PSN, Windows Live & 2K Games hacked - Accounts and passwords leaked

lubblig

psn-hacked.jpg

EDIT: THIS MAY ALL BE FAKE, READ IT AND DECIDE FOR YOURSELVES. THE INFO IS OUT THERE SO BE CAREFUL BUT IF YOU READ HERE, THIS WHOLE THING IS PROBABLY FAKE. SO I'M SORRY FOR THE POSSIBLE MISINFORMATION BUT JUST TO BE SAFE, THERE IS NO HARM IN CHANGING YOUR PASSWORDS RIGHT NOW UNTIL THE COMPANIES INVOLVED RELEASES AN OFFICIAL STATEMENT. (Just in case the it's true, better safe than sorry.)

In April 2011 Sony’s Playstation Network was hacked. Sony took down their servers for quite some time to rebuild and make them “safer”. Now in 2014, it has happened again. The Playstation Network along with 2K Games and Windows Live seems to have been hacked by the hacker group DerpTrolling and they claim to have 7 million logins and 500 000 credit card information.

Updated: Several folks are saying the leaked data looks fake. To be safe, however, you might as well change your passwords.

To prove they're serious, DerpTrolling leaked the usernames and passwords for 2,131 PSN users; 1,473 Windows Live users; and 2,000 2K Games users on pastebin.

The list on pastebin: http://pastebin.com/WVzviPyp

EDIT: The list only contains 2131 PSN accounts, 1473 Windows Live accounts and 2000 2K Games accounts. As proof. Which, still is bad enough...

HCvwD9e.png?1

My thoughts on this are that we shouldn’t give the group more attention than I already have, just acknowledge that it has happened, change your passwords, don’t use the same passwords for every site and use two factor authentication as much as possible. The normal stuff really. Nothing new, this is all I can really say about the matter right now.

SOURCE: http://lifehacker.com/psn-and-windows-live-allegedly-hacked-change-your-pass-1661580605

Spoiler

System:

i5 3570k @ 4.4 GHz, MSI Z77A-G43, Dominator Platinum 1600MHz 16GB (2x8GB), EVGA GTX 980ti 6GB, CM HAF XM, Samsung 850 Pro 256GB + Some WD Red HDD, Corsair RM850 80+ Gold, Asus Xonar Essence STX, Windows 10 Pro 64bit

PCPP:

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/znZqcf

Good news. 

Steam FTW.

Not really, a lot of people has the same logins for their PSN and steam account. You can log in with PSN on Steam. Also, accounts leaked is never a good thing imo.

Spoiler

System:

i5 3570k @ 4.4 GHz, MSI Z77A-G43, Dominator Platinum 1600MHz 16GB (2x8GB), EVGA GTX 980ti 6GB, CM HAF XM, Samsung 850 Pro 256GB + Some WD Red HDD, Corsair RM850 80+ Gold, Asus Xonar Essence STX, Windows 10 Pro 64bit

PCPP:

7 milion.... that's like half The Netherlands....

Not really, a lot of people has the same logins for their PSN and steam account. You can log in with PSN on Steam. Also, accounts leaked is never a good thing imo.

If only they'd played games on PC.

Done CTRL+F and entered my name and some results came up and I nearly had a heart attack haha. Nothing of mine is there though, thank god. (Yes I know "oh you aren't affected that means everything is ok yadda yadda yadda")

Why are Sony being targeted?

I found nothing of mine on the list of credentials.

Yeah, I added that to the original post, it's "only" a couple of thousand accounts in the pastebin, they haven't leaked the entire thing. They just want to prove it I guess. I couldn't find my stuff either. But some people are pointing out that they think its fake, but I guess we just have to wait and see..

Spoiler

System:

PCPP:

Again?

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

If only they'd played games on PC.

But still, a leak is never a good leak (when we are talking online accounts at least)

PCMASTERRACE ;)

Spoiler

System:

PCPP:

Some of you guys missed the part of the post where they included Windows Live and 2K Games being hacked... The title of the post is also a little misleading, only including PSN.

Let's wait for some confirmations from those 3.

Non of mine yet, though I don't use PSN any more anyway. I'm honestly surprised by the amount of people that have used a randomly generated password, though there would be a lot less. Then again it's only a small sample size.

Yeah, I added that to the original post, it's "only" a couple of thousand accounts in the pastebin, they haven't leaked the entire thing. They just want to prove it I guess. I couldn't find my stuff either. But some people are pointing out that they think its fake, but I guess we just have to wait and see..

I tried to login with a few accounts and they don't seem to work.

Done CTRL+F and entered my name and some results came up and I nearly had a heart attack haha. Nothing of mine is there though, thank god. (Yes I know "oh you aren't affected that means everything is ok yadda yadda yadda")

Haha, I did the same, the first couple of letters worked and I started panicking but then it wasn't there so yeah.. But still changing my passwords all over the web (no they are not the same :P )

Spoiler

System:

PCPP:

I call bullshit, I checked a dozen accounts, nothing matched. Plus looking through the list, a lot of those accounts don't meet the requirement to actually work as an account (ie: too short of a password).

The password min character limit is 8 and alot of those passwords are less then eight.  Bullshit.

Some of you guys missed the part of the post where they included Windows Live and 2K Games being hacked... The title of the post is also a little misleading, only including PSN.

Let's wait for some confirmations from those 3.

Fixed, sorry about that.. My first post on the News section, tried to do everything as good as I could. ;)

Spoiler

System:

PCPP:

I call bullshit, I checked a dozen accounts, nothing matched. Plus looking through the list, a lot of those accounts don't meet the requirement to actually work as an account (ie: too short of a password).

Yes, I kind of think so too. I have seen some emails starting with www. too. It kind of seems like bullshit but I kind of thought better safe than sorry. So if there is someone on the forum who is just like me and wants to protect themselves even though this may be a complete scam by the group, than why not post it? Changing your password once in a while isn't a bad thing anyway.

Spoiler

System:

PCPP:

ye lucky me too :D

Probably another sad individual looking for attention by creating fake lists and claiming they've "hacked" this and that. 

You are probably right, it didn't seem quite like it when I saw the article at first but after posting this and looking more into the pastebin list that seems more and more likely to be the case.

Spoiler

System:

PCPP:

I do have one 2k game (The original Borderlands) and I don't think I registered to that crap but if I did fuck it: You can fuck it have my copy of that shit anyway.

-------

Current Rig

-------

By windows live do they mean all Microsoft accounts?

if you want to annoy me, then join my teamspeak server ts.benja.cc

Probably another sad individual looking for attention by creating fake lists and claiming they've "hacked" this and that.

Hey guys, have you seen this completely unrelated, off-topic picture of a company logo not related to this news at all? Can I at least get easy likes? Please?

Welcome to LTT, enjoy your circlejerk. We're just as good as PCMR now.

To the leaked nonsense, I checked all my accounts. I noticed nothing, I also noticed that some of these don't even fit the bloody password requirements that PSN, MS have. So bullshit. Also, this seems like a cobbled list of old and recent phishing attack info and not some back.

Also, fuck these guys. Hacking and releasing accounts to send a message? Eh? Can Anonymous turn their cannons on these guys and rip them a new asshole or something? How does doing this benefit anyone?

Idiotic children.

Hell Yeah, they banned me from PSN so they fucking deserve it. :P

What did you do?