Ugliest Tech Ever

Anything and everything Alienware, and the aesthetic dopplegangers that followed them.

(looking at you, NZXT Phantoms...)

CDN-NZX-PHAN002GR.jpg

"A picture is starting to form here... I wonder if it's accurate? Some pieces don't quite seem to fit. Or maybe I just don't like the way it looks."

Google_Glass_89449.jpgglasses without any symetry - and yes - with google glasses are tech... :D Idea is cool, bit it has to be WAY more smaller and more symetrical...

Just imagine people walking in the streets permanently swiping the finger in front of their right ear...

web_googleglass_ralfc6ysh5.jpg

You are allowed to have animated avatars on LTT, but - try to have images like "userbars" in the signature - no chance...

Excels last cell is XFD1048576 and once was IV65536.

(if you want to have the most effective mousepad - use a colored matte floor tile)

Your in the right topic ??? This is about looks so ****.

My point; iPhones don't belong in an 'ugly tech' thread.

?!?!?!?!?!?!

iPhones are the most solidly-built and (aside from the 6's antenna lines) most well-designed phones on the market. Nothing but the M8 has come close in recent memory, and that's an 'old' phone now. Even my 4S feels better in the hand than most new Android flagships!

/rant

My nokia 5800, which can resist hits that would devastate an iphone without a scratch, strongly disagrees ^^ I have seen way too many iphones with cracked screens to give its construction any credit. Only the most recent ones seem to be doing a better job with the screen, but they still share the basic design flaw of having one sheet of glass covering the whole front of the phone and level borders. That way if it falls hard on an angle the whole screen will crack.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

My nokia 5800, which can resist hits that would devastate an iphone without a scratch, strongly disagrees ^^ I have seen way too many iphones with cracked screens to give its construction any credit. Only the most recent ones seem to be doing a better job with the screen, but they still share the basic design flaw of having one sheet of glass covering the whole front of the phone and level borders. That way if it falls hard on an angle the whole screen will crack.

#Nokiamasterrace

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

I didn't mean actual strength; all modern smartphones are sadly succeptible to breaking, I meant actual build quality of materieals and how weighty and solid it feels in the hand. I fear to get truly strong phones, we'd have to sacrifice weight, size, and even materials.

#Nokiamasterrace

I wonder how the $30 Lumia 630 fares :P

I wonder how the $30 Lumia 630 fares :P

Dunno. I wish I had the money to make a video of me bending an iphone 6 with my nokia lumia 822

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

This abomination:

Although not tech as such, the Mercedes-Benz GLE is awful:

mercedes_gle_450_amg_coupe_8.jpg

BLERGHBLERGHBLERGHBLERGHBLERGHBLERGHBLERGHBLERGHBLERGHBLERGHBLERGHBLERGHBLERGHBLERGHBLERGHBLERGHBLERGHBLERGHBLERGHBLERGHBLERGHBLERGHBLERGHBLERGHBLERGHBLERGHBLERGHBLERGHBLERGHBLERGHBLERGHBLERGHBLERGHBLERGHBLERGHBLERGHBLERGHBLERGHBLERGHBLERGHBLERGHBLERGHBLERGHBLERGHBLERGHBLERGHBLERGHBLERGHBLERGHBLERGHBLERGHBLERGHBLERGHBLERGHBLERGHBLERGHBLERGHBLERGHBLERGHBLERGHBLERGHBLERGHBLERGHBLERGHBLERGHBLERGHBLERGHBLERGHBLERGHBLERGHBLERGHBLERGHBLERGHBLERGHBLERGHBLERGHBLERGHBLERGHBLERGHBLERGHBLERGHBLERGHBLERGHBLERGHBLERGHBLERGHBLERGHBLERGHBLERGHBLERGHBLERGHBLERGHBLERGHBLERGHBLERGHBLERGH

as a long time mercedes lover, i can never see myself touching this thing.

it looks like they stuck the butt of a bmw coupe to it.

