"Five-year-old passes Microsoft exam"

NoNameYet

Errr.... what? Do you know what the MCP is for? It's not necessarily for programming, but mostly for hardware/software technical support. You could pass the MCP and not know a single bit of coding.

Why do you say it like that? Who cares if his father "helped" him? Perhaps the quotations around "help" has made me misinterpret your emphasis on the word?

Anyone can help anyone else study for an exam. The kid had to to do the tests, not his father. If he was able to pass after his father helped him study, then he's still a freaking genius child. I doubt I've ever met a 5-year old that could pass the MCP, even if I helped them study.

Anyway I find this incredibly impressive! Yeah, the MCP isn't exactly the most difficult thing... for an adult (or even an older teenager who has been involved in tech for years)... But for a 5-year old? What? That's insane! Most 5-year old's are still learning that 1+1 does NOT in fact equal cake (I know, it's a shame that it's not true).

I'd bet money that the father gave the kid the questions/answers to memorize and then took the test. That is still impressive by itself, but not as impressive.

I'd bet money that the father gave the kid the questions/answers to memorize and then took the test. That is still impressive by itself, but not as impressive.

True, that's entirely possible. But since the father would not know which exact set of questions will be asked, then the kid must still have enough reasoning and logic skills to determine "approximate" answers, based off of what he learned/memorized from the father.

I say, wait until he's 10 or 15, THEN see where he is. If he's an MCSE by then, then we can all be properly impressed.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

This says one of two things.

1. The tests are beyond simplified to where you just memorized enough to pass.

2. He's good with tech and latched on, like all those 2-5 years old we hear about that can play a musical instrument to perfection.

It's more than likely #1, but I'd like to see where he is a couple years from now so I can determine whether this is something we should be impressed about or we can laugh at Microsoft for having easy tests.

I passed WordStar and Lotus 123 official government certification exam at age 9

This says one of two things.

1. The tests are beyond simplified to where you just memorized enough to pass.

2. He's good with tech and latched on, like all those 2-5 years old we hear about that can play a musical instrument to perfection.

It's more than likely #1, but I'd like to see where he is a couple years from now so I can determine whether this is something we should be impressed about or we can laugh at Microsoft for having easy tests.

The thing is it doesn't say specifically which exam he took. There are many different exams you can take that will grant you the MCP certification and you only need to pass one to get that certification. But yeah, some of the MCP-level exams are very easy (You still have to know what you're talking about, but they're not hard.)

If I had to take a wild guess I'd say he probably took the 70-680: Configuring Windows 7 exam or 70-687: Configuring Windows 8.1. If you go to the "Skills measured" section on those links you can see what the exams cover.

CPU: i7 4790K  RAM: 32 GB 2400 MHz  Motherboard: Asus Z-97 Pro  GPU: GTX 770  SSD: 256 GB Samsung 850 Pro  OS: Windows 8.1 64-bit

Id just like to point out that the MTA exams are multiple choice and its pretty obvious what ones are the correct answer. Im sure if you guessed them all you would pass.  talking about the 70-680... there are MUCH harder Microsoft Certs out there.

Intel I9-9900k (5Ghz) Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula | Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4-4133mhz | ASUS ROG Strix 2080Ti | EVGA Supernova G2 1050w 80+Gold | Samsung 950 Pro M.2 (512GB) + (1TB) | Full EK custom water loop |IN-WIN S-Frame (No. 263/500)

Microsoft Windows is:

1) a Dog

2) an Operating System

3) a Subatomic Particle

4) Love

The answer is 4.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

True, that's entirely possible. But since the father would not know which exact set of questions will be asked, then the kid must still have enough reasoning and logic skills to determine "approximate" answers, based off of what he learned/memorized from the father.

I say, wait until he's 10 or 15, THEN see where he is. If he's an MCSE by then, then we can all be properly impressed.

No, you can literally buy the exact test with the exact questions and answers and memorize them and pass. I know of a few that did it at my school. They were just bad test takers. 

No, you can literally buy the exact test with the exact questions and answers and memorize them and pass. I know of a few that did it at my school. They were just bad test takers. 

