Britain To Get Its First eSports Arena In 2015

Game on..UK

Gfinity.jpg

Gfinity last week announced that in 2015 it will host 30 offline events between March and September culminating in the Gfinity Championship 2015 , The event will be placed in an warena that could fit 500 people in it..

“LAN that will take place at one of the biggest arenas in the UK, marking the event as Europe’s largest multi-title eSports event of all time”.

Gfinity is a league organiser for multiplayer games such as CSGO and Starcraft II on a Worldwide level, in the upcoming London event there will be over $500k in prize money available throughout the season

The new eSports Arena will be the first ever in the UK and provide competitions on a regular basis. There’s only two other major global providers of eSports: MLG in the US and ESL in Germany..

the company says it hasn't decided whether to build a new facility or retrofit an existing one just yet. Once it's completed, it'll play host to 30 tournaments between March and September next year, covering competitive games such as Halo and Call of Duty before its end of season "Gfinity Championship Final."

Pretty cool news, Please do leave your thoughts on this down beloooooooooeee...

Bonus:

a8030a359df607d24f51d2bbc9c95c7aed86ffaf

Link:

http://www.mcvuk.com/news/read/uk-esports-firm-gfinity-prepares-to-ipo-will-build-uk-s-first-esports-arena/0142154

Details separate people.

Please don't make esports more of a sport. We don't need this anywhere. 

Play a game for fun - not for profit.

NCASE M1 i5-9600k  GTX 1080 FE Z370N-WIFI SF600 NH-U9S LPX 32GB 960EVO

I'm a self-identifying Corsair Nvidia Fanboy; Get over it.

but where?

Somewhere around London, They havent yet made up their mind on whether to buy out an existing building for the purpose or Build on efrom the ground up, You'll have to wait & see.. I'll update it as early as possible..

Details separate people.

I dont see the problem, people spend time watching Twitch and things, I wish they would make the competitions more official

I think its pretty awesome

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Why not? Should people stop playing sports for money? Or having any sort of competition at all?

Games are competitive. It makes absolute sense to offer a high level competitive scene, which naturally attracts money.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X - CPU Cooler: Deepcool Castle 240EX - Motherboard: MSI B450 GAMING PRO CARBON AC

RAM: 2 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RBG 3200MHz - GPU: MSI RTX 3080 GAMING X TRIO

You dun hur dur'd.

Eeerm, 500 people? ONLY? That space must small as ef. What a shame.

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

isn't 500 enough already? plus it's london,  i don't expect a heavy crowd to show for a video game event there.. even tho previous matches will disagree with that statement, But this is a permanent thing for their own events in case if it fails they can get away with a few, so they must be keeping their cost low on for this one & maybe expand later once they start grabbing on to the event .

Details separate people.

I wonder if we could get AGDQ over hear once this arena is built. I love it and watch it twice a year, I'd defo travel down to London to watch that for a few hours.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

If 500 people would pay to go to a stadium to watch people click their virginity away to Dota then ISIS should blow that place

I run my browser through NSA ports to make their illegal jobs easier. :P
If it's not broken, take it apart and fix it.
http://pcpartpicker.com/b/fGM8TW

If 500 people would pay to go to a stadium to watch people click their virginity away to Dota then ISIS should blow that place

Why the negativity? Do you honestly believe that people who play those games are all virgins? Do you really want ISIS attacking stadiums killing hundreds of people? Must you spam this thread with ignorant comments on a subject that from my perspective does not even interest you? Or are you just here to spread hate? Not really feeling your vibes man :(

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/pzKFqs

Undecided on GPU

On a separate note I really love the idea of growing the esports community, I have been a huge COD fan for a while and loving watching the competitive games! It gets really intense and keeps me on the edge of my seat. I am sure it is a similar experience for people who enjoy games such as LoL, Dota, or Starcraft so I fully support this idea!

Undecided on GPU

with that idea, why did we need to create any sports into profit?

Finally my Santa hat doesn't look out of place

Why the negativity? Do you honestly believe that people who play those games are all virgins? Do you really want ISIS attacking stadiums killing hundreds of people? Must you spam this thread with ignorant comments on a subject that from my perspective does not even interest you? Or are you just here to spread hate? Not really feeling your vibes man :(

Did I really forget to put a sarcasm label on that?! 

facepalm_2x_by_stevesjobes-d4zpcje.jpg

I guess I should clarify my intended meaning; To those who hate the implementation of the arena, it can be said about any stadium and any event, sports, esports, concerts... those who like it will like it and you probably like things they hate. 

Guess I just didn't put in long enough consideration for my wording, been working on that but every now and then something slips. Apologies to any offended or wearing an anti-troll hat.

I run my browser through NSA ports to make their illegal jobs easier. :P
If it's not broken, take it apart and fix it.
http://pcpartpicker.com/b/fGM8TW

I dont see the problem, people spend time watching Twitch and things, I wish they would make the competitions more official

I think its pretty awesome

agree, once I can work out to play twitch on my tv I'll most likly start watching twitch alot more

Its all about those volumetric clouds

Finally. Now I can go and see CS played on LAN. 

What do they know of England, who only England know?

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

post-104353-0-44841600-1417610190.gif

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs. And the Universe trying to produce bigger idiots.. The Universe is winning"

(Gaming PC) CPU:- i5 4690k 3.5GHZ . MOTHERBOARD:- MSI G45 Z97 Gaming . CPU Cooler:- H100i . GPU:- ASUS Geforce GTX-780ti Direct CU II OC -x2 SLI . RAM:- 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz 4x4GB . CASE:- Corsair 750D Obsidian Series . PSU:- EVGA SuperNova 850W Gold . FANS:- x3 Corsair AF120 RED LED, x2 Corsair AF120 (Red rings) .STORAGE:- Kingston V300 120GB (Boot Drive), x2 1TB WD Blues, x2 500GB Samsungs .

Spoiler

KEYBOARD:- Logitech G19. | GAMEPAD:- Logitech G13. | HEADPHONES:- Logitech G35. | MOUSE:- CM Storm Sentinel Advanced II. | JOYSTICK:- Saitek ST200. | RACING WHEEL:- Logitech Driving Force GT. | OTHER:- TrackIR 5 + Vector Clip | CounterStrike XXL Mousemat

Did I really forget to put a sarcasm label on that?! 

I guess I should clarify my intended meaning; To those who hate the implementation of the arena, it can be said about any stadium and any event, sports, esports, concerts... those who like it will like it and you probably like things they hate. 

Guess I just didn't put in long enough consideration for my wording, been working on that but every now and then something slips. Apologies to any offended or wearing an anti-troll hat.

Nah you are okay man, thanks for clarification! 

Undecided on GPU