AT&T expands beyond the US with $2.5 billion purchase of Mexican carrier Iusacell

Dietrichw

Source

AT&T

at%26t.1.u.png

AT&T just bought Mexican carrier Iusacell for $2.5 billion. AT&T's goal is to become a North American carrier similar to Deutsche Telekom that covers many European countries. Iusacell's 8.6 million subscribers will go to AT&T along with their wireless network. Iusacell uses the same 3G technology as AT&T but does not have any 4G service yet. AT&T has not made it clear if they will rebrand the Mexican carrier under their name or just control it under the current name.

I don't remember, is AT&T as bad as Comcast?

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

ohh ATT... Wasting money on useless investments when you could be working on improving coverage!!!

Are you new? Please read CoC  Before posting! PLEASE SELECT 'AUTOMATIC' FOR FONT COLOR FOR US DARK THEME USERS (Only for dark shades)If you can read this, it means you need to change to NIGHT THEME (bottom left above LMG logo) Please follow your threads and Quote people when replying to them. Mark your problem as solved if answered. Don't spam, nobody likes a spammer. DO NOT QUOTE IMAGES! BE NICE!

I wonder what would happen if they tried to expand into europe.

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

It's nearly finished:

att-death-star.jpg

This is LTT. One cannot force "style over substance" values & agenda on people that actually aren't afraid to pop the lid off their electronic devices, which happens to be the most common denominator of this community. Rather than take shots at this community in every post, why not seek out like-minded individuals elsewhere?

It's Iusacell no Lusacell, just saying

maybe that's a good thing, Iusacell wasn't really a great company

Error: 451                             

I'm not copying helping, really :P

0062_P3q1mqgT-mother-of-god-motherofgod-

Oh god. This is on of those threads in which I hear this song in my head as I finish reading the title...

Let's hope ATT actually invests on the company so we can have some competition here in Mexico.

#OhCrap #KilledMyWife

As a Mexican, I find this good. AT&T might be the devil or whatever in the US but we have a similar situation here with Telcel which has barely any competition, maybe with AT&Ts power Iusacell will be able to compete with them.

It may be good for this. Imagine if you are on AT&T and you take a trip to Mexico and you can still get coverage.

Interesting. Background info: Iusacell is a very distant third or fourth place here and has not been able to put a dent into telcel the main player

-------

Current Rig

-------

I don't remember, is AT&T as bad as Comcast?

AT&T as a company is pretty bad in some areas but as a customer of their wireless service I have yet to have a bad experience with their website, their service, or their customer service. I'm actually a fairly happy customer which is something I can't say about my experiences with the other three big carriers.

Dammit... It's spreading.... somebody KILL THIS CANCER!

HARDWARE INTERRUPT MOTHAF#%A!
WINDOWS 10 = adware, driven by spyware

Oh boy, now it's shit in another language. I'm ashamed this abomination of a company is headquartered in my hometown. :l

Oh boy, now it's shit in another language. I'm ashamed this abomination of a company is headquartered in my hometown. :l

Location Land of cows

LOL

-------

Current Rig

-------

LOL

I live in Dallas, Texas. The state stereotyped for cattle, oil and giant hats. Also home of the Cowboys. It seemed fitting. :V