Are You Satisfied With Your Current PC Build? *open poll*

Yes. Could it get better? Of course, but for me it's plenty already ^^ as much as I would like moar power I also don't want to just throw all my money to the wind. When I'll actually need a new rig, maybe I'll go more extreme on the cpu side, but for now it's all right as it is :)

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

I am/will be when i get my graphics upgrade

The Wannabe is no longer. Replaced by the Flotilla. If you replace every part of a computer is it still the same computer?

Survived the Survivor 2299

Audio Engineer, Lighting Programmer, Video Engineer, FOH.

Love my pc, but would like a bit more power. Parts choices were based on the very limited funds that i had at the time

Very happy with performance atm, just got an upgrade! 

Although teh case style is starting to ware off a little. (phnatom 410 atm) 

Bleigh!  Ever hear of AC series? 

Not satisfied, but fairly impressed. My a4-3400 with 4GB (3 usable) can do most things i throw at it. Used to play a lot of LoL, and it did the job, low settings still got 30-40 fps. After that, started playing War Thunder, handles it ok enough, minimum settings, averages about 30 fps, not the best, but playable. I should note I do everything with Chrome in the background (with quite a few tabs), and in the case of War Thunder, I sometimes have Photoshop running to edit/make skins for my planes, PS struggles in that case, but I guess that's to be expected. I should note that my monitor is an old 1280x1024 POS, so I wouldn't expect it to run 1080p well.

just about to wrap up a two month long build ( work got in the way) and could not be more proud of it 

I love everything, but I have minor gripes.

Fans are much louder than expected, and my local computer store doesn't have anything like rubber grommets or rubber fan mounts.

My GTX 970 is a lie. And its also faulty, and I need to return it. I can't play WarThunder ground forces without my GPU crashing and my monitor going "No signal", Shadows are f*cked up and have jagged teeth regardless of settings, and the coil whine can be heard in the other room.

"Normandy" i7 4790K - GTX 970 - Phantom 410 (Gun metal) - Z97 Extreme4 (asrock) - 128GB Crucial SSD - 1TB WD HDD - H60 Refurb. - 7 case fans | G710+ Keyboard, G230 Headset, Acer GN246HL Monitor.

Quick thoughts on system: I7 is extremely quick and I'm glad I spent the extra for hyper-threading. I regret my decision to get the GTX 970, it has horrible coil whine. There isn't any excuse for this terrible whine I and others are having. I HIGHLY recommend a 144hz monitor. Future Improvements/upgrades: Rubber fan mounts, basic speakers, more ram (for a total of 16gb), replace GPU.

144hz is love. 144hz is life. I like to submit unfinished posts then do about 20 edits. I like the Night Theme too.

Well when your running a Core 2 Duo with 4GB of DDR2 and you still arnt even running Geforce GTX or AMD Radeon you kinda cry a little. I might be getting a GTX 750 soon though so that will help a bit.

In a life born so wicked and stricked , I've learned to hold dear truth

The future to always pass quickly  To them and myself I plead   

May the unforeseen powers forgive us  For our mistakes, Sins, and shortcomings.

I put I don't know. I have an fx-8350, but it could always be an i7-4790k couldn't it? I have 16 gb of RAM but it's only DDR3-1333. My graphics card plays the games I play (mostly DotA 2) but it COULD be a little better (girlfriend said she's getting me a gtx 960 to replace my gtx 560ti, big upgrade for me!). My Samsung 840 EVO COULD be an xp941. My monitor COULD be two 1080p 144hz monitors. My case is getting old and dinged (silverstone raven rv02) and it COULD be a Fractal Design Define R5, etc...

The list goes on and on. There are things that could be better, but I am overall very satisfied with my current setup.

Well when your running a Core 2 Duo with 4GB of DDR2 and you still arnt even running Geforce GTX or AMD Radeon you kinda cry a little. I might be getting a GTX 750 soon though so that will help a bit.

