Will Microsoft backpedal with the XBone

WhatARoaster

So, there's the XBone showcase a bit later at E3, and after Sony just destroyed Microsoft on a few issues (always on/drm/price).

Do you think that microsoft may take 5 minutes to change a few things, announce them, and try and save their ass?

I'm just a soul who is up to no good.

No.

CPU: i5 4430 PSU: XFX 550w Ram: 8gb Patriot Viper 1600mhz

Motherboard: MSI H87M-G43 Case: Fractal Design Define R4

SSD: 840 Evo 250gb, 512gb MX100 GPU: MSI GTX 980TI Gaming Cooler: Hyper 212 Evo

Backpedal after releasing their "official" stance on the console's policy's last week?  I highly doubt it.

Current Rig: i5 3570K @ 4.2 GHz, Corsair H100i, Asus Maximus V Gene, Asus GTX 970 Turbo, Patriot Viper Black Mamba 8 GB DDR-3 1600 (2x4GB), Sandisk 120 GB SSD + Seagate 500 GB HDD + WD Blue 1 TB HDD, XFX 750W Black Edition, Corsair 350D - https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/b/cbxrxr

the pricing will probably change. the $499 was for a direct purchase but I see something done like the 360 last year where the subscription to xbox live will subsidize the purchase

They will "remain convinced" that their "marketing strategy" is "appealing to gamers" until they take a beating in holiday sales. Massive companies just do not understand consumers. They think they do. Another E3 announcement points to this. EA began to address Origin shortcomings but then stated they feel Origin is successful based on the number of installs. Well, when you make games that require Origin then you should realize that installs aren't really a measure of success, it's just a measure of how willing consumers are to become sheeple just to play a game. Sure, EA isn't Microsoft, but nearly all of the big names in tech seem to consistently misread consumers.

I worked for HP for a few years and they pull this non-sense, too. I don't know if market research companies are just unwilling to tell these companies the truth for fear or losing future contracts or what, but it's clear to me that what consumers are saying is often ignored or completely misinterpreted. It would be humorous if it didn't bring so many bad products, pricing schemes and policies to our homes.

They already did. Its called the xbone.

Life is pain. Anyone who says any different is either selling something or the government.

----CPU: FX-6300 @ 4.2ghz----COOLER: Hyper 212 EVO----MOBO: MSI 970A-G46----PSU: OCZ 600watt----CASE: Black Corsair C70----GPU: Sapphire 7870 dual fan ghz edtion----2 random HDD'S----A couple fans here and there. Mouse: Gigabyte M6900-------Keyboard: Logitech G105-----Mousepad: Steel series something something.

Highly doub that they will Change their strategy , but yeah ps4 will murder the one unless microsoft give you 10 free games or lower their price to $200 and even then.

Interested in Business and Technology

This is microsoft the ones who tried to appease windows 8 haters my giving you a token start button.

No they won't backpedal 

Like E-Sports? Check out the E-Sports forum for competitive click click pew pew

Like Anime? Check out Heaven Society the forums local Anime club

I was only living because it was too much trouble to die.

R9 7950x | RTX4090

They won't then they will perish into the abyss of the shitty consoles 

Asus M5A99X Evo  - AMD FX-8350 - 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1866Mhz - Corsair 120mm Quiet Edition Fans BenQ XL2411Z- EVGA GTX 980 Superclocked Fractal Design Define R4 - Corsair H100i - 2 TB 7200rpm HDD - Samsung 840 Evo 120GB - Corsair RM750w PSU - Logitech G502 Proteus Core - Corsair K70 RGB MX Red - Audio Technica M50x + Modmic 4.0 - LG 23EA63V x2

Spinthat Spinthat Spinthat Spinthat

I don't see them changing the $499 price tag at launch. But they may bundle extra free games with it. Still won't buy a console this gen though

Main rig: i7 3770K @ 4.54, Sapphire R9 290, Sabertooth Z77, 16 GB Mushkin Redline 2133, Lian Li PC-P50R, Seasonic 860xp Platinum, Kingston Hyper X 3K 240GB

freeNAS server: AMD Athlon II 170u 20W, 5 x 3TB WD Red in raid-z1 (12 TB)

media centre: AMD A10-5700, crucial M4 (boot), running XBMC,4 x 3TB WD Red, 3 x 3TB WD green + 2TB green in FlexRAID (17 TB)

There are a lot of people who are Xbox fanboys and will stick to that brand... - even though the PS4 is better there will most definitely be a LOT of people still buying the Xbox One.

So many things I could write here... things like this.

no, they won't change anything unless the product isn't selling. if you don't like it, don't buy it, it is the most powerful message you can send to a company like microsoft, once they have your money they dont care what complaints you have.