You can do that. But it violates the testing rules/agreement that you have to sign and you can be banned from taking any further exams and have your current certifications revoked.

Q.What are "brain dumps," and are they legal? A.

A "brain dump," as it relates to the certification exams, is a source, such as a website, that contains certification exam content that has been fraudulently obtained with the intention to share it with or sell it to exam candidates. The content included in brain dumps is exactly the same or substantially similar to items appearing on the exam. Because the exam content was fraudulently obtained, using this type of material to prepare for or during an exam constitutes cheating. "Brain dump" providers are in violation of Microsoft intellectual property rights and nondisclosure agreements.

The Examinee may be prohibited from taking any Microsoft Certification Exams, and/or may be decertified from Microsoft Certification Program if Microsoft believes the Examinee violated this Exam Agreement and/or engaged in any misconduct. Proctors are authorized to take immediate and appropriate measures against Examinees who violate testing rules. This policy is enforced to ensure the integrity of the Exams and Microsoft Certification Program. Examples of misconduct and/or misuse of the Exam include, but are not limited to, the following:

• Modifying and/or altering the original results/score report for this Exam or any other exam records.

• Violation of the current exam retake policy.

• Fraudulently impersonating another to gain access to the Exam.

• Submission of any work that is not completely your own.

• Providing or accepting improper assistance.

• Using unauthorized materials in an attempt to satisfy Exam requirements (this includes using brain-dump material and/or unauthorized publication of Exam questions with or without answers).

• Disseminating actual Exam content or answers.

• Possession of non-authorized items at the testing center during an Exam.

• Misconduct as determined by statistical analysis.

• Copying, publishing, disclosing, transmitting, selling, offering to sell, posting, downloading, distributing in any way, or otherwise transferring, modifying, making derivative works of, reverse engineering, decompiling, disassembling or translating any Exam in whole or in part, in any form or by any means, verbal or written, electronic or mechanical, for any purpose.

• Using the Exam content in any manner that violates applicable law.

CPU: i7 4790K  RAM: 32 GB 2400 MHz  Motherboard: Asus Z-97 Pro  GPU: GTX 770  SSD: 256 GB Samsung 850 Pro  OS: Windows 8.1 64-bit

Made me chuckle, I always liked the dog more than clippy :)

the dog aint got nothin on mah clippy

angry-baby.jpg

Space Journal #1: So Apparently i  was dropped on the moon like i'm a mars rover, in a matter of hours i have found the transformers on the dark side of the moon. Turns out its not that dark since dem robots are filled with lights, i waved hi to the Russians on the space station, turns out all those stories about space finding humans instead of the other way around is true(soviet Russia joke). They threw me some Heineken beer and I've been sitting staring at the people of this forum and earth since. 

Microsoft Windows is:

1) a Dog

2) an Operating System

3) a Subatomic Particle

4) Love

5) shit :D

Computer users fall into two groups:
those that do backups
those that have never had a hard drive fail.

You can do that. But it violates the testing rules/agreement that you have to sign and you can be banned from taking any further exams and have your current certifications revoked.

That doesn't mean that isn't exactly what happened. If it isn't, the kid took an easy test. 

insert jealous comment here xD

good for him, probably just indicates that the tests are pretty easy for someone who has dealt with computers for a bit of time

Not to be racist, but he looks like an Indian tech support guy already.

_78992755_ayan.jpg

It's both cute and uncanny/creepy.

You are being racist you dipsh*t.

Please fix font colour :3 Hard for the night themers.

so true.

Watch out for each other. Love everyone and forgive everyone, including yourself. Forgive your anger, forgive your guilt. Your shame. Your sadness. Embrace and open up your love, your joy, your truth, and most especially your heart. 
-Jim Hensen

those tests are pretty damn easy to pass.

im 17 (give or take official age is unknown but im legally 15, )

did hardcore drugs for 3~4 years so im about as smart as a five year old.

can pass some of the average tests no problem.

