AMD The Future Of Compute

Opcode

Source / Live Blog

Join AMD Red Team member, Brian Chong, as he live blogs the keynotes from AMD Future of Compute on November 20th from 2-7pm SGT. Also follow #FutureofCompute on Twitter. 

1416464176433022.jpg

KEYNOTES DAY 1

• Keynote 1 - APJ : Unlocked Potential
  • Keynote 2 - HSA : Changing the Way We Work and Play
  • Keynote 3 - True Meaning of Compute Capabilities
  • Keynote 4 - New Frontiers in Energy Efficieny
  • Keynote 5 - Thriving in a Mobile First, Cloud First World
  • Keynote 6 - AMD Vision of Graphics & Gaming

KEYNOTES DAY 2

• ??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I6zX2IqBI7A

I can't wait for the disappointment!

-The Bellerophon- Obsidian 550D-i5-3570k@4.5Ghz -Asus Sabertooth Z77-16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866Mhz-x2 EVGA GTX 760 Dual FTW 4GB-Creative Sound Blaster XF-i Titanium-OCZ Vertex Plus 120GB-Seagate Barracuda 2TB- https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/60154-the-not-really-a-build-log-build-log/ Twofold http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/121043-twofold-a-dual-itx-system/ How great is EVGA? http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/110662-evga-how-great-are-they/#entry1478299

If Linus isn't flying there its not new video cards.

Spoiler

Corsair 400C- Intel i7 6700- Gigabyte Gaming 6- GTX 1080 Founders Ed. - Intel 530 120GB + 2xWD 1TB + Adata 610 256GB- 16GB 2400MHz G.Skill- Evga G2 650 PSU- Corsair H110- ASUS PB278Q- Dell u2412m- Logitech G710+ - Logitech g700 - Sennheiser PC350 SE/598se

Is it just me or is Grammar slowly becoming extinct on LTT? 

I hope it's more firepro cards!

I don't think it's devoted to GPU's I mean you can see a Cooler Master bag sitting on one of the tables...

Oh god. Not more disappointing CPUs that can't catch up to Intel...

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

If Linus isn't flying there its not new video cards.

I don't think it's devoted to GPU's I mean you can see a Cooler Master bag sitting on one of the tables...

Never say never. Even Linus can't afford Nvidia's, AMD's, and Intel's shiniest, most expensive toys.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

First of all, Carrizo is so far showing some strength against Westmere and SandyBridge. Second, AMD is headed for heterogeneous. This could be the launch of new HSA-compliant Opterons, a new breeds of FirePro card, maybe FPGAs, ASICs. Who knows?

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

I hope it's more firepro cards!

The North America release this time. 

Spoiler

Corsair 400C- Intel i7 6700- Gigabyte Gaming 6- GTX 1080 Founders Ed. - Intel 530 120GB + 2xWD 1TB + Adata 610 256GB- 16GB 2400MHz G.Skill- Evga G2 650 PSU- Corsair H110- ASUS PB278Q- Dell u2412m- Logitech G710+ - Logitech g700 - Sennheiser PC350 SE/598se

Is it just me or is Grammar slowly becoming extinct on LTT? 

The North America release this time. 

We already have those firepro cards.

With an ASUS consumer GPU box inside. ( from the looks of it) 

They probably won't catch up to intel for awhile. But they'll probably gain some ground with excavator.

But never the less my hopes are none existance because of pretty much every other event in 2014.

Computing enthusiast. 
I use to be able to input a cheat code now I've got to input a credit card - Total Biscuit

Singapore?! Have not heard of this

i7-4790k | Asus Z97i-Plus     | Kingston HyperX Fury 16gb | MX100 256gb     | Seidon 120XL | Silverstone SFX 600w Gold | Node 304 White
G3258    | Asus Z97i-Plus     | Kingston HyperX Fury 16gb | 4 x 3TB WD Reds | Seidon 120XL | Silverstone SFX 600w Gold | Node 304 Black

i7-965EE | Rampage II Extreme | Kingston HyperX Fury 16gb | CM M2 700w | Sapphire Nitro 380 4GB

Nah it's not that... Its probably a rebranding lol

-------

Current Rig

-------

We already have those firepro cards.

With an ASUS consumer GPU box inside. ( from the looks of it) 

They probably won't catch up to intel for awhile. But they'll probably gain some ground with excavator.

But never the less my hopes are none existance because of pretty much every other event in 2014.

Could be an overview of how Heterogeneous compute is finally here. As rumor is Intel products are to be showed off at the event as well (weird right? Intel at an AMD convention?)

Could be an overview of how Heterogeneous compute is finally here. As rumor is Intel products are to be showed off at the event as well (weird right? Intel at an AMD convention?)

Well given Intel saw the writing on the wall and pushed unified memory into Broadwell, i would;t be surprised if this is an OpenCL 2.0 launch event, which nvidia snubbed because they, Qualcomm, and Imagination Technologies are all late to the party as usual.

Yeah, I hope it has something to do with Heterogeneous compute. Maybe throw in some carrizo performance as well. But it wouldn't be too far off to get maybe a paper launch of a few products.

Well given Intel saw the writing on the wall and pushed unified memory into Broadwell, i would;t be surprised if this is an OpenCL 2.0 launch event, which nvidia snubbed because they, Qualcomm, and Imagination Technologies are all late to the party as usual.

What do we know about OpenCl 2.0 right now? 

Computing enthusiast. 
I use to be able to input a cheat code now I've got to input a credit card - Total Biscuit

We'll get a general understanding in about 90 minutes. Hopefully it's bigger than the FirePro launch not long ago.

What do we know about OpenCl 2.0 right now? 

See here.

Better be something good AMD, NO MORE APU CRAP, please

How are APU's crap? 

if you want to annoy me, then join my teamspeak server ts.benja.cc