I would just save up a bit more and get the gtx 960 instead. The 750 is severely underpowered.

not entirely,

i would like to switch to a single strong gpu with plenty of vram for my surround setup.

my current gpu's are kind of crippling my setup.

i'm still happy with mine :D, I made em assembled them, planned em out so it's kinda like my own kid, plus the Z11 Is still an amazing looking case and the 4820K just an amazing CPU (about 95% of people told me to get a 4770K after my 3770K bit the dust and i am so glad i went for the 4820K instead)

plus all that RAM to play with both GPU and CPU too >8].

makes mummy proud ;u;

Hey bro i like yo *vomits on you*

SpOOkY  - Intel Core i7 4820K - Sapphire Radeon HD 7970GHZ Toxic Edition 6GB - 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz - Gigabyte X79-UD3 - EVGA Supernova G2 850W

My GrApHiCs DeSiGn TeAcHeR Is GoInG To bE sO MaD

My CPU suckz ballz for the GPU that I have.

Main Gaming PC (new): HP Omen 30L || i9 10850K || RTX 3070 || 512GB WD Blue NVME || 2TB HDD, 4TB HDD, 8TB HDD ||  750W P2 ||  16GB HyperX Black DDR4

Main Gaming PC (old, still own) : Intel Core i7 7700K @5.0Ghz || GPU: GTX 1080 Seahawk EK X || Motherboard: Maximus VIII Impact || Case: Fractal Design Define Nano S || RAM : 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 

Cooling: EK XRES D5 100mm || Alphacool ST30 280mm w/ Vardars || Alphacool ST30 240mm w/ Vardars || Swiftech 3/8 x 1/2'' Lok-Seal Compressions || Swiftech EVGA Hydrocopper Block || Primochill Advanced LRT Orange || Distilled Water

Folding@Home Rig: 2x X5690s @4.6Ghz || GPUs: 2x Radeon HD 7990 || Motherboard: EVGA SR-2 || Case: Corsair 900D || RAM: 48GB Corsair Dominator GT 2000Mhz CL9

Ethereum Mining Rig: Pentium G4400 || Gigabyte Z170X-UD5 TH || 2x GTX 1060s (Samsung & Hynix) 1x GTX 1070 (Micron), 2x RX480s BIOS modded (Samsung), 1x R9 290X 8GB, 1x GTX 1660 Super = ~ 195 Mh/s

Peripherals: 3x U2412M (5760x1200), 1x U3011 (2560x1600) || Logitech G710 (Cherry Blues) || Logitech G600 || Brainwavz HM5 with @Gofspar Mod 

Laptop: Dell XPS 15 || "Infinity Edge" 4K IPS Screen || i7 7700HQ || GTX 1050 || 16GB 2400Mhz RAM 

no. needs a 5ghz i7 in it and some gpu's with 4 or more gb of vram instead of 3.5gb :P

Rig Specs:

AMD Threadripper 5990WX@4.8Ghz

Asus Zenith III Extreme

Asrock OC Formula 7970XTX Quadfire

G.Skill Ripheartout X OC 7000Mhz C28 DDR5 4X16GB  

Super Flower Power Leadex 2000W Psu's X2

Harrynowl's 775/771 OC and mod guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/232325-lga775-core2duo-core2quad-overclocking-guide/ http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/365998-mod-lga771-to-lga775-cpu-modification-tutorial/

ProKoN haswell/DC OC guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/41234-intel-haswell-4670k-4770k-overclocking-guide/

"desperate for just a bit more money to watercool, the titan x would be thankful" Carter -2016

It exceeded my expectations. Very happy with my build. I'll soon get red LED strips.

CPU: i5-6600k @ 4.4GHz | Motherboard: Asus Z170 Pro Gaming | RAM: 8GB HyperX Fury | GPU: Asus Strix GTX 980 | Case: NZXT Noctis 450 Red/Black | Storage: 256GB Sandisk SSD + 1TB Western Digital HDD | PSU: EVGA 750w | Monitor: ASUS VS247H | CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo | Keyboard: $15 Cheapo Rubber Dome Keyboard | Mouse: Rosewill RGM-300

Linus Tech Tips Pebble (and Pebble Time) notifier watchface!

It's waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better than the over seven year old computer it replaced so it's hard to complain... But the case is some what lacking, though still the style I wanted, the motherboard is a great color for what I want but I'm having a problem with a SATA port and I'm hearing that it's just a thing to deal with from this manufacturer (MSI), and I wish I could have added more SSDs since 256GB is just below that mark of 'don't-have-to-worry-about-it' useable space so I have to watch it. Also I had to move my monitor, keyboard, and mouse over and those are old and massively feature-less, and I have to use crappy earphones...

