Toyota's new hydrogen sedan will be on sale next year for $57,500, free fuel for 3 years

Aniallation

Other than the ass, I don't mind it. Then again, I have been around Toyotas my entire life, seeing as my dad work for them and we have two in the family (2013 Land Cruiser, 2013 Avalon.)

2013-toyota-avalon-hybrid-xle-front-end-

Am I the only one who thinks this is pretty? (sans Hybrid of course)

Lots of Toyotas are good looking.

GdueKzN.jpg

toyota+2000gt+autoart.jpg

RS watanabes on a 2000gt? Hell yeah!

f5Zt2hI.jpg

2mxUrnm.jpg

2015-toyota-4runner-tundra-tacoma-trd-pr

To be fair, that's not production. The Toyota is a production car. If concepts, how about this? I know I'm taking it into a different genre, but why not?

2014_Toyota_FT-1_Concept_NAIASb.jpg

... I just came ... 

The Ft1 is seriously one of the most jaw-dropping cars of the decade  the century forever

Imagine that car with the 1LR in it  :o Excuse me, I'm going to change my pants

Serisouly, Toyota, stop making all these sexy concept cars!

lgSCKXa.jpg

hvU0i4g.jpg

I done been through a whole lot. Trial, tribulations, but I know God - Kendrick Lamar

I question your mother's upbringing if you don't like me - Action Bronson

You apocalyptic dingleberry - James 'Captain Slow' May

Other than the ass, I don't mind it. Then again, I have been around Toyotas my entire life, seeing as my dad work for them and we have two in the family (2013 Land Cruiser, 2013 Avalon.)

2013-toyota-avalon-hybrid-xle-front-end-

Am I the only one who thinks this is pretty? (sans Hybrid of course)

You must hand in your jalop card now.

"You Can't Buy Happiness, But You Can Buy Horsepower, And That's Kind of The Same Thing."

You must hand in your jalop card now.

Considering you can't pry it out of my cold dead hands, does it count that I also like the following:

100_0489.jpg

68-Camaro-SS-396-37.jpg

modern-alfa-romeo-disco-volante-revealed

i410744.jpg

Mercedes-Benz-SLS_AMG_Black_Series_2014_

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

Is this going to be a new trim level? Because I test driven a Honda Civic Hydrogen back in 2009, the only problem I had was the long refueling time and finding a refueling station.

Considering you can't pry it out of my cold dead hands, does it count that I also like the following:

100_0489.jpg

68-Camaro-SS-396-37.jpg

modern-alfa-romeo-disco-volante-revealed

i410744.jpg

Mercedes-Benz-SLS_AMG_Black_Series_2014_

I like the new Avalon and the way the new Corolla looks, so I shouldn't really be talking.

"You Can't Buy Happiness, But You Can Buy Horsepower, And That's Kind of The Same Thing."

Interesting tech, but I get this feeling that hydrogen isn't going to be viable. Just the process of converting it requires more energy than it produces. 

I'll stick with Solar Panels and a Tesla made car. :D

Actually, water to hydrogen requires the same amount of energy produced by hydrogen + oxygen to water. 

The best option is to use renewable energy like hydro to electrolyse water into hydrogen. The water makes it back to the environment when it's recombined by the fuel cell car. Right now, natural gas is being used, but it's not sustainable. 

The problem with hydrogen isn't production, it's storage. Pressurized gas tanks (painful process to pressurize) or liquid hydrogen (painful to liquefy). 

That said, electric cars are more logical, as it takes advantage of existing grid infrastructure. Fuel cell cars will need hydrogen refueling stations to be built as densely as gas stations, or include a hydrogen portion in gas stations. Suffice to say that oil/gas companies might take issue with that. 

Interested in Linux, SteamOS and Open-source applications? Go here

Gaming Rig - CPU: i5 3570k @ Stock | GPU: EVGA Geforce 560Ti 448 Core Classified Ultra | RAM: Mushkin Enhanced Blackline 8GB DDR3 1600 | SSD: Crucial M4 128GB | HDD: 3TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB WD Caviar Black, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Case: Antec Lanboy Air | KB: Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Blue | Mouse: Corsair Vengeance M95 | Headset: Steelseries Siberia V2

Read below, there are more factors in play then "it" just being plentiful. It need to be economical, efficient with power conversion, and have a solid path for advancement. If we look at solar and battery tech, both are improving in experimental phases, we now have solar panels that can collect power even when its extraordinarily cloudy.

I didn't say anything about bolting solar panels onto cars. Solar Panel tech is improving at a pretty nice rate, solar companies like SolarCity(SCTY) and Vivint Solar(VSLR) are taking the lead.

The thing with Hydrogen is converting it requires more energy than it's able to produce right now. It's not a very economical solution, though companies like PLUG are pushing for it. 

EDIT: Oh oh and graphene may play a major roll in future battery tech!

Oh ok, I read that wrong. Solar definitely has a great future in powering homes and small offices.

Lots of Toyotas are good looking.

RS watanabes on a 2000gt? Hell yeah!

... I just came ... 

The Ft1 is seriously one of the most jaw-dropping cars of the decade  the century forever

Imagine that car with the 1LR in it  :o Excuse me, I'm going to change my pants

Serisouly, Toyota, stop making all these sexy concept cars!

*fap* *fap* *fap*

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Toyota. Yuck. Their trucks are shit.

Their trucks are not shit. In fact, they're better than the American trucks.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

EDIT: Oh oh and graphene may play a major roll in future battery tech!

Hopefully future battery tech is all capacitors.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

Their trucks are not shit. In fact, they're better than the American trucks.

Haha. I bet you wish they were. I work upstream in the oil & gas industry. Chevrolet, Ram & Ford is what's used because they are better and more reliable. Toyota is nonexistent.

Haha. I bet you wish they were. I work upstream in the oil & gas industry. Chevrolet, Ram & Ford is what's used because they are better and more reliable. Toyota is nonexistent.

Nah, nah, nah. Those trucks suck up fuel like there's no tomorrow. Toyotas are built for offroad. They got the power for it.

Nah, nah, nah. Those trucks suck up fuel like there's no tomorrow. Toyotas are built for offroad. They got the power for it.

The Toyota Tundra has the worst fuel consumption and worst towing rating among other things compared to the big 3.

The Toyota Tundra has the worst fuel consumption and worst towing rating among other things compared to the big 3.

Yeah right. It's a freaking Japanese truck of course it would have good gas mileage, you probably got an untrustworthy source. Plus, it can still tow a 5th wheel fine.

Actually, water to hydrogen requires the same amount of energy produced by hydrogen + oxygen to water. 

The best option is to use renewable energy like hydro to electrolyse water into hydrogen. The water makes it back to the environment when it's recombined by the fuel cell car. Right now, natural gas is being used, but it's not sustainable. 

The problem with hydrogen isn't production, it's storage. Pressurized gas tanks (painful process to pressurize) or liquid hydrogen (painful to liquefy). 

That said, electric cars are more logical, as it takes advantage of existing grid infrastructure. Fuel cell cars will need hydrogen refueling stations to be built as densely as gas stations, or include a hydrogen portion in gas stations. Suffice to say that oil/gas companies might take issue with that. 

What I meant was the process of putting that energy into a cell is higher than the energy a cell can output. As of now we don't have tons of hydro plants making fuel cells lol. Plus I don't remember correctly but one of the materials used for making the battery cells is really hard to obtain or has some sorta negative effect to the environment. 

Oh ok, I read that wrong. Solar definitely has a great future in powering homes and small offices.

Indeed it does, it's got potential for big business too. New York struck a deal with SolarCity for making a giant solar factory, and the Tesla gigafactory will have its roofing layered with solar panels for autonomous self sufficiency I believe.  

Hopefully future battery tech is all capacitors.

Only time will tell~!

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

Yeah right. It's a freaking Japanese truck of course it would have good gas mileage, you probably got an untrustworthy source. Plus, it can still tow a 5th wheel fine.

To be fair you should probably pull a source for your claims of it being as good as it is. 

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

Guys, please don't do this.... 

I done been through a whole lot. Trial, tribulations, but I know God - Kendrick Lamar

Guys, please don't do this.... 

Their not fighting so it's all good. I just think they should post relevant sourced information for this. 

Their not fighting so it's all good. I just think they should post relevant sourced information for this. 

Have you seen terrytek when he gets rolling though? ... And he gets really "passionate" when it comes to Japanese cars

The first time I saw him on the forum he was arguing with another dude about the same topic (American vs Japanese). It was like a 6 pages of them going back and forth

Kinda counter-productive and irrelevant.

I agree with Terry on this, but I think everyone can have their own opinion. 

Have you seen terrytek when he gets rolling though? 

The first time I saw him on the forum he was arguing with another dude about the same topic (American vs Japanese). It was like a 6 pages of them going back and forth

Kinda counter-productive and irrelevant.

I agree with Terry on this, but I think everyone can have their own opinion. 

Let the moderators handle that stuff if it gets out of hand. 

Of course everyone can have their own opinion but facts are facts, and I like seeing facts discussed.

Let the moderators handle that stuff if it gets out of hand. 

Of course everyone can have their own opinion but facts are facts, and I like seeing facts discussed.

Me too, just be sure to back your facts  :)

Too bad it does not have a Wankel engine.

A hydrogen Wankel? lol. Mazda make this now