New Windows 10 Build 9879 Screenshots Reveal Additional Changes

RH00D

A new Windows 10 build is expected to be upon us soon. It may be 9879 or even newer build.

New screenshots leaked today of an internal build of Windows 10 has revealed a number of new changes and additions to the operating system which we can expect to see in the next public build of the Windows Technical Preview. These new screenshots come from build 9879, which is a fairly recent build.

Build 9879 was compiled around November 2nd, and includes a number of small improvements over the last public Technical Preview build being 9860. According to the screenshots published by IThome, Microsoft is fine tuning certain elements of the UI, as well as adding more options for the user.

First thing, option to hide Search and Task View buttons on Taskbar. This was highly requested in the feedback from users.

20141108_174910_502.jpg

Pin to home option for items. "Home" is the new main page in File Explorer which shows frequently used files/folders, etc.

20141108_204515_497.jpg

Internet Explorer now has a feedback button in top right for sending positive/negative feedback.

20141107_214412_782.jpg

The button to show options for Metro apps, previously found in the "Charms bar" now has "Hamburg" style 3 lines instead of 3 dots which is more consistent as Hamburg style is used elsewhere.

20141108_162706_877.jpg

That is all that seems to be known for now.

Source: http://www.winbeta.org/news/windows-10-build-9879-screenshots-reveal-new-changes-taskbar-file-explorer-and-more

CPU: i7 4790K  RAM: 32 GB 2400 MHz  Motherboard: Asus Z-97 Pro  GPU: GTX 770  SSD: 256 GB Samsung 850 Pro  OS: Windows 8.1 64-bit

Oh look! They changed a few features that I've never touched in the two weeks I've been using win10 full time! LOL!

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Oh look! They changed a few features that I've never touched in the two weeks I've been using win10 full time! LOL!

Well I have been using Win10 for almost a month now and the task view button and search button are both things I personally sent microsoft feedback asking for an option to disable, so I disagree.

Good on ya Microsoft! Impressing me lately!

Slow steps I guess. Been using windows 10 since the test ISO drooped and for me it is incredibly stable! 

Well I have been using Win10 for almost a month now and the task view button and search button are both things I personally sent microsoft feedback asking for an option to disable, so I disagree.

Good on ya Microsoft! Impressing me lately!

well I guess considering I don't use them they're just occupying space on the start bar so we're on the same boat ^^

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

I'm not sure this is significant enough to qualify as news to be honest.

Show/hide two icons, pin shortcuts to the start menu, some feedback in IE and they changed 3 dots to 3 lines in a button.

At least wait until the build is actually released and then make a list of all the big changes.

its so beautiful. I wanna hug it and kiss it and play with it and hug it.........

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

Show/hide two icons, pin shortcuts to the start menu, some feedback in IE and they changed 3 dots to 3 lines in a button.

At least wait until the build is actually released and then make a list of all the big changes.

Aye, I mean if it's even mildly relevant Microsoft news Goodbytes would have beaten you to it anyways

-------

Current Rig

-------

Aye, I mean if it's even mildly relevant Microsoft news Goodbytes would have beaten you to it anyways

Actually no. I saw the news yesterday. Small news I normally tag it with "mini-news".

It's cool that RH00D spend time on this nice post, and I like it. But I have to agree, it's a bit too short. It could have been put in a Windows 10 thread. I recommend to keep Windows 10 news for new build releases, unless it's something really big... like a new GUI look, Cortana, or something massive that is worth looking forward to, at least for many here. But that is just me.

I agree. There should be one topic that will get updtated regulary.

But who will manage it? :)

I agree. There should be one topic that will get updtated regulary.

But who will manage it? :)

Is it a thing that multiple people can be authors on a single topic? If that were the case I'd say me and @GoodBytes

The only thing is that it would have to be in the OS&S sub-forum and when major news comes out about Windows 10, it would be nice to have it in the Tech News sub-forum because it would get way more views there.

