[Central] Food thread

Go to solution Solved by Mutoh,
51 minutes ago, coolkingler1 said:

None, lol, just the shape (triangular?) resembles it. :P

Its actually just depth perception I think! The piece of fish was cut into a rectangle but the tail of the fish tapers off a bit giving a bit of a triangle look from that angle.

She's... special...

I've not tried that, but now I want spanakopita. You bastard. :P

macedonia_flag_map.png

Spanakopita eh... For me i just don't see spinach and sweet going together, but that's just me... Just like how i don't like "podvarak"

My mom isn't helpful with translating all the time then.

Translating what? Recipes O.o

Also, have you tried this O.o

gibanica1.jpg

If you haven't, go eat it, like now! (you can make it anywhere, it doesn't have any "regional" ingredients :D)

Crap, this thread is making me hungry, and i'm already hungry.........

I'm on a diet, and today i'm supposed to eat only fruits... I'll be having such a nice time...

Spanakopita eh... For me i just don't see spinach and sweet going together, but that's just me... Just like how i don't like "podvarak"

Translating what? Recipes O.o

Also, have you tried this O.o

gibanica1.jpg

If you haven't, go eat it, like now!

Translating words, I'm not fluent in anything but English (really kicking myself over that). For some reason I like the taste of spinach being sweet because I dislike it normally. I haven't had that before because we can't get half decent ingredients in the States to make European food.

How did this thread hit 100 replies in less than an hour????

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

@AlwaysFSX i don't know how i could've forgotten this, but have you ever tried "ajvar" O.o You don't know what you're missing :)

Picked up a few jars last time I was at my grandparents.

Omg I want some on bread right now. 

It was the first thread i saw in the Off Topic section when i logged in and it seemed interesting to me. 

It's food, everybody likes food.

Translating words, I'm not fluent in anything but English (really kicking myself over that). For some reason I like the taste of spinach being sweet because I dislike it normally. I haven't had that before because we can't get half decent ingredients in the States to make European food.

Well, what about your mother/grandmother O.o Do they know Croatian (i'm still guessing you're Croatian)?

It's called "gibanica", you can very easily make it... You only need:

- Dough to make the crust (but i'd pain in the arse to make it by hand, but if you change it a little, then it's easy :D)

- Eggs

- Cheese - I'm talking about this

1203.jpg

Picked up a few jars last time I was at my grandparents.

Omg I want some on bread right now. 

Yeah :D Have you ever tried frying it with eggs O.o It's so delicious :) Or crunching some cheese (the cheese from my picture from previous post) on that piece of bread...

And the best part is that i already have a jar of it, but i can't eat it (diet)... :(

Well, what about your mother/grandmother O.o Do they know Croatian (i'm still guessing you're Croatian)?

It's called "gibanica", you can very easily make it... You only need:

- Dough to make the crust (but i'd pain in the arse to make it by hand, but if you change it a little, then it's easy :D)

- Eggs

- Cheese - I'm talking about this

-snips-

Scroll up and see the flag I posted. :P

The problem is flour and cheese here SUCKS. I have higher standards for making my families foods because it tastes so wrong if the ingredients aren't what they're supposed to be.

Yeah :D Have you ever tried frying it with eggs O.o It's so delicious :) Or crunching some cheese (the cheese from my picture from previous post) on that piece of bread...

And the best part is that i already have a jar of it, but i can't eat it (diet)... :(

First thing I did was make eggs with it. It's the best breakfast ever. I'll take the jar off your hands? :D

Anybody into halloumi? That shit's good grilled.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Anybody into halloumi? That shit's good grilled.

No, but I'll take tulumbe instead.

Scroll up and see the flag I posted. :P

The problem is flour and cheese here SUCKS. I have higher standards for making my families foods because it tastes so wrong if the ingredients aren't what they're supposed to be.

It won't show the picture... :(

I heard about that... My family also has high standards for cheese, but since my father made some connections, he gets a "domestically" made cheese for very cheap (it usually goes for 3-4 times more) :)

First thing I did was make eggs with it. It's the best breakfast ever. I'll take the jar off your hands? :D

I mean like frying them together :D 

Over my dead body :P

Also, a quick question, do you like ajvar spicy or normal O.o

First off, do you even know what halloumi is?

I personally don't like them... Once had them, and i loved them, but i ate so much and puked... Since then i get sick even from smelling them... :(

Here are some pics of my own cooking. 

izuLfS8l.jpg

3eL4O4Vl.jpg

HKxYCREl.jpg

I'm on a diet, and today i'm supposed to eat only fruits... I'll be having such a nice time...

Quoted you because.. Mwhahahahaha

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

I personally don't like them... Once had them, and i loved them, but i ate so much and puked... Since then i get sick even from smelling them... :(

I know that feeling. :lol:

It won't show the picture... :(

I heard about that... My family also has high standards for cheese, but since my father made some connections, he gets a "domestically" made cheese for very cheap (it usually goes for 3-4 times more) :)

I mean like frying them together :D

Over my dead body :P

Also, a quick question, do you like ajvar spicy or normal O.o

Macedonia! :P I do fry them together, I put the ajvar in first for a few seconds then pour eggs in.

Usually I don't mind, but I love spicy ajvar.

First off, do you even know what halloumi is?

I can google it, it sounds tasty.

Macedonia! :P I do fry them together, I put the ajvar in first for a few seconds then pour eggs in.

Halloumi is a type of cheese. A nice firm cheese that doesn't melt on the grill.

I eat vektor. And that's about it.

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

Macedonia eh :D Been there when i went to Greece :D My aunt (strina) was born in Skopje :D

High five man, i also prefer spicy ajvar :D

Halloumi is a type of cheese. A nice firm cheese that doesn't melt on the grill.

It looks a lot like cheese form these parts

1203.jpg

I can see that.