AMD Radeon Fiji XT Spotted in Shipping

i just post wherever i see him spewing his bullshit, warning others about it. its sad because he has enough posts to seem credible to newcomers

Yep, also the problem is that people who randomly google stuff often get linked to these forums and they may be easily misled.

Hydrabad ? why would they ship to india first of all the things 

Spoiler
Spoiler

AMD 5000 Series Ryzen 7 5800X| MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WiFi | G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB (2 * 16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16-18-18-38 | Asus GeForce GTX 3080Ti STRIX | SAMSUNG 980 PRO 500GB PCIe NVMe Gen4 SSD M.2 + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 (2280) Gen3 | Cooler Master V850 Gold V2 Modular | Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT | Cooler Master Box MB511 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG259Q Gaming Monitor 144Hz, 1ms, IPS, G-Sync | Logitech G 304 Lightspeed | Logitech G213 Gaming Keyboard |

PCPartPicker 

This is a PC enthusiast community, full of PC gamers and this is a thread about gaming GPUs. We're talking about gaming GPUs, not AMD's business structure and non-gaming GPU performance. We know from the Titan that compute capability doesn't translate to gaming prowess.

Really? AMD shouldn't care about gamers? So would you also agree that Nvidia shouldn't care about gamers either? Because as I recall, Nvidia has just posted tremendous profits as a direct result of the 970/980 release, that is, from the sales of gaming GPUs to [mostly] gamers. ;) If that's any indication, AMD should certainly care about gamers.

I quoted your post and then specifically stated in the first few lines that I don't care about the non-gaming aspect and then clearly stated the perspective I was commenting from and why. I don't know where you're coming up with this "cater to your needs" stuff...

Thank you for pointing out the differences between a gaming and workstation card. Workstation cards are also vastly more expensive and are of very little to no interest to gamers. I don't really understand why you mentioned that because it's not really relevant to gaming performance.

Take a look at this: http://www.anandtech.com/bench/product/1068?vs=1060

See how the $299 290 slaps around the ~$1000 Titan in gaming performance? Gamers aren't going to buy the Titan just because it's "better at compute". They're going to buy the 290 (or a 780/970) or any GPU that costs less and gives them far better performance per dollar. Titan's aren't flying off the shelves. 290's and 970's are. They make up a significant portion of profit for those companies and they are far more interesting products for people like me vs. compute/workstation cards. This is my whole point and the perspective that the majority of the members here are looking at this from.

Just like before when you compared a much more expensive Intel APU against Kaveri (talking $100-200+ difference), you're doing the same thing here, pulling things out of context.

Oh for Pete's sake! Nvidia had record profits based on increased sales of EVERYTHING!

Furthermore, yes, gamers care about raw performance, but you won't even have competition if all you do is demand it from AMD. The consumer PC market has been contracting for half a decade due to a slowdown in software innovation, which makes buying new tech less appealing, which hurts AMD especially since they already sell at low margins.

Nvidia is also the sole provider of laptop dGPUs now. There's no Fiji or Hawaii chip in a laptop. How did that happen? Power and heat efficiency, and now mobile Maxwell is almost on performance parity with the desktop versions.

If you care about AMD for the long term, you should grin and bear it and get them focused on their biggest weaknesses against their competitors which leave them monetarily impotent. Software isn't going to be pushing dGPUs for a while anyway except in scientific computing.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

Hydrabad ? why would they ship to india first of all the things 

RD labs, testing facilities, fabs?

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

Game developer, AI researcher, Developing the UOLTT mobile apps

G SIX [My Mac Pro G5 CaseMod Thread]

i just post wherever i see him spewing his bullshit, warning others about it. its sad because he has enough posts to seem credible to newcomers when in reality, he knows jack shit apart from a few words (some of them he picked up from me arguing with him) which he then uses in complete wrong context (eg i was saying intel iGPU is crap at games no matter how good it is at theoretical compute because it lacks dedicated hardware for certain tasks, i mentioned nvidias polymorph engine somewhere in the middle, and from then on he kept on saying intel just needs a polymorph engine to beat every gpu on the market) -.-

No, I said Intel needs tessellation and Polymorph. They already have the transistor density and engineering team to crush AMD and Nvidia into the dust, but the main problem is that same hardware is under intellectual property lock and key by AMD, Nvidia, Imagination Technologies, and Qualcomm. Reinventing a wheel better than everyone else's when most of the good designs have been picked through is no easy matter, especially legally speaking. Also, Intel has caught up to AMD in heterogeneous design with unified memory on Broadwell, and HD 5300 is proving to be as powerful as HD 4800 even in power and heat-constrained situations like tablets. Intel is again proving it can beat any chip maker at its own game given some time. IBM and Broadcomm were knocked out of the server world when they claimed for decades Intel would never compete. The cycle is now repeating with integrated GPU development.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

