@LinusTech so you made a sweet WC setup in a house your planing to move out of...am i missing something mate?

I'm pretty sure this was done before they decided to move. It's the post production that took all the time. Apparently its been a huge project getting the video ready for publishing..

Anyways:

:39dc8d25.gif

Why titan not 980 or 970 sli ??!!?!?

Only 2 issues with this build, first, the copper tubing.  With those long runs, not only will you lose quite a bit of heat in between the PC's and the radiators, but you will also absorb heat into the cooled water in the supply pipe.  Now the easy fix is to simply insulate those tubes, which I hope they did.  Second, being in Canada, those radiators can cause your water to freeze quite easily, causing not only the PC's to overheat from lack of circulation, but cracking joints and conduit.  The only way I know to fix this is to introduce an antifreeze into the water, but with the temps you guys get up there, the amount of antifreeze needed will cause a drop in your heat transfer rate to the liquid. Now, I haven't done the math, but hopefully there will be enough heat transfer to still do the job.  Can't wait to see how everything was overcome.  Great video!

Like I said earlier, that heat dissipation through the pipes wont be much of a problem. The pipes absorbing heat?? What? lol 

Barely if any, maybe on the return if it's really cold out. It's not like the room temperature would be bad anyway. 

Your freezing point is valid though I think. I was wondering if they had any temperature detection and/or a heat coil installed. If the water is too cold, even if it doesn't freeze, we don't want condensation on the systems. 

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

Doesn't putting rad's on top of the PC's kind of defeat the purpose of the entire project? Those will allow heat to dissipate inside the room instead of outside. More so than the metal pipes some are talking about.

They are there at the ready with quick disconnects in case the system needs moved on something goes wrong with the room watercooling. 

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

Fantastic video guys, my only gripe was for such an interesting subject it was only 10mins long, it was over way too quick   (that's what she said)

Things people need to remember though is that (a) while now rendering is much better thanks to the new machines, it is the editing (the splicing and designing of the content into an entertaining and interesting format) that takes time and ( and the system works, they did this in August/Sept and it's still going. In fact they have mentioned several times that the psu powering the fans on the outside rads failed early on and the systems have been running cool enough even without the fans.  So even with several machines all running and with all the long copper runs, the cooling system is working passively, which is really "cool"

The other thing is the systems have been designed to work independently of each other if they need to, but even when they move then the only thing they really need to do is set up the copper pipping again, which would be easily enough done because of Lukes father who is a plumber.

The next part can't get here quick enough, I await with much anticip................................ation!   :P

Please make the next segment of the video longer, It's only the minority that love very short videos for some reason.

We need like 30 minutes of goodness not these tiny bite sized things :)

Battle.Net - Dicehunter#2746

Origin - Dicehunter

Steam - Dicehunter

Uplay - Dicehunter

Why titan not 980 or 970 sli ??!!?!?

The 980 hadn't been released at the time of planning this, so Linus got a master carton of Titan Blacks instead.

The 6GB VRAM of a Titan will be more of benefit than the slightly increased CUDA performance of a 980 as well

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X - CPU Cooler: Deepcool Castle 240EX - Motherboard: MSI B450 GAMING PRO CARBON AC

RAM: 2 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RBG 3200MHz - GPU: MSI RTX 3080 GAMING X TRIO

Like I said earlier, that heat dissipation through the pipes wont be much of a problem. The pipes absorbing heat?? What? lol 

Barely if any, maybe on the return if it's really cold out. It's not like the room temperature would be bad anyway. 

Your freezing point is valid though I think. I was wondering if they had any temperature detection and/or a heat coil installed. If the water is too cold, even if it doesn't freeze, we don't want condensation on the systems. 

If water is moving quickly enough, it can't freeze.

Seeing as these are all on the same loop, they've got some crazy PSI going through it, so the water will be moving quickly

Consider rivers. While lake bodies tend to freeze up, rivers can stay running to extremely low temperatures.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X - CPU Cooler: Deepcool Castle 240EX - Motherboard: MSI B450 GAMING PRO CARBON AC

RAM: 2 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RBG 3200MHz - GPU: MSI RTX 3080 GAMING X TRIO

Was there a video going over what hardware was going to be used in the systems?

They talked a little about it in the 12-core Xeon video

I now understand why this took so long. Great video, guys. Truly outstanding.
Also, Luke didn't wear proper PPE at 5:46

Gaming PCs:
Intel i7 4790k, EVGA GTX 980ti, NZXT H440
Intel i5 7600k, Asus GTX 970 DC Mini, Silverstone SG13B
HTPC: AMD Phenom II X6 1045t, EVGA GTX 770 FTW, Fractal Node 604

Hey.

http://stefansundin.com/stuff/youtube/youtube-copy-annotations.html

This might help you out.

