I have a confession I'm a super newbie

Geo24

I don't know much about building my own rig from the ground up. I don't know how to inspect the stats of my pic. And don't get me started on over-clocking. However I want to learn! I want to build my own rig. How do I start? I need super basic help. I've been watching every single YouTube video I can find that could help and linustechtips is overall the best I have found. Now I just need a little bit more. Can anyone give me guidance?

Linus has an oc guide as well asas a build guide

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

This is the best build guide video for a newbie I've seen:

If you have any specific questions feel free to ask here of course :)

Ah, Carey Holzman. Always liked his videos.

Especially the one where he trolls the "Microsoft" technicians.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

The building process (the part that comes once all of your components are sitting on the table) can only be learned through experience, in my opinion. The first time I built a PC I also watched a bunch of videos. They were good as a step-by-step guide, but the only way to really know what to expect is to get your hands dirty.

I don't know much about building my own rig from the ground up. I don't know how to inspect the stats of my pic. And don't get me started on over-clocking. However I want to learn! I want to build my own rig. How do I start? I need super basic help. I've been watching every single YouTube video I can find that could help and linustechtips is overall the best I have found. Now I just need a little bit more. Can anyone give me guidance?

Save some money, buy a case, put some ram sticks and a processor in a motherboard, put the motherboard in the case, put in a power supply, install a graphics card to the motherboard, put some storage in there, install windows from a usb or using a optical drive... BUT MOST IMPORTANT, GOOGLE EVERYTHING

We've all been there, just start with simple basics like what's a CPU & mobo & ram , afterwards assembly , then afterwards dig deeper into what things actually do/does , then afterwards learn to tweak things like overclocking & stuff..

For starter i'd recommend you watch a build guide just to get a hang of things.. let me see if i can link you with some..I'd really recommend watching Linus Old videos From NCIX channel ..

Details separate people.

To be honest it isn't that hard to do.... austin evans made a great video for making a pc

NEVER GIVE UP. NEVER STOP LEARNING. DONT LET THE PAST HURT YOU. YOU CAN DOOOOO IT

This is the best build guide video for a newbie I've seen:

If you have any specific questions feel free to ask here of course :)

Yup I used this.

Worked out well for me.

I build in a phantom 410, like he did, really easy to build in.

My new ft05, not so much, took a frustrating hour or 2. But so much prettier than my red 410

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

I was a newbie not long ago.

I started watching a LOT, and I mean it, of videos about "How to build a PC" or Hardware related videos.

I built my own rig and now I'm not that dumb.

It's easy ;)

"an obvious supporter of privacy"

Welcome to the forums! :D 

Youtube has a wealth of videos alright, It just takes time to figure out how things fit together, so to speak.

The building it's self is the easiest part imo. Trickier figuring out the rational.

You''ll have no problem when it comes to it ;) 

Bleigh!  Ever hear of AC series? 

The thought of building my own desktop 3 years ago was scary, same as with a lot of things in life. People are willing to help put a build together for you if you have a certain budget. Use logicalincrements and pcpartpicker as guides to tell you what parts are compatible.

CPU i5 3570k MOBO Asus Maximus Gene V GPU Asus DCUII 670 CASE Corsair 350D (windowless) SSD Crucial M550 256GB msata CPU COOLER Noctua NH-D14 RAM Corsair XMS3 8GB 1600mhz PSU Corsair AX750 Display Asus PB287Q 4K (my review on it http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/380533-journey-into-4k-goodness-asus-pb287q-review/) & Asus VH236H 1080P

Keyboard Logitech G710+ MX Brown Mouse Logitech G502 (my review on it http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/299464-logitech-g502/ )

Proud owner of a BlackBerry Q10.

What should I get 1st? The case?

buy them all at once. So you're not waiting for one part to come in to finish your build

Alternatively, if you're in no rush, you can buy the parts you're positive you want to get, buy those, and then do some research and then buy the other parts once you know which ones you want to get

I done been through a whole lot. Trial, tribulations, but I know God - Kendrick Lamar

I question your mother's upbringing if you don't like me - Action Bronson

You apocalyptic dingleberry - James 'Captain Slow' May