Haswell-E: DDR4, Octacores and more!

Thibaudv

Anyone else think this is a bit too early of a leak? Or is it just me :/

Having Intel finally release a consumer grade Octo-core is exciting! I'm expecting it to cost the same as all their previous versions of "Extreme" series at 1k a pop.

Very though competition for AMD.

not really, it's been a while since AMD have even tried that division of prosumer stuff. they kepe more to the everyday kinda guy if you get me!

AMD 8350 // 8 GB Corsair Ram // PNY 780 Ti // Asus 1080p Monitor // Antec 120mm AIO // CM Quickfire TK w/ Custom Caps  // RAT 5 mouse // Audio Technica m50x // Behringer 4-line + Line6 8-line Audio Interfaces

not really, it's been a while since AMD have even tried that division of prosumer stuff. they kepe more to the everyday kinda guy if you get me!

You are true. I myself own 4 Amd Machines and One Intel

Octacore + Hyper-Threading = 16 ULTRA THREADING POOOOWWWAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!

Andres "Bluejay" Alejandro Montefusco - The Forums Favorite Bird!!!

Top Clock: 7.889 Ghz Cooled by: Liquid Helium   

#ChocolateRAM #OatmealFans #ScratchItHarder #WorstcardBestoverclocker #CrazySexStories #SchnitzelQuest TS3 SERVER

You are true. I myself own 4 Amd Machines and One Intel

i'm not saying amd are bad. it's actually quite smart to stay out of something they know will cost them too much money. Intel basically run that series for bragging rights, a 4770k will more than do for the majority of people.

AMD 8350 // 8 GB Corsair Ram // PNY 780 Ti // Asus 1080p Monitor // Antec 120mm AIO // CM Quickfire TK w/ Custom Caps  // RAT 5 mouse // Audio Technica m50x // Behringer 4-line + Line6 8-line Audio Interfaces

i'm not saying amd are bad. it's actually quite smart to stay out of something they know will cost them too much money. Intel basically run that series for bragging rights, a 4770k will more than do for the majority of people.

I am also not saying Amd are bad I wish to say in my previous post that Amd has bang for buck And wanted to support your post.

I'm only going to upgrade once we get reasonably priced, consumer 16GB RAM dimms. 8 of those and imma get myself a RAMdisk (128 GB ram split into 24GB of RAM 104 GB of disk). the extra cpu power will be completely wasted though. Extra PCI-E lanes is nice as well i guess.

that= will be worth upgrading to not haswell

meh, amd has had an 8core already :P

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

I leapt for joy! And then cried when I saw that they require LGA 2011-3 motherboards :(

Ah well, at least they made the right move.

Aww you were faster, I was just about to post this :(.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12; GPU: GeForce RTX 3080 Gigabyte Vision OC V2 10GB; PSU: EVGA 750W 80+ Gold Certified; RAM: 4x32GB (w/RGB xd); SSD: 1xM.2 Samsung 980 Pro 1TB, 1xM.2 Samsung 970 Pro 1TB, 1xWD 6TB HDD; OS: 10; Monitor: 2xAorus IPS 27" (2560x1400)Keyboard: Corsair K95; Mouse: Mionix Naos 7000 w/ Steelseries QcK mousepad.

Laptop - HP Omen 15" w/5800U, GPU 3070, 1TB M.2 WD Black, 16GB RAM.

meh, amd has had an 8core already :P

Ya except it was kinda meh.

I leapt for joy! And then cried when I saw that they require LGA 2011-3 motherboards :(

Ah well, at least they made the right move.

As did i

i5 3570 | MSI GD-65 Gaming | OCZ Vertex 60gb ssd | WD Green 1TB HDD | NZXT Phantom | TP-Link Wifi card | H100 | 5850

“I snort instant coffee because it’s easier on my nose than cocaine"

Cant way for a cpu which has odd numbers. No idea why but cant wait.(doesnt include 1 core).

