Fractal Design Kelvin liquid AIO coolers released along with prices

EcoBoost

http://www.guru3d.com/news-story/fractal-design-releases-kelvin-t12-s24-and-s36-lcs.html

Looks like Fractal has officially released their Kelvin water coolers that they were showing off a whole back. Seems really nice to me, but I don't generally consider spending that much on a CPU cooler worthwhile, so count me out for now. However that's not to be said it looks like a very good option for people who want a water cooler from Fractal. 

Haven't ever seen Fractal CPU coolers before though, so although we know Fractal fans, it'll be interesting how they'll hold out on the other components of the cooler.

The Kelvin water cooling is an open loop DIY system, a perfect option for those users looking for powerful water cooling with the benefits of a DIY system provides and the conveniences AIO systems deliver. Kelvin allows you to expand and improve the cooling for your system like the professionals. 

Simple to install, silent operation, powerful performance and easy expandability define the Kelvin Series. The silent high-performance ceramic pump is strong enough to support considerable expansion, should you decide to include GPU blocks and/or additional radiators in the same loop.

The Kelvin Series water cooling systems are constructed from enthusiast class components. Both the CPU block and the radiator are made from pure copper, for maximum performance and an increased product life span with zero maintenance required. All modern CPU sockets are supported by the versatile, easy-to-use mounting kit.

fractal_design_kelvin_s36.jpg

Key features

• Fantastic cooling performance
  • The strong pump and the full-copper construction places the Kelvin Series Water Cooling system ahead of the pack in cooling performance.
  • Expandable system. Just open it up to get the full benefits of custom water cooling, with the ability to add any components you want to the loop, such as a graphics card cooler.High pressure pump allows strong water flow rates even when an additional CPU or GPU water block or an additional radiator has been added to the loop.
  • All parts have fully standard G 1/4" thread fittings for compatibility with the vast majority of enthusiast water cooling products.
  • The tubes are fastened with two-part brass fittings, providing a secure seal while being easy to open and re-seal with a standard wrench.
  • Easy refilling with dedicated fill port
  • Made with enthusiast-grade components developed in cooperation with Alphacool: Highly reliable ceramic bearing pump, with custom tuned maximum RPM for the optimal balance between performance and noise level
  • Full copper radiator
  • Full copper CPU Water block design featuring strategic jet plate improvements
  • Long lifetime. The performance of most pre-filled water cooling systems degrade quite significantly over time,  because of galvanic corrosion and water loss.
  • Galvanic corrosion occurs over time when two metals with different galvanic potential (such as aluminum and copper) are in contact. It can be slowed with anti-corrosion additives in the water, but the best way to maintain performance over time is to use metals with similar galvanic potential. The Kelvin Series water cooling system is constructed with pure copper in both the radiator and the water block, along with brass fittings.
  • To avoid the common issue of most pre-filled water cooling units (that tend to lose performance over time due to water loss in the tubes), Fractal Design equipped the Kelvin series with a fill dedicated port.
Fractal Design has created a water cooling micro site to work as a tool to illustrate the key benefits and functions that make up the Kelvin units, provide general liquid cooling guidelines, tips and how-to videos to offer a resource to those looking for general or extra education. Fractal Design’s goal and dedication to our end users is to bring great products along with knowledge that helps to build a great system.

MSRP:                Kelvin T12          Kelvin S24          Kelvin S36   

USD         99.99                       119.99                      139.99
GBP         74.99                       89.99                        104.99
EUR         94.95                       114.95                     135.95 
SEK          899                           1099                          1269

Desktop: Intel Core i5 2380P (2400 w/o iGPU), MSI H61, 8GB RAM, 256GB SP610, 500GB WD Blue, HIS R9 280, Antec TruePower Classic 550W, Inwin MANA 134, QNIX QX2710, CM QuickFire Rapid, Logitech G402

Laptop: Toshiba Satellite L40D, AMD A6-6310, 6GB RAM, 500GB HDD, Radeon R4 Graphics, 14" 1366x768

Phone: iPhone 6 Space Gray 64GB, T-Mobile $60/mo 3GB plan

I thought they weren't being released in North America, so what's the point behind pricing in USD?

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

Linus needs to get his hands on this, and test it.

"Hidden optical drive, crouching PC-builder."

I thought they weren't being released in North America, so what's the point behind pricing in USD?

I am also interested to know this, as I thought the same thing. Shoot if they were in USA I might get the overkill 360 one. It's really cool it's expandable too.

Current PC build: [CPU: Intel i7 8700k] [GPU: GTX 1070 Asus ROG Strix] [Ram: Corsair LPX 32GB 3000MHz] [Mobo: Asus Prime Z370-A] [SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 500GB primary + Samsung 860 Evo 1TB secondary] [PSU: EVGA SuperNova G2 750w 80plus] [Monitors: Dual Dell Ultrasharp U2718Qs, 4k IPS] [Case: Fractal Design R5]

I am also interested to know this, as I thought the same thing. Shoot if they were in USA I might get the overkill 360 one. It's really cool it's expandable too.

Well NCIX seems to be advertising it

https://www.facebook.com/NCIXPC/photos/a.470480179642193.108252.142541135769434/838883982801809/?type=1&theater

Desktop: Intel Core i5 2380P (2400 w/o iGPU), MSI H61, 8GB RAM, 256GB SP610, 500GB WD Blue, HIS R9 280, Antec TruePower Classic 550W, Inwin MANA 134, QNIX QX2710, CM QuickFire Rapid, Logitech G402

Laptop: Toshiba Satellite L40D, AMD A6-6310, 6GB RAM, 500GB HDD, Radeon R4 Graphics, 14" 1366x768

@EcoBoost  Not sure if you done editing but a little personal input would always be nice.

