AMD Radeon Fiji XT Spotted in Shipping

I don't see why they wouldn't be able to. Isn't going down to 16nm supposed to improve efficiency by a lot? Edit: Remember they improved the efficiency of the R9 280 with the R9 285 by a lot, they are addressing efficiency as far as I can tell

On that topic, all I want is for the Vapor-X coolers to be available at launch :P

The R9 300 series is supposedly suppose to use a 20nm fabrication process. Which will indeed reduce power consumption due to the die shrink. Tho I am not sure if it will be enough to make 4096 SPU's capable of being cooled by air. Strapping two R9 280x's worth of heat under the same hood is probably going to need liquid cooling.

Maybe it might be better when the mods see this they consider reading the threads listed on this page, instead of us spamming them with reports and backseat moderating.  At least then they can draw their own conclusion.

The mods cant decide that he is trolling if the community doesnt report it enough. They said that misinformation is something that community itself can rectify. but if we (many members) report him for trolling, they can ban him. a mod cant do this only because i keep on reporting him for trolling. we need more poeple

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

Game developer, AI researcher, Developing the UOLTT mobile apps

G SIX [My Mac Pro G5 CaseMod Thread]

The R9 300 series is supposedly suppose to use a 20nm fabrication process. Which will indeed reduce power consumption due to the die shrink. Tho I am not sure if it will be enough to make 4096 SPU's capable of being cooled by air. Strapping two R9 280x's worth of heat under the same hood is probably going to need liquid cooling.

You make a good point. I don't know what to expect now, AMD will just have to surprise me :P

Maybe it might be better when the mods see this they consider reading the threads listed on this page, instead of us spamming them with reports and backseat moderating.  At least then they can draw their own conclusion.

The mods cant decide that he is trolling if the community doesnt report it enough. They said that misinformation is something that community itself can rectify. but if we (many members) report him for trolling, they can ban him. a mod cant do this only because i keep on reporting him for trolling. we need more poeple

'Tis an unfortunate situation. Like you said before (LukaP), I didn't pick up on the trolling since he seemed to be able to articulate himself pretty well but I had no clue what he was talking about, so I couldn't tell if he was just spewing bullshit or not. It pays to know shit, right?

I was going to suggest documenting all the instances of his trolling, pooling together all your efforts and presenting a big list of things he's done to the mods, but it seems like too much work for getting one troll banned.

Would you say that the mods are aware of him and his antics?

waffle waffle waffle on and on and on

Would you say that the mods are aware of him and his antics?

The mods read every post/thread.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

The mods read every post/thread.

Hmm... How long has this been going on?

waffle waffle waffle on and on and on

Well, to be honest I don't know.  Having thought about it now I guess it's possibly they don't, however I have yet to see a thread or post be well beyond the COC and not get closed or sorted out.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

A few months. And i've asked the mods about it. They can't do jack shit if we don't report all instances of trollimg

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

I always admired how manufacturing companies are able to do that - well, maybe not reduce - but keep it the same. Node shrink only makes more heat - the chip architecture must counter that heat requirements of one transistor.

I always admired how manufacturing companies are able to do that - well, maybe not reduce - but keep it the same. Node shrink only makes more heat - the chip architecture must counter that heat requirements of one transistor.

Not necessarily. With shrinking comes lower voltage as well, that usually offsets higher heat density