How hard did you cringe?

TheMail

Linus should do an unboxing.

PC SYSTEM: Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 / i5 2500k @ 4.2ghz / CM Hyper 212 EVO / Gigabyte 670 OC SLI / MSI P67A-GD53 B3 / Kingston HyperX Blue 8Gb / 

WD 2tb Storage Drive / BenQ GW2750HM - ASUS VE248H - Panasonic TX-P42ST60BCorsair AX750 / Logitech K360 / Razer Naga / Plantronics Gamecom 380 /

Asus Xonar DGX / Samsung 830 256gb / MEDIA eMachine ER1401 running OpenELEC XBMC with Seagate STBV3000200 3TB Hard Drive - Panasonic TX-P42ST60B

When I was reading, at first I thought its a really good idea, until I saw the price, almost fell off my chair and chocked on my Haribo happy cola candy :D

As long as they use a well built touchscreen, the price is OK.

Besides the price of the components, you should also consider costs for the OS development, which requires quite some workforce.

I guess they're using some kind of Linux that doesn't demand a high end CPU and that the people for which this PC was made don't do video editing either.

Personally, I'd really like to see a unboxing and hands on video, to see what this thing is really capable of  -- 9/10 :)

I think the concept is good but the execution is terrible.

Clear shortcomings are:

- ridiculous price tag

- low end hardware and physical functionality for given price tag (e.g. tilt, etc.)

- cheap sounding name and website

- horrendous UI design

... the list goes on...

$999.00 thats wrong

| Contact Information |
My Teamspeak : Austs1.gameservers.com:9334  |  Steam: Iamtictac456  |  My other aliases include Scruffy and Scruffy Biggems :)

i beat you people buy this and love it because they have never experienced the raw power of my gaming rig :P

| Contact Information |
My Teamspeak : Austs1.gameservers.com:9334  |  Steam: Iamtictac456  |  My other aliases include Scruffy and Scruffy Biggems :)

Wow it is isn't it 1199 dollars. It is 999 dollars, and you get sudoku and solitaire for free. Amazing deal .

i beat you people buy this and love it because they have never experienced the raw power of my gaming rig :P

'Raw power of gaming rig'

Has a gtx 550 ti XD

and for $9.95 a month you don't have to offer support to your elders, its clearly worth it so they can call the 1-800 number (with their rotary phone) and harass the WOW support team.

Another marketing gem: All new programs & upgrades for life

Life of the machine or the user?

I think one of my testicules just fell off.

Frost upon these cigarettes.... lipstick on the window pane...

Another thing about this is $50 for shipping. That's more than I've ever paid to have a single item shipped to me.

OMG it has Solitaire and Patience? 

I am sold.

So many things I could write here... things like this.

You can't compare the production prices and the final user prices or we could say that everything is way overpriced, What I was trying to say is that if you buy all the components they are using and build it yourself you will probably spend around 650€, with most of the cost coming from the AiO touchscreen chassis.

I just checked and the only way I could find that particular "apu" is included in the motherboard, the gigabyte one with USB3.0 support is over 150$. Let's say we saved $100, now halve the RAM and HDD space and you will probably save $50 more. The screen they are using is 1600x900 rather than 1920x1080, but the motherboard we now picked is mini-itx rather than thin mini-itx (they are probably using a custom made one, I can't find a thin mini-itx for amd CPU/APUs) and AiO chassis are more expensive when they support bigger form factors, based on this I would say that we could save at max $50 more but it would be pretty hard.

what mean is if you are buying a pre made poduction computer you should expect to get it cheaper than if you made it yourself or at least the same price because of how little it cost for them to make it. so yes i will say they dont get the bills of the final user so they are probably spending much less than €650 so they are probably getting 100% profits from this

oh dear was that YOUR computer i just downloaded a few dozen viruses on when you weren't paying attention?

I hate companies like this. Sure they seem all innocent and act as if they are trying to help but really it is disgusting! 

It's an ok idea for the elderly I think, just should be way cheaper! :o

PROFILEYEAH

What do people even put in these things?

This is good for seniors.....I guess, but I'm sure other seniors are just old school and dont want to have anything to do with technology :P

There are 10 types of people in this world, those who understand binary, and those who don't.

this is why the iPad exists

dont buy this garbage

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

ok it was a little funny scrolling through i thought hey actually not too bad when i saw the price i carnage so bad that a black hole opened up and thus allowed the scale to double so out of 1 to 10 it ended up being 20. basically my atoms got accelerated to infinity and...ok i'll stop now ... though if i continue i may be able to figure out the limit  tan90 

(1) high frame rate (2) ultra graphics settings (3) cheap...>> choose only two<<...

if it's never been done then i'm probably tryna do it. (((((((Bass so low it HERTZ)))))))

My question is how did the OP of this thread come across this?

Desert Storm PC | Corsair 600T | ASUS Sabertooth 990FX AM3+ | AMD FX-8350 | MSI 7950 TFIII | 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 | Seasonic X650W I Samsung 840 series 500GB SSD

Mobile Devices I ASUS Zenbook UX31E I Nexus 7 (2013) I Nexus 5 32GB (red)