Why did you put radiators on the cases?!?!?

The goal is to get the system heat OUT OF THE ROOM? and OUTSIDE?

unbelievably poorly executed.

??

Alex.

This gave me an electrifying boner.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

LinusTech so you made a sweet WC setup in a house your planing to move out of...am i missing something mate?

I think this was from a while back before the new office was even a thing

Loved the video. Interesting project. I'm jealous I cannot do things like this. It did however raise a couple concerns/questions.

1) I could be totally wrong, but isn't PVC/CPVC cheaper than copper? Hell the ease in assembly would be worth it to me using plastic over copper. Not to mention PVC/CPVC has less friction loss. Not a significant difference but true none-the-less.

2) What pump was decided on and how did it end up performing?

3) Is there a diagram on how the loop is constructed?

Can't wait for the new video!

Yep, copper pipes can absorb heat and dissipate it. The return pipes can pick up the ambient heat in the room.

Like I said earlier, that heat dissipation through the pipes wont be much of a problem. The pipes absorbing heat?? What? lol 

Barely if any, maybe on the return if it's really cold out. It's not like the room temperature would be bad anyway. 

Your freezing point is valid though I think. I was wondering if they had any temperature detection and/or a heat coil installed. If the water is too cold, even if it doesn't freeze, we don't want condensation on the systems. 

I am now slightly confused... They put a whole room watercooling loop/ decorated the room, just to then move to bigger offices?!

This project was fulfilled in September, their fundraiser only started in November + they will not be moved propably until april or so. 

That time I saved Linus' WiFi pass from appearing on YouTube: 

A sudden Linus re-appears : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/390793-important-dailymotion-account-still-active/

whats the point of it tough since the rads would be placed outside and the sun would heat them up..... 

For some reason I thought they were in Canada. This seems like a good winter time project, but I can imagine their cooling capabilities will be effect by ambient temperature and sun. This whole build reminds me of a build of a guy that put his radiator in a crawlspace under his house. Absolutely incredible build:

http://www.overclock.net/t/1024268/sponsored-l3p-d3sk-silent-work-gaming-station

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Hi did you guys think about using like a airconditioner or a car rad for easier installation and better outdoor durability ?

Or may be it wouldn't work let me know.

This whole idea is fundamentally flawed.

1) Using copper pipes is going to have most of the heat dissipating in the house before it ever gets outside

2) Putting the PC's in series means that the heated water from the first flows into the second which flows into the third, etc.  

Some folks have said the copper piping won't make much difference - that is very much not the case.  If you add up the total surface area of all the copper piping, I bet it's quite a lot more than the total surface area of any radiator they were previously using.  And the "speed at which the fluid moves" is irrelevant - fluid in direct contact with copper is a great conductor, so the heat will very much get transferred from the fluid to the copper quickly.

Should have gone with either PVC tubing or flexible tubing, and the machines should be connected in parallel, not series.  

GG Linus made a new life form.

Has someone taken your faith?

Its real, the pain you feel. 

For your lav mic problems: what about a right angle plug going into the receiver? Even if Sennheiser doesn't make one, I imagine you could cut and solder the mic wire; unless the plug going into the receiver is proprietary.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys,

I was wondering why you chose the classic Radiator Setup instead of a water chiller?

It is a little bit pricy but should perform way, way better for multiple computers.

http://www.aquatuning.de/wasserkuehlung/radiatoren/durchlaufkuehler/19212/durchlaufkuehler-hailea-ultra-titan-1500-hc500790watt-kaelteleistung-white-special-edition?c=355

It should really reduce your bubble Problem and it chills the water under room temperature if needed + You don't need to place it outside.

And for your lavalier problem:

This is known and the best solution is to turn it upside down :-)

• 4 months later...

It's amzing  , i watch this series video . can you guys tell me what is the tank in bathtub ??  just a tank or is a cooler like freezer use electricity to move heat