Watch out for each other. Love everyone and forgive everyone, including yourself. Forgive your anger, forgive your guilt. Your shame. Your sadness. Embrace and open up your love, your joy, your truth, and most especially your heart. 
-Jim Hensen

You are being racist you dipsh*t.

thats not racist,

pulling your eyes into slits and going CHING PHONG WANG CHING CHONG isnt racist either.

doing either of those to discriminate is racist, or making fun of them is racist.

simply mentioning it as a joke isnt.

(just my personal opinion, but i am kindof a mutt, so i have very open opinions)

-Jim Hensen

Some guys here are just exceptionally salty that a 5 year old did anything of interest and fame. What was I doing at 5 years of age?

Games. Mostly. Or sleep. Those were difficult times.

Even if he had prior access to an exam, he would still have to memorize the damn thing and recall it. Hardly easy. I did that for one of my "not gonna name it finals" and it's all fun and games to memorize answers, it's a different thing (in my case) to memorize 80 MC questions, short answer and long answer for a 2 hour final.

Some people are just too miserable to let a 5 year old have his cake and eat it too. Good on the kid for having a interest in anything, cause at his age 99% of kids aren't interested in shit.

Some guys here are just exceptionally salty that a 5 year old did anything of interest and fame. What was I doing at 5 years of age?

Games. Mostly. Or sleep. Those were difficult times.

Even if he had prior access to an exam, he would still have to memorize the damn thing and recall it. Hardly easy. I did that for one of my "not gonna name it finals" and it's all fun and games to memorize answers, it's a different thing (in my case) to memorize 80 MC questions, short answer and long answer for a 2 hour final.

Some people are just too miserable to let a 5 year old have his cake and eat it too. Good on the kid for having a interest in anything, cause at his age 99% of kids aren't interested in shit.

Yeah half of the responses here are disgusting. At 5-years old, most of us were still learning to read and write and do basic math like addition and subtraction.

JUST TO PUT THIS IN PERSPECTIVE, GENTS, THIS KID WOULD BE IN KINDERGARTEN! (For those members who's countries don't have Kindergarten, it's the grade BEFORE Grade 1 of primary school).

So in fact, most of us would still be learning our letters, and only a very few would have moved on to math of any kind.

No matter HOW he passed the exams, this kid is off to a good fucking start. Even if his father somehow managed to get an exact copy of the test, and the kid just memorized the answers, that's still damn impressive, since that's an incredible memory recall for a 5-year old

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

thats not racist,

pulling your eyes into slits and going CHING PHONG WANG CHING CHONG isnt racist either.

doing either of those to discriminate is racist, or making fun of them is racist.

simply mentioning it as a joke isnt.

(just my personal opinion, but i am kindof a mutt, so i have very open opinions)

Your opinions contradict themselves. Why don't you make some constructive comments instead of stereotypical comments. You can always keep these "opinions" to yourself.

( If you still didn't get how u contradict urself, what are jokes made for? for fun)

This disgusts me to my bones, (especially when ur stereotyping a small child) hence the reaction. Else I usually don't bother.

Impressive, when I was five I could barely read or write. We need to support these kids who are interested in computers or tech, because schools still don't teach younger children programming or computer sciences

CPU: Intel 3770k Cooling: Corsair H100i Motherboard: MSI Z77 MPower Memory: 2x4gb Corsair 1600 ddr3 GPU: Sapphire 6950 2gb with reference Cooler PSU: XFX pro 650w Case: Corsair Carbide 500r Storage: Crucial M4 128GB, 2x Samsung 1TB, 1x Seagate 2TB

CPU: Pentium 4 Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-8SGXL Memory: 2GB ddr Storage: 250GB IDE OS: FreeBSD

Microsoft Windows is:

1) a Dog

2) an Operating System

3) a Subatomic Particle

4) Love

5) Both 2 and 4 are correct

All of that and he still might be reduced to "Did you try turning it off and on?" At least he isn't a toddler with an iphone.

Not to be racist, but he looks like an Indian tech support guy already.

_78992755_ayan.jpg

It's both cute and uncanny/creepy.

How would that be racist in any way?

How would that be racist in any way?

Racism might not be the right word here but ever heard of stereotyping? Not fun when you're on the other side of the fence. It's better to not make these kinds of comments in the first place and rather make any constructive comments if you have any. That is how you keep the forums healthy.