Autodesk Makes It's Design Software Free to Schools Worldwide

Awesome News is Awesome...

Autodesk_Logo_Software.jpg

Autodesk today announced it’s making its suite of of apps free for students and teachers worldwide.

"The way we make things is changing rapidly, and we need a workforce ready to design for new manufacturing and construction techniques. By providing free professional design tools to students, faculty members and academic institutions around the world, we’re helping get industry ready for the next phase"

According to Autodesk, the new access should allow more than 680 million people from over 800,000 schools and 188 countries have access to the software at no cost.

As of today the design-minded outfit is offering its wares, AutoCAD and Fusion 360, for education use worldwide.

fusion-360-07.jpg

This is the follow up to the announcement of free software for academic institutions in the United States earlier this year as part of President Obama’s ConnectED initiative, Autodesk has gradually expanded free access to its leading design software to academic institutions across Asia Pacific and Europe.

autodesk_logo_screen_color_black_medium.

the access is meant for educational purposes only no commercial usage allowed.

Autodesk is the leader in 3D design, engineering, and entertainment software , Now it's also helping schools move to the cloud by providing academic institutions with its full suite of next generation cloud-based design products, cloud services such as the A360 collaboration platform, as well as maintenance subscription for free.

Autodesk_Education_Infographic.jpg

We are Closing the digital gap in education starts by providing European schools with common access to the same advanced technology being used by industry professionals today

To access the free software you need to request free educational access to Autodesk through their site :

http://www.autodesk.com/education.

News Link:

http://www.engadget.com/2014/12/01/autodesk-software-free-education/

Pretty swell news since the company decided to now open up the software up for worldwide acees for free, Post Your thoughts on this down beloooooooooooww

Details separate people.

My university already gave me 3 year license. I don't know if they had to pay for it.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

I got a free 3 year licence thanks to my student discount card. Gives me great offers and this was included. Not bad for <£20

Ryze of the Phoenix: 
CPU:      AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @ 4.15GHz
Ram:      64GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 @ 3200Mhz (Samsung B-Die & Nanya Technology)
GPU:      MSI RTX 3060 12GB Aero ITX
Storage: Crucial P3 1TB NVMe Gen 4 SSD, 1TB Crucial MX500, Spinning Rust (7TB Internal, 16TB External - All in-use),
PSU:      Cooler Master MWE Gold 750w V2 PSU (Thanks LTT PSU Tier List)
Cooler:   BeQuite! Prue Rock 2 Black Edition
Case:     ThermalTake Versa J22 TG

Passmark 10 Score: 6096.4         CPU-z Score: 4189 MT         Unigine Valley (DX11 @1080p Ultra): 5145         CryEngine Neon Noir (1080p Ultra): 9579

Audio Setup:                  Scarlett 2i2, AudioTechnica AT2020 XLR, Mackie CR3 Monitors, Sennheiser HD559 headphones, HyperX Cloud II Headset, KZ ES4 IEM (Cyan)

Laptop:                            MacBook Pro 2017 (Intel i5 7360U, 8GB DDR3, 128GB SSD, 2x Thunderbolt 3 Ports - No Touch Bar) Catalina & Boot Camp Win10 Pro

Primary Phone:               Xiaomi Mi 11T Pro 5G 256GB (Snapdragon 888)

Old news. They have been doing this for years.

Picked up cad free 4 years ago.

CM Storm Switch Tester MOD (In-Progress) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/409147-cm-storm-switch-tester-macro-mod/

Ammo Can Speaker 02 (Completed) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/283826-ammo-can-speakers-02/       A/B Switch V 0.5 (Completed) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/362417-ab-switch-v0

Build 01 - The Life of a Prodigy -  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/13103-build-01-the-life-of-a-prodigy/             Build 02 - Silent Server 3000 - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/116670-build-02-silent-server-3000/

Yeah no doubt. I have had Inventor on my PC for years now just because it was free when I was in college.

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

It might have been select schools and colleges before. Now it looks like everyone is getting it.

It might have been select schools and colleges before. Now it looks like everyone is getting it.

When I got it, all you needed was a .edu email address. 

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

They are doing this purely out of selfishness.

Get the students hooked on your software and then they have to buy it once they want to use it for commercial purposes.

A good deed done for selfish reasons is still nice though. It would have been far nicer if they had done like Microsoft and allowed small companies to use it for free for commercial purposes as well, but maybe that's asking too much.

It's been free for students for years already. When I took my first year of engineering class in high school 4 years back all of the auto desk software we used was available for me to get for free on my home machine.

CPU: I7 3770k @4.8 ghz | GPU: GTX 1080 FE SLI | RAM: 16gb (2x8gb) gskill sniper 1866mhz | Mobo: Asus P8Z77-V LK | PSU: Rosewill Hive 1000W | Case: Corsair 750D | Cooler:Corsair H110| Boot: 2X Kingston v300 120GB RAID 0 | Storage: 1 WD 1tb green | 2 3TB seagate Barracuda|

They are doing this purely out of selfishness.

Get the students hooked on your software and then they have to buy it once they want to use it for commercial purposes.

A good deed done for selfish reasons is still nice though. It would have been far nicer if they had done like Microsoft and allowed small companies to use it for free for commercial purposes as well, but maybe that's asking too much.

Yup. But they're hardly alone in this, it is a tactic that smarter businesses employ.

Caterpillar does the same thing with community colleges and supplies more equipment then their competitors do for industrial and diesel mechanic students to learn and study from.

When its all anyone has experience with it becomes the defacto best thing ever available for everyone in the whole world regardless of the application.

this is not news at all. i have been able to get student licenses to their software suite since i was a freshman in high school and i am now a junior in college. nothing new here

I already have access to Autodesk stuff thanks to having taken design. Personally I rather Blender since it's open source and will always be free.

You all do realize this is old new. Autodesk has allowed students to have any of there software for free for years now. You don't even have to be a student to make an account. I've been using the student account method for years to get the latest version of 3DS Max to make mods for GTA SA.

Siemens also doed that with their solid edge software, you have to renew it once a year but still. It does alsp have the whole academic usage only bla bla bla.

They hadn't already? I know I got 3d max as a student hear in Germany and normally Germany is last to adopt just about anything.

Not Maya?

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

thanks for the link i enjoy inventor and now i can play around with it on my personal computer  :)

afair every software from autodesk is free for students with .edu email.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

Great! Now my university shouldn't pirate it anymore.

60FPS Microwave

Intel Core i5-4670K | Galax GTX 970 EXOC | ASRock Z97E-ITX/ac | Team Elite 8GB 1600MHz | Gelid Black Edition | Samsung slowdown + WD Blue 1TB x2 | Cooler Master V550 | Corsair K65 + Logitech G100s | MasterCase Pro 3

I really hope I can grab this before I graduate in a few days. I'd love to have a copy of this just to screw around.

I really hope I can grab this before I graduate in a few days. I'd love to have a copy of this just to screw around.

they provide keys instantly so no worries

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18