RD labs, testing facilities, fabs?

nope , not in India 

Spoiler
Spoiler

AMD 5000 Series Ryzen 7 5800X| MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WiFi | G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB (2 * 16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16-18-18-38 | Asus GeForce GTX 3080Ti STRIX | SAMSUNG 980 PRO 500GB PCIe NVMe Gen4 SSD M.2 + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 (2280) Gen3 | Cooler Master V850 Gold V2 Modular | Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT | Cooler Master Box MB511 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG259Q Gaming Monitor 144Hz, 1ms, IPS, G-Sync | Logitech G 304 Lightspeed | Logitech G213 Gaming Keyboard |

PCPartPicker 

nope , not in India 

well they must have something of that there. otherwise we wouldnt see something shipped there every time its a new product. NVIDIA does it, AMD does. something is there

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

well they must have something of that there. otherwise we wouldnt see something shipped there every time its a new product. NVIDIA does it, AMD does. something is there

An emerging consumer market, since the rest of the world is contracting in pc and components sales.

hmm, interesting , i live right next to hydrabad, i never seen AMD here

Spoiler
Spoiler

PCPartPicker 

well im just speculating, but both companies ship there, so they definitely have something there

Oh for Pete's sake! Nvidia had record profits based on increased sales of EVERYTHING!

And I'm sure the sales of 970/980's played a contributing factor in that. Many of which are still out of stock because gamers are still buying them up like crazy.

Furthermore, yes, gamers care about raw performance, but you won't even have competition if all you do is demand it from AMD. The consumer PC market has been contracting for half a decade due to a slowdown in software innovation, which makes buying new tech less appealing, which hurts AMD especially since they already sell at low margins.

I'm not demanding anything from AMD. My original post in this thread was pointing to the fact that GM204 is only marginally ahead of Hawaii (in terms of pure gaming performance) and yet some people still don't think Fiji will surpass GM204 in that regard. I'm not demanding AMD reach that goal, but rather I find it hard to believe AMD wouldn't be able to reach that goal. It's not that much of an increase in performance to match/exceed.

Again, just so we're clear, I'm talking about gaming performance, specifically.

Nvidia is also the sole provider of laptop dGPUs now. There's no Fiji or Hawaii chip in a laptop. How did that happen? Power and heat efficiency, and now mobile Maxwell is almost on performance parity with the desktop versions.

For now.

If you care about AMD for the long term, you should grin and bear it and get them focused on their biggest weaknesses against their competitors which leave them monetarily impotent. Software isn't going to be pushing dGPUs for a while anyway except in scientific computing.

Dude, higher resolutions will be pushing dGPUs over the next few generations. As it stands, what we currently have in high-end single GPUs (980 included) is barely enough to run a single 4k display at playable frame rates at high/ultra settings. We're already seeing 8GB variants of Hawaii and Maxwell starting to surface and we're going to need stronger single GPUs to handle 4k, moving forward.

Also, you don't think any software in the near future is going to push dGPUs? So you know about every single game currently under development, and you know exactly how they're going to run/push the hardware? I don't think so.

My Systems:

Main - Work + Gaming:

Spoiler

Woodland Raven: Ryzen 2700X // AMD Wraith RGB // Asus Prime X570-P // G.Skill 2x 8GB 3600MHz DDR4 // Radeon RX Vega 56 // Crucial P1 NVMe 1TB M.2 SSD // Deepcool DQ650-M // chassis build in progress // Windows 10 // Thrustmaster TMX + G27 pedals & shifter

F@H Rig:

Spoiler

FX-8350 // Deepcool Neptwin // MSI 970 Gaming // AData 2x 4GB 1600 DDR3 // 2x Gigabyte RX-570 4G's // Samsung 840 120GB SSD // Cooler Master V650 // Windows 10

HTPC:

Spoiler

SNES PC (HTPC): i3-4150 @3.5 // Gigabyte GA-H87N-Wifi // G.Skill 2x 4GB DDR3 1600 // Asus Dual GTX 1050Ti 4GB OC // AData SP600 128GB SSD // Pico 160XT PSU // Custom SNES Enclosure // 55" LG LED 1080p TV  // Logitech wireless touchpad-keyboard // Windows 10 // Build Log

Laptops:

Spoiler

MY DAILY: Lenovo ThinkPad T410 // 14" 1440x900 // i5-540M 2.5GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD iGPU + Quadro NVS 3100M 512MB dGPU // 2x4GB DDR3L 1066 // Mushkin Triactor 480GB SSD // Windows 10

WIFE'S: Dell Latitude E5450 // 14" 1366x768 // i5-5300U 2.3GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD5500 // 2x4GB RAM DDR3L 1600 // 500GB 7200 HDD // Linux Mint 19.3 Cinnamon

EXPERIMENTAL: Pinebook // 11.6" 1080p // Manjaro KDE (ARM)

NAS:

Spoiler

Home NAS: Pentium G4400 @3.3 // Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3 // 2x 4GB DDR4 2400 // Intel HD Graphics // Kingston A400 120GB SSD // 3x Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200 HDDs in RAID-Z // Cooler Master Silent Pro M 1000w PSU // Antec Performance Plus 1080AMG // FreeNAS OS

snip

just report all his posts as trolling, since that is what it is...

And I'm sure the sales of 970/980's played a contributing factor in that. Many of which are still out of stock because gamers are still buying them up like crazy.

Nah mate, you can't use logic and reasoning with this guy.  Even with the evidence in front of him he is either so deluded it is scary or he is a troll.  The number of threads is increasing where his rational for an opinion is so far from the evidence it defies reasons as to how he sees logic in it.

The funny thing is he tries to be demeaning to people and talk down to them like he is some sort of authority, then gets completely owned (even by the 14 year olds) and looks like a moron for it.

If you want to keep debating with him that's fine, just be prepared for pages and pages of made up nonsensical arguments to prove an obviously flawed assumption.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

Nah mate, you can't use logic and reasoning with this guy.  Even with the evidence in front of him he is either so deluded it is scary or he is a troll.  The number of threads is increasing where his rational for an opinion is so far from the evidence it defies reasons as to how he sees logic in it.

The funny thing is he tries to be demeaning to people and talk down to them like he is some sort of authority, then gets completely owned (even by the 14 year olds) and looks like a moron for it.

If you want to keep debating with him that's fine, just be prepared for pages and pages of made up nonsensical arguments to prove an obviously flawed assumption.

QFT. can we just unanimously agree to report his posts for trolling please... sooner or later, he will get banned

Yeah, I think I've spent enough time on this argument with him at this point anyways. He and I have had lengthy "discussions" before and I'm getting tired of sounding like a broken record every time. :P

My Systems:

Main - Work + Gaming:

Spoiler

Woodland Raven: Ryzen 2700X // AMD Wraith RGB // Asus Prime X570-P // G.Skill 2x 8GB 3600MHz DDR4 // Radeon RX Vega 56 // Crucial P1 NVMe 1TB M.2 SSD // Deepcool DQ650-M // chassis build in progress // Windows 10 // Thrustmaster TMX + G27 pedals & shifter

F@H Rig:

Spoiler

FX-8350 // Deepcool Neptwin // MSI 970 Gaming // AData 2x 4GB 1600 DDR3 // 2x Gigabyte RX-570 4G's // Samsung 840 120GB SSD // Cooler Master V650 // Windows 10

HTPC:

Spoiler

SNES PC (HTPC): i3-4150 @3.5 // Gigabyte GA-H87N-Wifi // G.Skill 2x 4GB DDR3 1600 // Asus Dual GTX 1050Ti 4GB OC // AData SP600 128GB SSD // Pico 160XT PSU // Custom SNES Enclosure // 55" LG LED 1080p TV  // Logitech wireless touchpad-keyboard // Windows 10 // Build Log

Laptops:

Spoiler

MY DAILY: Lenovo ThinkPad T410 // 14" 1440x900 // i5-540M 2.5GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD iGPU + Quadro NVS 3100M 512MB dGPU // 2x4GB DDR3L 1066 // Mushkin Triactor 480GB SSD // Windows 10

WIFE'S: Dell Latitude E5450 // 14" 1366x768 // i5-5300U 2.3GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD5500 // 2x4GB RAM DDR3L 1600 // 500GB 7200 HDD // Linux Mint 19.3 Cinnamon

EXPERIMENTAL: Pinebook // 11.6" 1080p // Manjaro KDE (ARM)

NAS:

Spoiler

Home NAS: Pentium G4400 @3.3 // Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3 // 2x 4GB DDR4 2400 // Intel HD Graphics // Kingston A400 120GB SSD // 3x Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200 HDDs in RAID-Z // Cooler Master Silent Pro M 1000w PSU // Antec Performance Plus 1080AMG // FreeNAS OS

GREAT, another hot and power hungry card that is only a little better than Nvidia, using double the power! AMD GET YOUR SHIT TOGETHER AND DO SOME RESEARCH.

You have no clue what you are talking about; Fiji is supposed to be VERY power efficient

FANBOY OF: PowerColor, be quiet!, Transcend, G.Skill, Phanteks

FORMERLY FANBOY OF: A-Data, Corsair, Nvidia

DEVELOPING FANBOY OF: AMD (GPUS), Intel (CPUs), ASRock

post not really understood :P

I thought you said you weren't going to get notifications or look at it ;)

waffle waffle waffle on and on and on

Just a quick question for you guys, LukaP, MEC-777 and mr moose...

I was thinking about what that Patrick guy was talking about, how businesses building servers and supercomputers or whatever would choose Nvidia over AMD because of the higher efficiency of Nvidia, reducing electricity costs in the long run or something...

We all know that AMD is pretty much always cheaper than Nvidia. We've also found out recently that the impact that the lower power consumption actually has little impact on your power bill. Was it something like $30 a year between an R9 290 and a GTX 780? I can't remember.

Now he was saying that when you have thousands of GPUs, the power bill goes through the roof and that difference in power consumption makes a big difference on a larger scale. My question is:

With Nvidia's GPUs being much more expensive than AMD GPUs (with the difference in price sometimes being larger than the difference in power consumption), wouldn't the price difference between the two on a larger scale be bigger than the power bill difference? Don't a lot of corporations have special deals with electricity companies or something, just like with ISPs?

The more I think about it, the more I think that there's more to the whole server/supercomputer side of the argument that's being left out. Then again, I'm just an idiot with a computer. I know nothing about this stuff.

I hope that makes sense, I don't really know what I'm talking about :P

@patrickjp93 dont respond to this as i wont even get notifications, and dont plan on looking at it...but dont you think that when there are many respected forum members (some of which study the stuff you spit your BS about) taht disagree with you and provide you facts and points that you just keep on ignoring, that maybe JUST FUCKING MAYBE it would be nice to stop being a dick and ruining every GPU related thread you go in, just so you can feel smart because you know a few words, some of them not even used in the correct context.

peace, bye

He's an Intel investor. Guess his dividends are multiplied by a factor of his shilling.

FX 6300 @4.8 Ghz - Club 3d R9 280x RoyalQueen @1200 core / 1700 memory - Asus M5A99X Evo R 2.0 - 8 Gb Kingston Hyper X Blu - Seasonic M12II Evo Bronze 620w - 1 Tb WD Blue, 1 Tb Seagate Barracuda - Custom water cooling

Not really close to you but Nvidia does engineering / product deisgn work in Pune.

I thought you said you weren't going to get notifications or look at it ;)

from him. i have him blocked

Just a quick question for you guys, LukaP, MEC-777 and mr moose...

I was thinking about what that Patrick guy was talking about, how businesses building servers and supercomputers or whatever would choose Nvidia over AMD because of the higher efficiency of Nvidia, reducing electricity costs in the long run or something...

We all know that AMD is pretty much always cheaper than Nvidia. We've also found out recently that the impact that the lower power consumption actually has little impact on your power bill. Was it something like $30 a year between an R9 290 and a GTX 780? I can't remember.

Now he was saying that when you have thousands of GPUs, the power bill goes through the roof and that difference in power consumption makes a big difference on a larger scale. My question is:

With Nvidia's GPUs being much more expensive than AMD GPUs (with the difference in price sometimes being larger than the difference in power consumption), wouldn't the price difference between the two on a larger scale be bigger than the power bill difference? Don't a lot of corporations have special deals with electricity companies or something, just like with ISPs?

The more I think about it, the more I think that there's more to the whole server/supercomputer side of the argument that's being left out. Then again, I'm just an idiot with a computer. I know nothing about this stuff.

I hope that makes sense, I don't really know what I'm talking about :P

this completly depends on the deals companies make. remember when you buy 10000 Teslas, nvidia wont sell them to you at retail price ;) so it completly depends on your needs and prices. and most go for nvidia because CUDA is much more potent as a language than oCL at the moment

this completly depends on the deals companies make. remember when you buy 10000 Teslas, nvidia wont sell them to you at retail price ;) so it completly depends on your needs and prices. and most go for nvidia because CUDA is much more potent as a language than oCL at the moment

You can block people on here? Well TIL haha

When I first read Tesla, I thought you were talking about buying 10,000 Model S's, I'm like "I wish I could buy 10,000 Teslas!" :P

But yeah, that makes sense

You can block people on here? Well TIL haha

When I first read Tesla, I thought you were talking about buying 10,000 Model S's, I'm like "I wish I could buy 10,000 Teslas!" :P

But yeah, that makes sense

yeah, in settings --> ignore settings

oh no, i meant the Tesla K20s and such

Truth be told it's known how NVIDIA got some of those contracts - they gifted/bribed researchers with hardware (at least with hardware) and when such researchers used funds to fill big orders they would got for NVIDIA hardware.

I'm not saying this is wrong. It's a way of doing things, and they are not alone in this kind of pratices.