I want another 970, and two more monitors, other then that, yup.

Build Modulus

[x] Intel Core i7 3770 [x] PNY xlr8 16gb(2x8) 1600mhz [x] Asus Strix 970 [x] Corsair h90, 3x corsair sp140, 1x Corsair af120 [x] ASRock Z77 Extreme4 [x] NZXT S340 [x] EVGA superNOVA NEX 650w [x] Asus xonar DG,Beyerdynamic dt770 Pro (80ohms), PreSonus M7, PreSonus AudioBox [x] WASD keyboard 104 key(Mx Brown) [x] Corsair M65 RGB [x] WD Blue 1TB 7200 HDD, WD passport 1tb [x] Asus VN247H-P, BenQ 2420Z [x]

Cycling Gear

[x] Giant Defy 5 [x] CamelBak Classic 2L [x] Nishiki Socorro [x] Giro Bravo Blue Jewel/Black [x] Midland Xtra-Talk w/ Headset (For Group Rides) [x] Casio G-Shock G100-1BV [x] Zefal Saddle Bag [x] Giant Control Mini MTB+ Frame Pump [x] Schwinn Expanding Cage [x] 2* Giant 700c*25c Tubes - Presta Valve [x] 2* Tire Levers [x] Stanley Allen Key Set [x] Mini-Lock For Saddle Bag [x]

nope. using a laptop thats not meant for gaming soon to be upgrading though.

askdjfasdf

Yes, my current PC is light years beyond when I was running for the last few years, although there is room for improvement.  I'd love to replace my mechanical storage drives with SSDs, because they're by far the noisiest things in my system... Probably won't bother on this one though, as I'm giving it to my brother eventually.  Definitely going all SSD on my next build.  Might pick up a second 970 sometime if I can find a good deal on an open box/returned/second hand one.

CPU Intel Core i7 7700K; Cooler Cryorig R1 Universal; MB Asus ROG Maximus IX Code; RAM G.Skill Trident Z 3200Mhz (4 x 8GB); GPU ASUS GTX 1080 Ti ROG Strix Gaming OC; Case Be Quiet Dark Base 900 Pro Silver; Storage Samsung 960 EVO 500GB, Samsung 850 EVO 1TB, Seagate Barracuda 4TB; PSU EVGA Supernova 850W G2; OS Windows 10; KB Corsair K70 (MX Brown); Audio O2 & ODAC, Sennheiser HD 600, Sennheiser RS 185, Swan M200MKIII; Monitors 2x Dell U2410

Previous Build

CPU Intel Core i5 4690K; Cooler Cooler Master Hyper 212X; MB Asus Z97-A; RAM G.Skill Sniper (2 x 4GB); GPU 2x Gigabyte GeForce GTX 970 G1 Gaming (SLI); Case Corsair Obsidian 450D; Storage Samsung 840 EVO 120GB, WD Black 1TB, Hitachi 750GB; PSU EVGA Supernova 750W G2; OS Windows 10; 

No, I need more graphical horsepower.

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

For the most part yes but I wish it could render video faster. I'm tempted to try overclocking my CPU to see if that makes a difference, my motherboard does support more powerful CPUs but it would be quite an expensive upgrade at this point.

I'm not my builds almost all I could want but my GTX670 bottlenecks me from some games being maxed out.

Intel core i7 4790k @ 4.6 ghz 1.24v

Kingston Hyper X White DDR3 1866 8x2 16GB

Corsair H105 w/ Noctua NF-F12 x2

Case fans: 3x Noctua NF-A14

Fractal Design Define R4

Gigabyte GTX670 OC

ASUS Essence STX

Thinking either the GTX980 or waiting for its successor.

My computer is so old that I can only run old games at low graphics settings but soon I will be getting a new computer and I will be happy. Hopefully

PC technology is 'almost there'.

For gaming,

We need a CPU with 8 cores and a high clock speed. ( AMD FX-8 doesn't count. Intel Haswell-E is still too slow. )

We need a single GPU that can run 4K. ( AMD 295 X2 doesn't count, it suffers from frame-time lag just like multi-GPU setups. )

We need an IPS-like monitor with TN-like response time and 120/144 Hz. ( Over-clocked Korean monitors don't count, they're too unstable. )

Intel has to re-engineer Hyper-Threading. It is way too unstable for gaming.