CPU: i7 4790K  RAM: 32 GB 2400 MHz  Motherboard: Asus Z-97 Pro  GPU: GTX 770  SSD: 256 GB Samsung 850 Pro  OS: Windows 8.1 64-bit

mh, is it just me?

Edit: Malwarebytes is blocking the pics.

post-75265-0-37127200-1415497317_thumb.j

Intel 4790k | Asus Z97 Maximus VII Impact | Corsair Vengeance Pro Series 16 GB 1866Mhz | Asus Strix GTX 980 | CoolerMaster G550 |Samsung Evo 250GB | Synology DS215j (NAS) | Logitech G502 |

mh, is it just me?

Edit: Malwarebytes is blocking the pics.

False positive is part of life. You can either use a less argessive A/V, that will also be lighter on the system, or have a software that is taxing on your system, and blocks everything with lots of false positive (or anything in between).

Is it a thing that multiple people can be authors on a single topic? If that were the case I'd say me and @GoodBytes

The only thing is that it would have to be in the OS&S sub-forum and when major news comes out about Windows 10, it would be nice to have it in the Tech News sub-forum because it would get way more views there.

Actually, I think what would be better, is a forum section about everything related to Windows 10.

But I don't think that will happen yet, as there isn't enough to justify such action. If it's a program where News section is filled with news like this one, then I think mods will agree on such decision, but a small news here and there... I don't think it's worthwhile to go to teh trouble, and at worst will just move it to some Windows 10 thread.

Those of you who use win 10 as your daily driver, any compatibility issues? If I migrate fully from win 8.1 will I have problems?

Daily Driver:

Case: Red Prodigy CPU: i5 3570K @ 4.3 GHZ GPU: Powercolor PCS+ 290x @1100 mhz MOBO: Asus P8Z77-I CPU Cooler: NZXT x40 RAM: 8GB 2133mhz AMD Gamer series Storage: A 1TB WD Blue, a 500GB WD Blue, a Samsung 840 EVO 250GB

I have no problem on my side. Everything that works on Windows 8.1 should be working on Windows 10 so far.

You may need to run some drivers setup under compatibility mode to pass the OS check, but aside from that, everything is good.

I'll wait until the public beta once all of the changes are baked in (also without the data collection).

Actually, I think what would be better, is a forum section about everything related to Windows 10.

But I don't think that will happen yet, as there isn't enough to justify such action. If it's a program where News section is filled with news like this one, then I think mods will agree on such decision, but a small news here and there... I don't think it's worthwhile to go to teh trouble, and at worst will just move it to some Windows 10 thread.

I think that's a bad idea. Windows does not deserve an entire subforum any more than Intel, AMD, Nvidia, Android, iOS, OS X, GNU/Linux and many other things deserve their own subforums. I don't even think that's a good idea even if we start getting way too many Windows 10 threads.

The real solution is to keep everything in 1 thread and avoid making a brand new thread for every small change. When you start posting "this button used to be 3 dots but now it is 3 lines instead" as news, then you've gone way too far.

Microsoft actually listening to people testing their products should, at the very least, count as news IMO :)

Intel i7 5820K (4.5 GHz) | MSI X99A MPower | 32 GB Kingston HyperX Fury 2666MHz | Asus RoG STRIX GTX 1080ti OC | Samsung 951 m.2 nVME 512GB | Crucial MX200 1000GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 2000GB | Noctua NH-D15 | Fractal Define R5 | Seasonic 860 Platinum | Logitech G910 | Sennheiser 599 | Blue Yeti | Logitech G502

Nikon D500 | Nikon 300mm f/4 PF  | Nikon 200-500 f/5.6 | Nikon 50mm f/1.8 | Tamron 70-210 f/4 VCII | Sigma 10-20 f/3.5 | Nikon 17-55 f/2.8 | Tamron 90mm F2.8 SP Di VC USD Macro | Neewer 750II