Playing Music while Gaming

pewpewmerica

Here's what I do, my motherboard has a "line in jack" (my soundcard has one too) and with that I can use my smartphone and a male-male 3.5mm aux cable to hook it up to my computer so I now have sound going in. I then switch my device to "listen to" in the sound config panel but im just going to show you some pictures with arrows on that.

hnIuTHp.png

NSdsFl8.png

rMfEHM7.png

ODCeRtH.png

k1u7hTr.png

Edit: Headphone jacks may work also but tell me if I'm wrong.

Here's what I do, my motherboard has a "line in jack" (my soundcard has one too) and with that I can use my smartphone and a male-male 3.5mm aux cable to hook it up to my computer so I now have sound going in. I then switch my device to "listen to" in the sound config panel but im just going to show you some pictures with arrows on that.

hnIuTHp.png

NSdsFl8.png

rMfEHM7.png

ODCeRtH.png

k1u7hTr.png

but what is purpose of this? I listen music from my cellphone on my headset or something? I don't get it

Hoe Hoe Hoe and a bottle of RAM © Gankplank

It's a problem with Firefox and flash atm. It's causing just bad performance. 

oh okay, I don't get why firefox flash player always got issues, especially at videos higher than 1080p. It just won't play it right, while chrome peper based flash player works just fine :/

oh okay, I don't get why firefox flash player always got issues, especially at videos higher than 1080p. It just won't play it right, while chrome peper based flash player works just fine :/

There is this really cool site I saw on reddit months back that basically takes youtube videos and streams the sound and will be a lot like Pandora/Spotify but free and really neat. Let me see if I can dig it up for ya.

X-10 - 7980XE - Gigabyte Aorous Gaming 9 - 128GB GSkill TridentZ RGB - SLI Asus GTX 1080 TI Strix
Easy Desk GuideMalware Removal Guide - New mobo, Same OS Guide

could you just use spotify? it's essentially the same, just with an ad every 5-6 songs!

AMD 8350 // 8 GB Corsair Ram // PNY 780 Ti // Asus 1080p Monitor // Antec 120mm AIO // CM Quickfire TK w/ Custom Caps  // RAT 5 mouse // Audio Technica m50x // Behringer 4-line + Line6 8-line Audio Interfaces

could you just use spotify? it's essentially the same, just with an ad every 5-6 songs!

yeah I forgot about that, Thank you for refreshing my memory :D

Right click on the youtube video and make sure hardware acceleration is disabled

Edit: right click and go settings for flash player to be more specific, I found then that when it was enabled it would clock my gpu core clock to 500 and keep it there.

but what is purpose of this? I listen music from my cellphone on my headset or something? I don't get it

The point is that you get another devices sound feeding into your headset and you can still hear your game volume, another benefit is that you can change your music without having alt tab or exit your game.

Right click on the youtube video and make sure hardware acceleration is disabled

Why on Earth does YouTube need hardware acceleration?

yeah I forgot about that, Thank you for refreshing my memory :D

put in the toastify add on ( http://toastify.codeplex.com/ ) and you can change songs in game too! well most anyway...

AMD 8350 // 8 GB Corsair Ram // PNY 780 Ti // Asus 1080p Monitor // Antec 120mm AIO // CM Quickfire TK w/ Custom Caps  // RAT 5 mouse // Audio Technica m50x // Behringer 4-line + Line6 8-line Audio Interfaces

I have no earthly Idea, but flash player has a 'hardware acceleration option'. I guess its for lower end hardware?

does twitch.tv need hardware acceleration? So I can disable that too :D

does twitch.tv need hardware acceleration? So I can disable that too :D

I don't think it needs it, although I've never actually noticed it.

hnIuTHp.png

NSdsFl8.png

rMfEHM7.png

ODCeRtH.png

k1u7hTr.png

This is the correct way to be a computer nerd :)

I listen to itunes, its the best. 

#KilledMyWife 

LTT's Resident Black Star

I should get an award for still being here at this point 

Just download the music from dirpy.com and listen through the media player

AMD FX 8350, ASUS GTX 770 DirectCUII, ASUS SABERTOOTH 990FX R2.0, CORSAIR TX 750, CORSAIR VEANGENCE BLACK 8GB'S 1600Mhz, Hyper 212 evo, Aerocool Strike-X GT, Crucial M4 128GB SSD, Seagate Baracuda 2TB, Asus CrapReader 

• 3 months later...

I usually listen to my favorite pandora station on certain games

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

No, i can't hear the game then

msi z97m gaming - i5 4690k @4.4ghz 1.2V corsair h110 powercolor r9 290x pcs+ - 8GB corsair vengeance dual channel @2133mhz - thermaltake smart power se 730watts - intel 530 series 240GB ssd seagate 1tb 7200rpm - corsiar obsidian 350D - 2x enermax tb silence 140mm - logitech x-530 - sony mdr xb600 - medion 24'' 1080P cm storm quickfire tk white edition with cherry mx red cheap but awesome mouse #GloriousPaintMasterRace

Music always unless I'm watching a video.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.