AMD Catalyst Omega (Now with VSR)

worldwin

"AMD has announced a major overhaul of their Catalyst graphics card driver software today, adding new features, improving performance and fixing a large number of bugs. The 'special edition' driver, which is the result of months of work, is one of the biggest AMD has released.

The Catalyst Omega driver boasts some serious performance improvements in many hardware configurations due to a more efficient design. AMD states that you can expect up to 19% more performance than the [launch driver] (Catalyst 13.12) "

"In our own testing, ..... we noted significant gains on high-end GPUs in a number of titles including BioShock Infinite and Metro Redux. However in some games, ....... there was no performance improvement at all: Watch Dogs, Battlefield 4, Sleeping Dogs, Tomb Raider and Crysis 3 are regularly seen in our hardware benchmarks, and recorded the same performance as the previous driver."

2014-12-04_23-24-11.jpg

2014-12-04_23-25-07.jpg

2014-12-04_23-26-06.jpg

"Aside from VSR, AMD has also improved frame pacing on both Dual Graphics and CrossFire systems, reducing stuttering and frame time variances."

"But it doesn't end there. AMD also focused on improving the driver experience by fixing a massive amount of bugs, including the top ten most reported problems such as errors during the install process, game and system crashes and black screens, and even pesky HDMI audio issues."

"Catalyst Omega also introduces support for a number of new pieces of hardware, including Freesync Monitors, the Alienware Graphics Amplifier, and 5K displays like the Dell UP2715k through two DisplayPort 1.2 outputs. For those Eyefinity fans out there, Catalyst Omega now supports 24 monitor arrays on systems with four GPUs."

Driver to be out shortly

Source:http://www.techspot.com/news/59074-amd-unveils-major-gpu-driver-update-catalyst-omega.html

So after all this time AMD seems to be poised to release a solid new driver with many features that gamers want.I can now play games @ 4K without the need to use external program (an annoying problem that was present if something like GedOSatO failed). Also Freesync support!

UPDATE:http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/hardware-canucks-reviews/68127-amd-catalyst-omega-details-performance-3.html HWC REVIEW
Link to download:http://support.amd.com/en-us/download You have to download by using the installer.

Just do the standard way. http://support.amd.com/en-us/download/desktop?os=Windows%207%20-%2064

i7 4770K @ 4.5GHZ, NH-D14, Kingston HyperX Black 8GB, Asus Z87-A, Fractal Design XL R2, MSI TF IV R9 280x, BTFNX 550G

AWESOME

Not a creative name for VSR though. But considering how fast they got their own version out it seems like this wasnt copied

FANBOY OF: PowerColor, be quiet!, Transcend, G.Skill, Phanteks

FORMERLY FANBOY OF: A-Data, Corsair, Nvidia

DEVELOPING FANBOY OF: AMD (GPUS), Intel (CPUs), ASRock

Looks great, i'm just not sure that i want to use a beta driver...

CPU: Intel I5-4690k (stock) Motherboard: Asus B85 Pro gamer RAM: 2x4 - GB Avexir kit (xmp is not enabled) GPU: XFX R9 280X DD Case: Coolermaster Storm Enforcer Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB, Seagate Barracuda 1TB, WD 250GB PSU: Thermaltake Smartpower 750w Monitor: BenQ RL2455HM Cooling: 200mm front intake, 200mm top exhaust, 200mm rear exhaust Keyboard: Corsair Vengeance K70 Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Core Sound: Kingston HyperX Clouds and Logitech Speakers Operating System: Windows 10 64bit

very interesting, they have TressFX 3.0; i only know of TFX1 in Tomb Raider 2013 and them working on TFX2, but did not even know of any games to use it or even that they were working on 3. 

also like how they added Mantel FPS monitoring through Raptr, have yet to play any mantle titles, but should make reviewers happy. 

i need to stop playing games so i can be the one to post this kind of news ;)

Edit

these are also Beta Drivers
me personally i'm going to wait for them to be out of beta, last time i used beta drivers i had weird boxes appear in firefox and only got rid of them after reformat