As long as you put your outro's with identically framing, you can just copy paste annotations from one video to another. 

Annotations are just an XML file in which you can then edit and push it to all your videos.

Nice! Thanks for the tip. That will definitely be helpful.

-snip-

If you want to make the room cooler by taking the heat AWAY from the house, why would you guys use metal tubes INSIDE the room?

I assume you want to carry the heat away from the house by placing the radiators outside but you are not containing the heat by using metal tubing which dissipates heat even before it reaches the radiators.

You want a heat shielded tubing so all the heat is contained and not dissipated before it reaches its destination (radiators) to make the room cooler in any meaningful way.

I saw a quick shot of the room in the fundraiser video for the new office (LOL, by the way), and it looks like they surrounded the pipes with a larger tube, possibly an insulated one. Don't count your chickens too early.

F#$k timezone programming. Use UTC! (See XKCD #1883)

PC Specs:

Ryzen 5900x, MSI 3070Ti, 2 x 1 TiB SSDs, 32 GB 3400 DDR4, Cooler Master NR200P

I'm confused... are they forced to ship back the awesome cases, corsair, noctua cpu coolers they review? Im kinda shocked at the cooler for edzel's pc

Seeing as these are all on the same loop, they've got some crazy PSI going through it, so the water will be moving quickly

Consider rivers. While lake bodies tend to freeze up, rivers can stay running to extremely low temperatures.

I'm not so sure about moving water not freezing. If it's cold enough, I don't see what would stop it from freezing. The main problem is that when everyone goes home for the night, the computers will be off, the pump will be off, the water will be stagnant, and the outside air temperature will drop, possibly below zero. How do they stop it freezing then? Do they add an antifreeze like for car radiators, or do they just keep the radiator somewhere where the temperature won't drop below freezing?

I did something similar 2 weeks ago. I'm passively coolling my two PC's using 160l of water.   :)

Hladjenjeprvopaljenje.png

Why do I get the feeling I've watched this 35 times before?

This episode is sponsored by potatos

would that be "potatoes" or "PotatOS"?

My life is consumed by CS:GO, even though I'm not exceptionally good at it.

CPU: AMD A10-5800K | GPU: Gigabyte R9 270 2GB | RAM: 8GB 1333Mhz HyperX Blu | Storage: 120GB Samsung 850 EVO + 1TB WD Caviar Blue | Chassis: NZXT H230 | Mobo: Gigabyte GA-F2A88XM-HD3 | PSU: Corsair CX500 500W | Cooling: CM Hyper 212 EVO | OS: Windows 10
In order of priority: GTX 970 Strix, 2 good 1080p monitors, i5 4690k, MSI Z97 Gaming 5 LGA 1150, a job

would that be "potatoes" or "PotatOS"?

Or I could have meant the possessive for of the word "potato", implying that the episode sponsorship is owned by potato

I am good at computer

Spoiler

Motherboard: Gigabyte G1 sniper 3 | CPU: Intel 3770k @5.1Ghz | RAM: 32Gb G.Skill Ripjaws X @1600Mhz | Graphics card: EVGA 980 Ti SC | HDD: Seagate barracuda 3298534883327.74B + Samsung OEM 5400rpm drive + Seatgate barracude 2TB | PSU: Cougar CMX 1200w | CPU cooler: Custom loop

Or I could have meant the possessive for of the word "potato", implying that the episode sponsorship is owned by potato

"this episode is sponsored by potato's"

potato's sponsorship?

mkay...

My life is consumed by CS:GO, even though I'm not exceptionally good at it.

CPU: AMD A10-5800K | GPU: Gigabyte R9 270 2GB | RAM: 8GB 1333Mhz HyperX Blu | Storage: 120GB Samsung 850 EVO + 1TB WD Caviar Blue | Chassis: NZXT H230 | Mobo: Gigabyte GA-F2A88XM-HD3 | PSU: Corsair CX500 500W | Cooling: CM Hyper 212 EVO | OS: Windows 10
In order of priority: GTX 970 Strix, 2 good 1080p monitors, i5 4690k, MSI Z97 Gaming 5 LGA 1150, a job

you make a good point. 

I assume this system won't always be on though? 

muh specs 

All parts black

you make a good point. 

I assume this system won't always be on though? 

It depends. I've seen some offices where people don't shut down their PCs overnight and just come back to continue work in the morning. 

This could be the case and you never know if they set their render times at night