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

Cant way for a cpu which has odd numbers. No idea why but cant wait.(doesnt include 1 core).

AMD has already made tri-core CPUs.

this is just amazing!!! he claims that there will be an option for true quad sli and crossfire!!!!

Nah. It says 40 PCIe lanes, which means three way SLI/Crossfire at 16x-16x-8x at best (or four way at 8x throughout).

Desktop: Intel Core i7-5820K, Corsair H115i, Asus X99-Deluxe/USB 3.1, G.Skill Ripjaws4 32GB 2800MHz CL16, Zotac RTX 3070, Samsung 950 Pro 512GB in Angelbird Wings PX1, Samsung 850 EVO 1TB, 5*Seagate 12TB, Cooler Master V1200, Phanteks Enthoo Luxe, Windows 10 Pro. Phillips 328P6VUBREB, Corsair Vengeance K95 RGB Cherry MX Brown, Logitech G502 X Plus, Sennheiser HD700.

AYANEO 2S: AMD 7800U, 32GB 7500MHz, 2TB WD SN850X. Windows 11.

Ok, so I like Intel and all but a 30-50% performance increase is possible, but recently has something like this is a novelty, but what I see is Intel is comparing, the soon to be 4820, which is a hyper-threaded quad core, with DDR3 RAM, and on the X79 chipset to the 5960X which would be a hyper-threaded oct-core, with DDR4 RAM and on the X99 chipset. So yeah a 50% increase is possible but when your comparing a $300 CPU that would be a year old by then, to a $1000 CPU that would be brand new, of course your going to get a pretty substantial performance increase.

These would make for awesome bragging rights....and not much else.

Truth be told, most applications don't even use the full power of current hexa-core processors, these chips will be a good year or two old before programs are released that can fully utilize the 8 cores.

I think that if they can price the hexa-core processor at a similar price to the current i7 3820 or i7 4820, they can have my money.

CPU: 5930K @ 4.5GHz | GPU: Zotac GTX 980Ti AMP! Extreme edition @ 1503MHz/7400MHz | RAM: 16GB Corsair Dom Plat @ 2667MHz CAS 13 | Motherboard: Asus X99 Sabertooth | Boot Drive: 400GB Intel 750 Series NVMe SSD | PSU: Corsair HX1000i | Monitor: Dell U2713HM 1440p monitor

Ok, so I like Intel and all but a 30-50% performance increase is possible, but recently has something like this is a novelty, but what I see is Intel is comparing, the soon to be 4820, which is a hyper-threaded quad core, with DDR3 RAM, and on the X79 chipset to the 5960X which would be a hyper-threaded oct-core, with DDR4 RAM and on the X99 chipset. So yeah a 50% increase is possible but when your comparing a $300 CPU that would be a year old by then, to a $1000 CPU that would be brand new, of course your going to get a pretty substantial performance increase.

Do you think the 4960X (Ivy-E) will be 50% more powerful than a 4770K? Because I can tell you right now it won't. It'll be about 15% to 25% just like the difference between 2700K and 3960X. And thus, 50% on Haswell-E is actually something to look forward to, as it means a good 35%-40% over a theoretical Broadwell 5770K equivalent, depending of course on Broadwell itself as a progression, but assuming it's linear to Sandy, Ivy and Haswell.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

Do you think the 4960X (Ivy-E) will be 50% more powerful than a 4770K? Because I can tell you right now it won't. It'll be about 15% to 25% just like the difference between 2700K and 3960X. And thus, 50% on Haswell-E is actually something to look forward to, as it means a good 35%-40% over a theoretical Broadwell 5770K equivalent, depending of course on Broadwell itself as a progression, but assuming it's linear to Sandy, Ivy and Haswell.

But here your comparing Ivy-E with Haswell, and that is also comparing a quad core with a hex core. What i'm saying is that I would comparing Ivy-E to Haswell-E, which would be a quad core to a oct core.

the ivybridge - ep models come in 12 core versions

i might stick around for that if they costed less than $1000

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.