CPU: AMD FX8350 CPU Cooler Zalman CNPS 12x Motherboard Asus M5A99FX Pro R2 GPU RX480 4GB) Memory 16GB DDR1333 SSD: PNY Prevail 120G + Corsair Force LE 120G (Steam) Bulk storage Stable Bit Drive Pool with 5x 2TB 2x 3TB PSU Corsair 600w Case Rosewill Throne

I'm not sure if this is a catchup measure, seeing how fast they came up VSR. Anyways, this shows that competition is good, giving more people acces to new features. I kinda think, or want to, that this is AMD one-upping Nvidia by releasing a potentially better or more compliant implementation of DSR. We'll just have to wait and see how things work out from here on.

FX 6300 @4.8 Ghz - Club 3d R9 280x RoyalQueen @1200 core / 1700 memory - Asus M5A99X Evo R 2.0 - 8 Gb Kingston Hyper X Blu - Seasonic M12II Evo Bronze 620w - 1 Tb WD Blue, 1 Tb Seagate Barracuda - Custom water cooling

I am loving the sound of all of those bug fixes, I eagerly await a download link  :)

Ignis (Primary rig)
CPU
 i7-4770K                               Displays Dell U2312HM + 2x Asus VH236H
MB ASRock Z87M Extreme4      Keyboard Rosewill K85 RGB BR
RAM G.Skill Ripjaws X 16GB      Mouse Razer DeathAdder
GPU XFX RX 5700XT                    Headset V-Moda Crossfade LP2
PSU Lepa G1600
Case Corsair 350D
Cooling Corsair H90             
Storage PNY CS900 120GB (OS) + WD Blue 1TB

Server 01Alpha                                       Server 01Beta                            Chaos Box (Loaner Rig)                Router (pfSense)
CPU
 Xeon X5650                                      CPU 2x Xeon E5520                    CPU Xeon E3-1240V2                     CPU Xeon E3-1246V3
MB Asus P6T WS Pro                               MB EVGA SR-2                             MB ASRock H61MV-ITX                 MB ASRock H81 Pro BTC
RAM Kingston unbuffered ECC 24GB  RAM G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB         RAM Random Ebay RAM 12GB    RAM G.Skill Ripjaws 8GB
GPU XFX R5 220                                       GPU EVGA GTX 580 SC               GPU Gigabyte R9 295x2                GPU integrated
PSU Corsair CX430M                               PSU Corsair AX1200                   PSU Corsair GS700                         PSU Antec EA-380D
Case Norco RPC-450B 4U                      Case Rosewill  RSV-L4000C        Case Modified Bitfenix Prodigy   Case Norco RPC-250 2U
Cooling Noctua NH-U9S                        Cooling 2x CM Hyper 212 Evo  Cooling EVGA CLC 120mm           Cooling stock
Storage PNY CS900 120GB (OS)           Storage null                                 Storage PNY CS900 120GB (OS)  Storage Fujitsu 150GB HDD
               8x WD Red 1TB in Raid 6                                                                                WD Black 1TB    
               WD Green 2TB

very interesting, they have TressFX 3.0; i only know of TFX1 in Tomb Raider 2013 and them working on TFX2, but did not even know of any games to use it or even that they were working on 3. 

also like how they added Mantel FPS monitoring through Raptr, have yet to play any mantle titles, but should make reviewers happy. 

TressFX 2.0 may have been used in Lichdom, but that could also be 1.0, have a look at Lichdom:Battlemage TressFX video's on YT.

Mantle FPS monitoring is good to have now.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

Driver to be out shortly

Which is......

jk, glad to hear! Would love to see any differences between my current 14.7 vs. Omega(would have preferred to have it named Alpha, but meh)!

Hmm

CPU: Intel I5-4690k (stock) Motherboard: Asus B85 Pro gamer RAM: 2x4 - GB Avexir kit (xmp is not enabled) GPU: XFX R9 280X DD Case: Coolermaster Storm Enforcer Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB, Seagate Barracuda 1TB, WD 250GB PSU: Thermaltake Smartpower 750w Monitor: BenQ RL2455HM Cooling: 200mm front intake, 200mm top exhaust, 200mm rear exhaust Keyboard: Corsair Vengeance K70 Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Core Sound: Kingston HyperX Clouds and Logitech Speakers Operating System: Windows 10 64bit

/Wonder how many reposts this'll get within the next 7 days...

A lot considering AMD news is seen by more people I guess about 3 per day for 3 days :(

They are comparing it to v14.11.2 right?

Thats good, 19% over v13.12 wouldn't be that good of an achievement after all this time :)

Happy for the VSR but the naming sucks, V.R.I- Virtual Resolution Imaging would be better :)

Being able to FPS monitor Mantle, coming to this driver or raptr program, thats also nice, ty AMD.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

/Wonder how many reposts this'll get within the next 7 days...

A lot considering AMD news is seen by more people I guess about 3 per day for 3 days :(

They are comparing it to v14.11.2 right?

Thats good, 19% over v13.12 wouldn't be that good of an achievement after all this time :)

Happy for the VSR but the naming sucks, V.R.I- Virtual Resolution Imaging would be better :)

Being able to FPS monitor Mantle, coming to this driver or raptr program, thats also nice, ty AMD.

Actually they are comparing the Omega drivers to 13.12 drivers, it is clearly shown in the first picture. Unfortunately, I was hoping the same as you were. But still, improvements are improvements, better than nothing :)

Actually they are comparing the Omega drivers to 13.12 drivers, it is clearly shown in the first picture. Unfortunately, I was hoping the same as you were. But still, improvements are improvements, better than nothing :)

I had seen that, but subsequent articles on it also stated it was also improving upon 14.11.2 and was wondering if that was the 19%, or if its 19% over 13.12, either way, your right, better than nothing :)

FINALLY. I've been waiting for something like VSR for ages. I'm glad they have been listening to their customers with those survey forms they send out.

This explains the totally rediculous amount of drivers they've put out this year. Hopefully once this is finalised they can get back to more regular updates.

Anyway will install today and do some testing.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

Not available to download yet by the way peeps.

Virtual "Super Resolution" - Endless Facepalming HAHAHAHA

Better just to go with nvidia since their drivers support all their cards

"Instinct or Rationality; Which will you choose? Enchanted by a superiority complex"

"what you do in spite of internet speed is inspiring. :3" From Cae - 2015

Not available to download yet by the way peeps.

Dang & blast. Oh well, will keep checking till it drops.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

Hope VSR stuff is nice, ill have to try it out when i get a chance.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

wow  :lol: nice

(i hope the non beta drivers come out soon, i am still using the 14.9 lol)  :D

daaaaaaaaaaaamn... been waiting for something like this for ages. At the moment there new drivers (14.7 onwards) are very buggy. Not including Hydravision, crashing when enabling Eyefinity, black screens sometimes, errors on install.... its really what is holding back a lot of people from buying AMD products (and me from ever buying another). I couldn't give two shits about the 19% increase I would much rather have a driver that works 100% to the quality of Nvidia drivers.

Intel I9-9900k (5Ghz) Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula | Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4-4133mhz | ASUS ROG Strix 2080Ti | EVGA Supernova G2 1050w 80+Gold | Samsung 950 Pro M.2 (512GB) + (1TB) | Full EK custom water loop |IN-WIN S-Frame (No. 263/500)

Am I the only one that hasn't had issues with their last few drivers then? :o

yes :P

Intel I9-9900k (5Ghz) Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula | Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4-4133mhz | ASUS ROG Strix 2080Ti | EVGA Supernova G2 1050w 80+Gold | Samsung 950 Pro M.2 (512GB) + (1TB) | Full EK custom water loop |IN-WIN S-Frame (No. 263/500)

yes :P

Well it might be a case of a silent majority... those with problems generally make more fuss than those who don't.