EDIT:

post-90150-0-49785400-1420132461_thumb.j

resemblance anybody?

My Main Build: NZXT S340 - NZXT Kraken X31 - Crucial MX100 256GB - i5 4460 - Gigabyte Z97P D3 - Kingston HyperX Red 8GB - MSI Nvidia GTX 780 3GB - Corsair LL & HD RGB Fans, Corsair Lighting Node Pro. 

Dunno. I wish I had the money to make a video of me bending an iphone 6 with my nokia lumia 822

Let's not go there...

BLERGHBLERGHBLERGHBLERGHBLERGHBLERGHBLERGHBLERGHBLERGHBLERGHBLERGHBLERGHBLERGHBLERGHBLERGHBLERGHBLERGHBLERGHBLERGHBLERGHBLERGHBLERGHBLERGHBLERGHBLERGHBLERGHBLERGHBLERGHBLERGHBLERGHBLERGHBLERGHBLERGHBLERGHBLERGHBLERGHBLERGHBLERGHBLERGHBLERGHBLERGHBLERGHBLERGHBLERGHBLERGHBLERGHBLERGHBLERGHBLERGHBLERGHBLERGHBLERGHBLERGHBLERGHBLERGHBLERGHBLERGHBLERGHBLERGHBLERGHBLERGHBLERGHBLERGHBLERGHBLERGHBLERGHBLERGHBLERGHBLERGHBLERGHBLERGHBLERGHBLERGHBLERGHBLERGHBLERGHBLERGHBLERGHBLERGHBLERGHBLERGHBLERGHBLERGHBLERGHBLERGHBLERGHBLERGHBLERGHBLERGHBLERGHBLERGHBLERGHBLERGHBLERGHBLERGHBLERGH

No hate but the top red card looks kinda cool, it looks almost cute :P

My old Palit GTX 580s. Never been so glad to turn the thing upside down and never look at the thing.

p01503_bigimage_9624d36a230a4183.jpg

Not that bad. If the gold was replaced with black, it'd be nicer, but it's not bad.

Not that bad. If the gold was replaced with black, it'd be nicer, but it's not bad.

It's the bright orange fanblades that offend me the most. The gold wasn't that garishly done, unlike their more modern offerings.

51k5eaov8VL.jpg

Although the cooler itself looks a lot more effective, and has got to be quieter than their 580 was.

41yKaovCJvL.jpg

Which cannot be said for frankly the cheapest looking 970 I've ever seen.

My point; iPhones don't belong in an 'ugly tech' thread.

Yep they do, looks are objective so ****.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

it looks like they stuck the butt of a bmw coupe to it.

EDIT:

attachicon.gifbmw-x6_69741.jpg

resemblance anybody?

Same type of car, basically a me-too to try and cut into the X6's sales. Awful genré of car altogether, made worse by another addition.

"The unexamined life is not worth living" - Apology 38a, Socrates

Yep they do, looks are objective so ****.

1) what do you mean by **** over and over again?

2) subjective

A) what do you mean by **** over and over again?

B) subjective

I don't know you take it as you want, What do you mean by

B) subjective

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

I don't know you take it as you want, What do you mean by

I FIXED IT

Damn emoticons...

I FIXED IT

Damn emoticons...

Yep looks are subjective, people like a lot of different things.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

unfortunately... you can't overclock it

Of course silly you can't overclock that model but you can over cook it!!

Rose's are red violets are blue, without computers I'd know not what to do.

Some bad looking PC cases:

fwPD7YZ.jpg

and some software:

uQDkF59.jpg

Just my personal opinion, but 99,99% of all PC cases with a sidepanel windows look terrible.

sWB46kF.jpg

Specs: i7-3770K | Asus R9 290X | 32GB DDR3 | GA-Z77-UD5H | RM 750x | Define R5 Arctic White | macOS 10.14.5 & Windows 10