418396559.jpg

patent trolls are the worse, they are like 2 year olds saying "ITS MINE!!!!!"

I don't want to win,just checking my chances if i get selected (if i do tell me,i am checking my luck) 

That company don't deserve this....

Current system - ThinkPad Yoga 460

ExSystems

Spoiler

Laptop - ASUS FX503VD

|| Case: NZXT H440 ❤️|| MB: Gigabyte GA-Z170XP-SLI || CPU: Skylake Chip || Graphics card : GTX 970 Strix || RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB || Storage:1TB WD+500GB WD + 120Gb HyperX savage|| Monitor: Dell U2412M+LG 24MP55HQ+Philips TV ||  PSU CX600M || 

I would be fine with either though I guess itx would be better for me.

Good luck pugit, sorry to hear about dem trolls

I don't really want an entry in this, since I don't really have the time, money, or parts to put into a mineral oil build.

But damn. Patents and the trolls that can be associated with them are stupid.

Them patent trolls are meanies 

Current system - ThinkPad Yoga 460

ExSystems

Spoiler

Laptop - ASUS FX503VD

|| Case: NZXT H440 ❤️|| MB: Gigabyte GA-Z170XP-SLI || CPU: Skylake Chip || Graphics card : GTX 970 Strix || RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB || Storage:1TB WD+500GB WD + 120Gb HyperX savage|| Monitor: Dell U2412M+LG 24MP55HQ+Philips TV ||  PSU CX600M || 

I have all the parts for the pc, including the fishtank, but I would definitely use the case if I was to win.

It Would be awesome to be able to build one of these machines. Either one of the cases would be awesome. I'm sorry to hear about Puget.