How hard did you cringe?

TheMail

Yea but for the price the hardware is way too shitty, and the software on it is probably a poorly written one that probably crashes if you move the mouse in the wrong direction

probably? so you don't know?

i doubt it, this is a linux distro. bear in mind moving to linux often brings a great performance increase for low end systems. so...

probably? so you don't know?

i doubt it, this is a linux distro. bear in mind moving to linux often brings a great performance increase for low end systems. so...

But does that justify the price tag? I know old people don't need a quadcore with a high end gpu, which is why this product doesn't warrant the price tag. The hardware is very lowend and even then the programming shouldn't cost so much making 1k.

Corsair 600T White | Gigabyte Z77-UD3H | Intel Core i5-2500k | 8GB Gskill Ares@1600MHz | Gigabyte G1 GTX970 | OCZ ZT 550 | Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB | Samsung 840 EVO 250GB (boot) | Full Custom Loop | NZXT HUE

That could be so much cheaper really...

I bet for 400 bucks you could have a better PC - just Windows and stuff, make it custom and shit.

Just make easy buttons and away you go - no need to charge 1 grand for some piece of garbage that has specs twice the needs.

So many things I could write here... things like this.

2.99*10^8

"Don't make a girl a promise, if you know you can't keep it" | "Didn't you hear? Spartans never die."

-Gaming- FX 8150 @ 4.2GHz, HD 7870 Tahiti LE 2GB @ 1.1GHz, ASRock 990FX Extreme3, 8GB DDR3 1333 MHz, WIndows 10, Custom Watercooled, NZXT Switch 810

-Audio Editing/Mixing- Mac Mini Late 2014, Core i7 3.5Ghz, 8GB RAM, 2TB Fusion Drive, OSX 10.12 El Captain -Phone- HTC One M7 32GB

AMD Radeon 7870 Gigabyte OC / Intel i5 3570k / ASrock Z77 Pro4 /Samsung 840 EVO 250GB / WD Blue 500GB 7200rpm / Kingston HyperX T1 2x4GB 1600mhz / SeaSonic 520w M12 / Thermaltake v4 Black

My rank scale of 1-10 seems to be broken. it just displays error rank value 9999

dat photoshoping work is frickin terrible

Character artist in the Games industry.

My parents probably would buy that no matter how much I told them other wise -_-

The price on this is not that far out.  You cannot just look at the individual specs on the thing.  You have to look at

1 -  Its a touch screen monitor.  This is not a 90 dollar LCD guys.  

2 -  Its an integrated system.  

3 -  Its a tailored systm not a simple windows install (or simple linux install)

Its more than I would pay but I would not buy an integrated system like that at any price frankly.  

But does that justify the price tag? I know old people don't need a quadcore with a high end gpu, which is why this product doesn't warrant the price tag. The hardware is very lowend and even then the programming shouldn't cost so much making 1k.

does a 2100 dollar computer with hardware and software found on 1100$ laptops justify the razers?

does a 1000$ graphics card justify the price tag when a 500$ one gives you 15% less performance?

does a 2.5 million dollar car justify the price tag?

this is capitalism. don't blame companies for creating products that sell. blame the people for buying them.

From your perspective it's ridiculous. Then again, turn that perspective and think about how ridiculous it is to pay $140 for a "gaming keyboard".

Doesn't sound so silly now, does it?

Cherry MX key-switches are about 80 cents EACH. And you have about a hundred of them on a keyboard. That's 80 dollars before you get to the other materials, construction, QA staff, packaging, marketing, shipping, sales tax. I'd be surprised if a 140 dollar mechanical keyboard had more than a 5-10% profit margin.

Intel i7 5820K (4.5 GHz) | MSI X99A MPower | 32 GB Kingston HyperX Fury 2666MHz | Asus RoG STRIX GTX 1080ti OC | Samsung 951 m.2 nVME 512GB | Crucial MX200 1000GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 2000GB | Noctua NH-D15 | Fractal Define R5 | Seasonic 860 Platinum | Logitech G910 | Sennheiser 599 | Blue Yeti | Logitech G502

Nikon D500 | Nikon 300mm f/4 PF  | Nikon 200-500 f/5.6 | Nikon 50mm f/1.8 | Tamron 70-210 f/4 VCII | Sigma 10-20 f/3.5 | Nikon 17-55 f/2.8 | Tamron 90mm F2.8 SP Di VC USD Macro | Neewer 750II

3 for the price.

So it's a netbook-spec computer with a 20-inch low resolution touchscreen and the support to get a non-tech savvy person going. It comes with a customized Linux OS and other custom made software with touchscreen support. In other words, it's a Mac for old people.

How many of you programmers are actually willing to make a custom touchscreen OS and software specifically for old non-tech savvy people? How well can you make it easy for them to learn how to use it? How much tech support would you provide for them? How much would you charge for it?

~meOw! Σ:3

does a 2100 dollar computer with hardware and software found on 1100$ laptops justify the razers?

does a 1000$ graphics card justify the price tag when a 500$ one gives you 15% less performance?

this is capitalism. don't blame companies for creating products that sell. blame the people for buying them.