Anyhow, this does look really cool (GOD DAMNIT, I PUNNED) and expensive. It would be very nice for Fractal Design to get into liquid cooling and make some fittings and the like, Their style is nice. I just personally don't like it on their cases.

EDIT: Oooooo expandable. I might just buy this... Hrmmm...

@EcoBoost  Not sure if you done editing but a little personal input would always be nice.

Just finished it up. Some formatting flops were in there too but it seems final enough now.

Hoorah another AIO...yawn...

60FPS Microwave

Intel Core i5-4670K | Galax GTX 970 EXOC | ASRock Z97E-ITX/ac | Team Elite 8GB 1600MHz | Gelid Black Edition | Samsung slowdown + WD Blue 1TB x2 | Cooler Master V550 | Corsair K65 + Logitech G100s | MasterCase Pro 3

Those are actually very good prices, all their components are from Alphacool, except for the fans (those are from Fractal).

Looks good at least! Nice and clean but I don't like those anti-kink spring things on the tubing.

waffle waffle waffle on and on and on

I think it was hardware heaven that did a review and the Fractal 360mm is 2c less than the Nepton 280L on a 4790k at 4.8ghz(1.45v) so that's pretty nice.  For likely only $10 more.

CPUs don't need this level of cooling, GPUs do. A <50 dollar air cooler is more than enough for majority of users with moderate overclocks.

CPUs don't need this level of cooling, GPUs do. A <50 dollar air cooler is more than enough for majority of users with moderate overclocks.

I'd rather my cpu maintain a comfortable 60 degrees under gaming load with my 240mm AIO.

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

CPUs don't need this level of cooling

Hardware enthusiasts don't restrict themselves to things which they need... they buy things which they want.

Uh... K den.

Could you explain why the R9 295x2 runs cool and quiet while having 2 freakin Hawaii GPUs on one 120mm rad?

Yeah, for the majority of users with moderate overclocks, but what happens when you want to have more than a moderate overclock?

waffle waffle waffle on and on and on

Ow I've been wanting a new expandable AIO to replace my X61 and the 360mm version of this may have just pushed the Swiftech H-240 X off of my wishlist.

| CPU: i7-4770K @4.6 GHz, | CPU cooler: NZXT Kraken x61 + 2x Noctua NF-A14 Industrial PPC PWM 2000RPM  | Motherboard: MSI Z87-GD65 Gaming | RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB(2x8GB) 2133MHz, 11-11-11-27(Red) | GPU: 2x MSI R9 290 Gaming Edition  | SSD: Samsung 840 Evo 250gb | HDD: Seagate ST1000DX001 SSHD 1TB + 4x Seagate ST4000DX001 SSHD 4TB | PSU: Corsair RM1000 | Case: NZXT Phantom 530 Black | Fans: 1x NZXT FZ 200mm Red LED 3x Aerocool Dead Silence 140mm Red Edition 2x Aerocool Dead Silence 120mm Red Edition  | LED lighting: NZXT Hue RGB |

I'd rather my cpu maintain a comfortable 60 degrees under gaming load with my 240mm AIO.

Many air coolers can do this. Nh-d15, dark rock pro 3 and just about any dual tower cooler can.

Many air coolers can do this. Nh-d15, dark rock pro 3 and just about any dual tower cooler can.

Not in the Australian summer they can't, even my NZXT Kraken X61 can't keep my CPU bellow 70c in 40+c ambient.

| CPU: i7-4770K @4.6 GHz, | CPU cooler: NZXT Kraken x61 + 2x Noctua NF-A14 Industrial PPC PWM 2000RPM  | Motherboard: MSI Z87-GD65 Gaming | RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB(2x8GB) 2133MHz, 11-11-11-27(Red) | GPU: 2x MSI R9 290 Gaming Edition  | SSD: Samsung 840 Evo 250gb | HDD: Seagate ST1000DX001 SSHD 1TB + 4x Seagate ST4000DX001 SSHD 4TB | PSU: Corsair RM1000 | Case: NZXT Phantom 530 Black | Fans: 1x NZXT FZ 200mm Red LED 3x Aerocool Dead Silence 140mm Red Edition 2x Aerocool Dead Silence 120mm Red Edition  | LED lighting: NZXT Hue RGB |

how exactly would you purge it of air bubbles if you decide to expand it?  

HP something | 5600X | Corsair  16GB | Zotac ArcticStorm GTX 1080 Ti | Samsung 840 Pro 256GB | OCZ Agility 3 480GB | ADATA SP550 960 GB

Corsair AX860i | CaseLabs SM8 | EK Supremacy | UT60 420 | ST30 360 | ST30 240

Gentle Typhoon's and Noctua's and Noiseblocker eLoop's

Yea, and those still cost a hundred bucks

Specs: 4790k | Asus Z-97 Pro Wifi | MX100 512GB SSD | NZXT H440 Plastidipped Black | Dark Rock 3 CPU Cooler | MSI 290x Lightning | EVGA 850 G2 | 3x Noctua Industrial NF-F12's

Bought a powermac G5, expect a mod log sometime in 2015

Corsair is overrated, and Anime is ruined by the people who watch it

Not buying unless it cools down to 0 Kelvin

And I'm not buying unless it can cool down to -1 Kelvin!

i7 4790k @4.7 | GTX 1070 Strix | Z97 Sabertooth | 32GB  DDR3 2400 mhz | Intel 750 SSD | Define R5 | Corsair K70 | Steel Series Rival | XB271, 1440p, IPS, 165hz | 5.1 Surround
PC Build

Desk Build