PC Builder, Engineer... BACON    Project Cobalt: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/38058-project-cobalt-copper-piping-laser-etching-and-more/#entry489258

| NZXT Switch 810 | i5-3570k | gigabyte UD-5H | Corsair Vengeance 8gb ram | GTX 670 | 2x 60gb intel 330 series ssd's in raid 0 | 1tb seagate barracuda hdd | Corsair tx750m | XSPC razor GPU and CPU waterblocks | XSPC d5 vario pump | Thermochill Pa140.3 | phoyba 280mm radiator | Chromed Copper tubing |

i feel they will soon have to release a "slim" version, that is on a budget and has improvements. you are all forgetting that the first gen 360 wasnt too great either. but Sony definitely has them this gen.

CPU: i5 3570K @4.5GHz    GPU: R9 290   MOBO: ASUS p8z77-v  RAM: 8Gb corsair vengence   CASE: ARC MIDI  PSU: XFX pro 550W  HDD: 2tb segate baracuda

They'll stand but they'll be able to make offers with other companies to make bundles and stuff. They have the money to do so. Wouldn't be surprised if they were desperate enough to do something with Infinity Ward and Activision.

"And yet my mind is screaming, provoked in an icy sweat. It’s pleading and begging for a release, scraping the walls of a padded cell, pounding hopelessly at the floors that won’t even deliver the gift of pain."  - Why I Don't Dream Anymore

They'll stand but they'll be able to make offers with other companies to make bundles and stuff. They have the money to do so. Wouldn't be surprised if they were desperate enough to do something with Infinity Ward and Activision.

they already have some kind of partnership with ea for all the sports game, Just think 2 of the worst companies collaborating.

LOL it maybe a conspiracy by microsoft to build a console that will piss off everyone so people will eventually go to pc gaming, only thing that stands from this being true is the ps4

There's a surprisingly large amount of 13 year olds who'd love to buy the new Xbox because the last one was cool. These aren't the people who watch anything about the console before its release, but buy it anyway when it's available.

These people there are many of. I have no doubt that Microsoft will sell a fair number of Xbones, but if it's enough for them to yet again dodge the awful "maybe we should pay attention to the world outside" bullet, I don't know.

There's a surprisingly large amount of 13 year olds who'd love to buy the new Xbox because the last one was cool. These aren't the people who watch anything about the console before its release, but buy it anyway when it's available.

These people there are many of. I have no doubt that Microsoft will sell a fair number of Xbones, but if it's enough for them to yet again dodge the awful "maybe we should pay attention to the world outside" bullet, I don't know.

The core market for the 360 was gamers way over the age of 18, These people may see the xbone for what it is and not buy a ps4 instead.

----Ryzen R9 5900X----X570 Aorus elite----Vetroo V5----240GB Kingston HyperX 3k----Samsung 250GB EVO840----512GB Kingston Nvme----3TB Seagate----4TB Western Digital Green----8TB Seagate----32GB Patriot Viper 4 3200Mhz CL 16 ----Power Color Red dragon 5700XT----Fractal Design R4 Black Pearl ----Corsair RM850w----

Their DRM stance won't change, however I believe that their always on might. 

I also believe that Microsoft won't change the price however just sweeten the pot, IE Year of Live Gold, some more free games etc. 

Main Rig: i5 760 @ 4.0GHZ Asus p7p55d-e, 8GB Corsair Vengance @ 1600 Mhz. Samsung BX2231 X 3 (5760x1080)

EVGA GTX 680 Superclocked +150/+500, 128GB Crucial M4, 1TB WD Black

Xonar DX, AudioEngine A2, Astro Mixamp, AudioTechnica ath-m50 & ath-ad700

They'll stand by their vision. If it still sells, there's no need to change anything. If they struggle after launch, they could revise it then.

So, there's the XBone showcase a bit later at E3, and after Sony just destroyed Microsoft on a few issues (always on/drm/price).

Do you think that microsoft may take 5 minutes to change a few things, announce them, and try and save their ass?

nobecause lots of people will buy it no matter what it is

I don't think they will. I will still be getting the XBOX one because there are more games on the new platform that interest me. Forza Mototsport 5, Sunset Overdrive, Titanfall ( I don't remember if it's an XBOX exclusive ), Ryse: Son of Rome, Quantum Break, Project Spark, Dead Rising 3, and Minecraft XBOX One Edition. Also the PS4 will have some exclusives that interest me like a console version of Planetside 2, Infamous: Second Son, and Killzone Shadowfall. The only positive sides for getting the PS4 that I can think of are the price and less expensive multiplayer capabilities ( PS Plus ). I might get the PS4 after a year from the launch because not that many PS4 exclusives and other games interest me or I might just build my own PC for gaming and use the $399 towards the PC

"You Can't Buy Happiness, But You Can Buy Horsepower, And That's Kind of The Same Thing."

They'll back pedal when Balmer gets the fuck out of Microsoft.

Oh, so that'll be never then.

steve-ballmer.jpg