I'm pro-capitalism. I'm not disagreeing with you, I'm commenting on the morality (or lack thereof) selling this type of product to old people.

Corsair 600T White | Gigabyte Z77-UD3H | Intel Core i5-2500k | 8GB Gskill Ares@1600MHz | Gigabyte G1 GTX970 | OCZ ZT 550 | Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB | Samsung 840 EVO 250GB (boot) | Full Custom Loop | NZXT HUE

dT02VNo.jpg

XYPHER AMD FX8350 @ 4.6Ghz ASUS SABERTOOTH 990FX R2.0 AMD RADEON HD 7970 @ 1140Mhz 16GB Corsair VENGEANCE 1600Mhz OCZ VERTEX 3 240GB SSD Corsair H100i 1TB SEAGATE BARRACUDA FRACTAL DESIGN DEFINE R4 CORSAIR K90 MADCATZ RAT 3 iiyama ProLite B2480HS 24"

Although it might be very practical for the people that need it, words cannot describe how cheesy and "dumb" I find this text.

Just look at the name: WOW!Computer.

Not only that, but they also offer a VIP programme where people can subscribe (for ONLY $9.95 per month) to get unlimited support.

UEUEUEUEUEEUGH

Disclaimer: It is by no means my intention offend people. This is just my opinion.

New to Star Citizen? Look no further!

That design looks awkwardly familiar.

tO2Hxn3.jpg

On the topic of the cringe level, somewhere at 7, but only because of the ludicrous price.

I'm pro-capitalism. I'm not disagreeing with you, I'm commenting on the morality (or lack thereof) selling this type of product to old people.

in that case we should look at dozens of products before this computer imho. too many things are marketed towards the elderly and they are simply worse product. but then again, i still would blame the elderly person. there is nothing that causes a person to stop learning.

my 93 year old grandmother that fishes with her husband everyday and provides food for much of my family can program better than i'd guess most on this website. she can create any fishing supplies by hand from scavenging, but still has the ability to network like a teenager. So i still blame consumers.

Yes, this company probably has bad morality and is trying to basically scam, but only the ignorant can be scammed, and only the foolish will be susceptible to a scam in the first place.

Cherry MX key-switches are about 80 cents EACH. And you have about a hundred of them on a keyboard. That's 80 dollars before you get to the other materials, construction, QA staff, packaging, marketing, shipping, sales tax. I'd be surprised if a 140 dollar mechanical keyboard had more than a 5-10% profit margin.

Cherry Mx switches are definitely cheaper than $0.80 each. You can buy keyboard with Cherry switches for cheaper. I think that your probably looking at the retail price, because I guarantee manufacturers are not paying that much for switches - sorry.

15" MBP TB

AMD 5800X | Gigabyte Aorus Master | EVGA 2060 KO Ultra | Define 7 || Blade Server: Intel 3570k | GD65 | Corsair C70 | 13TB

Doesn't matter how you design the UI it won't work for them. The only viable solution is to have a computer competent person operating the computer and them verbally saying what they want to do to the operator and even then we're assuming all the other onboard devices (on board to the elderly) are working fine so they can hear the operator ask, "Are you sure you want to reply to that random e-mail asking for your social and personal info?"

I roll with sigs off so I have no idea what you're advertising.

This is NOT the signature you are looking for.

1. Prebuilts generally suck.

2. Yes, because the last 5 FPS is always the hardest to push. I wouldn't buy that, but if you're a person who wants the absolute highest FPS numbers, then go for it

3. Sometimes. If you wanna have the most expensive stuff to look cool, at least. Again, I wouldn't buy such an expensive car, but someone who wants to show that they're rich would.

But I agree on the last one.

CRINGE LEVEL: 9.5

CPU: i5 2500K (@ stock for now) GPU: Gigabyte GTX650Ti OC MOBO: Intel P67 RAM: 2x4GB Kingston (@1333MHz) PSU: 550w Xilence CASE: Generic :D MONITOR: Dell U2412M (24', 1200p 16:10) MOUSE: Acme something KB: Logitech K260

so expensive !

XEON 1230 v2 / AMD R9 280x / 8GB DDR3 / Adata XPG SX900 256GB SSD / Corsair 300R Side Window / Corsair CX500M / Corsair M65 Green

You wouldn't pay full price for each switch buying in bulk which people like Corsair or Razer would be doing.

I don't mind paying for a device with maybe a 30-40% profit margin if its lasting a long as time or has good warranty / customer support. (I still wouldn't buy a prebuilt tower)

That said one of my family members is so illiterate when it comes to technology , I customised a LUbuntu distro for an old Dell laptop that was lying around, set it up with everything it needs(Windows XP is still on it just the os selection is disable for convenience). It's presented in an easy to use way and he's gotten fairly fast at doing the tasks he needs to.

Like E-Sports? Check out the E-Sports forum for competitive click click pew pew

Like Anime? Check out Heaven Society the forums local Anime club

I was only living because it was too much trouble to die.

R9 7950x | RTX4090

"AMD® Dual-Core E-350 (1.6GHz) Processor"

on a scale of 1-10, Justin Bieber.