Tech you want to see in the industry.

StarFire

We all have stuff we want to see, so why not spill the beans?

I want to see a company that custom makes motherboards, using whatever socket, chipset, and colours you like.

CPU: AMD Athlon 5350 (2.66 Ghz OC) Motherboard: Asus AM1m-a Memory: Mushkin Radioactive 8GB DDR3-1600 GPU: MSI R7 260 1GD5 OC Storage: Toshiba Hybrid 500GB Case: Cougar Spike PSU: Rosewill Arc 450 OS: Deepin Linux 2014

TBH, I want that service for every part.

CPU: AMD Athlon 5350 (2.66 Ghz OC) Motherboard: Asus AM1m-a Memory: Mushkin Radioactive 8GB DDR3-1600 GPU: MSI R7 260 1GD5 OC Storage: Toshiba Hybrid 500GB Case: Cougar Spike PSU: Rosewill Arc 450 OS: Deepin Linux 2014

TBH, I want that service for every part.

I don't see that ever happening, that would be ridiculously (like proper ridiculously) expensive.

I really want to see a well manufactured PCI-e flex riser with black cables and PCBs.

A company that sells stuff for a reasonable price, or at least in the UK.

For bigger companies like asus msi and gigabyte to not be scared to use colours other than red on every god damn thing. And ram that is an ssd but isn't going to cost a lot more money than I care to spend. 

I want the quantum cooler to become something commercial... it could mean CPU's that look like graphics cards since you wouldn't need a heatsink or anything so you could have much larger CPUs in say a box shape or something.

article: http://www.extremetech.com/extreme/189999-on-chip-quantum-wells-create-cryogenic-electrons-computers-that-consume-10x-less-power

actual paper: http://www.nature.com/ncomms/2014/140910/ncomms5745/full/ncomms5745.html

Please use http://pcpartpicker.com/ for everybodones sake!

and quote me if you want me to see a reply please :)

pewpewpewphysicslazers!!!

I want to see some sort of tech implant that could reprogram my brain so I didn't have extreme anxiety issues that have made my life a living hell.

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

i want to see company's off loyalty bonus where you get something like 5%-10% off a new purchase if you bought a previous thing from them. eg you get 5% off an asus x99 mother board if you bought any previous qualifying motherboards of certain chip sets. (sort of like gigabytes offer but you get a discount and dont have to send the old product back.)

this would encourage more upgrading which would increase the rate that the average pc improves.

Headphones that can be used as closed back or open back. Something along the lines of being able to remove the earcup plating or put it back on.

Brain implants that let us directly connect to the internet and understand machine code

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

I want the quantum cooler to become something commercial... it could mean CPU's that look like graphics cards since you wouldn't need a heatsink or anything so you could have much larger CPUs in say a box shape or something.

article: http://www.extremetech.com/extreme/189999-on-chip-quantum-wells-create-cryogenic-electrons-computers-that-consume-10x-less-power

actual paper: http://www.nature.com/ncomms/2014/140910/ncomms5745/full/ncomms5745.html

you can already get a cpu that looks like a gpu, intel xeon phi :P

We all have stuff we want to see, so why not spill the beans?

I want to see a company that custom makes motherboards, using whatever socket, chipset, and colours you like.

I saw linus his plastidip video a while back.

I have a Z87 sabertooth TUF motherboard,so took the armor of and plastidipped it white,did the same to the cooler and backplate of my gtx 780 direct cu ||,my psu and the little aluminum covers from my corsair vengeance pro ram.

All i have to do now is buy me some white cable extensions.

It's pretty easy and fun to customize your pc yourself and probably way cheaper  :)

sex bots, dont lie you want them too

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

The return of the Core 2 series. I would be the happiest guy EVER.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

AMD to be king again.

i7 5930k . 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 2666 DDR4 . Gigabyte GA-X99-Gaming G1-WIFI . Zotac GeForce GTX 980 AMP! 4GB SLi . Crucial M550 1TB SSD . LG BD . Fractal Design Define R2 Black Pearl . SuperFlower Leadex Gold 750w . BenQ GW2765HT 2560x1440 . CM Storm QF TK MX Blue . SteelSeries Rival 
i5 2500k/ EVGA Z68SLi/ FX 8320/ Phenom II B55 x4/ MSI 790FX-GD70/ G.skill Ripjaws X 1600 8GB kit/ Geil Black Dragon 1600 4GB kit/ Sapphire Ref R9 290/ XFX DD GHOST 7770 

Headphones that can be used as closed back or open back. Something along the lines of being able to remove the earcup plating or put it back on.

Headphones that don't have a 3-4 meter cable, not all of us are 2 meters tall . . . .Frickin excess wire.

Something that could be put in my ears so that I wouldn't have to wear headphones.

you can already get a cpu that looks like a gpu, intel xeon phi :P

lol yeah but we could be talking processors that would be 30-40 GHz, while not producing heat xD

Please use http://pcpartpicker.com/ for everybodones sake!

and quote me if you want me to see a reply please :)

pewpewpewphysicslazers!!!

The return of the Core 2 series. I would be the happiest guy EVER.

Aren't i3's just rebranded Core 2's?

Better stands integrated into monitors.

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro