Playing Music while Gaming

pewpewmerica

Depends on the game, sometimes.

If I'm playing Bloodborne for instance, I'll put some Emerson Lake & Palmer on because for some reason it gets me pumped into playing it.

As for other games, I'll put anything on. Hell, I even put videos on in the background.

DAYTONA

PROCESSOR - AMD RYZEN 7 3700X
MOTHERBOARD - ASUS PRIME X370-PRO
RAM - 32GB (4x8GB) CORSAIR VENGEANCE LPX DDR4-2400
CPU COOLING - NOCTUA NH-D14
GRAPHICS CARD - EVGA NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 980Ti SC+ ACX 2.0 w/ BACKPLATE
BOOT and PROGRAMS - CORSAIR MP600 1TB
GAMES and FILES - TOSHIBA 2TB
INTERNAL BACKUP - WESTERN DIGITAL GREEN 4TB
POWER SUPPLY - CORSAIR RM850i
CASE - CORSAIR OBSIDIAN 750D

For single player games i listen to the games soundtrack.

For multiplayer games i listen to some Cancer Bats or Eisbrecher and Megaherz

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

Depends on the game.

If I play RPGs I tend to listen to atmospheric folk music like Wardruna and Hvarna.

For anything else I just listen to whatever I feel like from my music library. So it can be anything from Undergang over Perturbator to Vivaldi

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

Most games I can't really since they have their own sounds I need to pay attention to, but for the management or simulation type games that I can play music for, it varies more than anyone would possibly guess.  One of my favourite recent moments was nuking people in Civ V while John Denver sings "I'm tired of big cities, and so tired of big city ways"  :lol:

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

I have a playlist. It has Iron Maiden, Metallica, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Eminem, Some remixes, Disturbed etc.

I only really listen to music when I'm playing TF2.

• AMD Athlon X4 760K CPU   |   MSI FM2+ ATX A88X-G45 Motherboard   |   8GB 1600MHz RAM   |   MSI GTX 760 GPU (Reference)
  • Thermaltake Versa H22 Case   |   1TB Seagate, 0.5TB Hitachi (7200RPM)   |   ArcticRed+ 700WStock    |   Windows 8.1

Most games I can't really since they have their own sounds I need to pay attention to, but for the management or simulation type games that I can play music for, it varies more than anyone would possibly guess.  One of my favourite recent moments was nuking people in Civ V while John Denver sings "I'm tired of big cities, and so tired of big city ways"  :lol:

Not that it was intended that way, but that reminds me of We Built This City by Starship.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

None. I cant focus on the game. 

Just because you don't care, doesn't mean other others don't. Don't be a self-centered asshole. -Thank You a PSA from the people who do not say random shit on the internet. 

Not that it was intended that way, but that reminds me of We Built This City by Starship.

I love that song! FTW!

Just because you don't care, doesn't mean other others don't. Don't be a self-centered asshole. -Thank You a PSA from the people who do not say random shit on the internet. 

Game audio is imperative for me, so I will listen to that.

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

Sometimes I'll listen to Welcome to the Jungle by Guns 'N' Roses.

Good choice!  That reminds me, I used to listen to "Jungle Love" by Morris Day a lot when I played Archeblade which is unfortunately gone now.

"As Individuals we are weak like twigs but when we come together we become a mighty faggot"

Guess that would be the "opposite"

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

I have a playlist. It has Iron Maiden, Metallica, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Eminem, Some remixes, Disturbed etc.

I only really listen to music when I'm playing TF2.

I agree, the sounds on TF2 are really annoying to me, especially the people on voice chat.

"As Individuals we are weak like twigs but when we come together we become a mighty faggot"

I don't.

What do they know of England, who only England know?

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

None. I cant focus on the game. 

Sometimes when I get pissed and my KDR starts to dip I pause the music and get really serious lol

I don't.

Then why post?

I listen to mostly nothing, I tend to concentrate on the game. Otherwise, it's Five Iron Frenzy on single player games.

I used to be quite active here.

Sometimes when I get pissed and my KDR starts to dip I pause the music and get really serious lol

Lol

I don't.

I agree, the sounds on TF2 are really annoying to me, especially the people on voice chat.

Oh and of course, I have Motorhead on that playlist

• AMD Athlon X4 760K CPU   |   MSI FM2+ ATX A88X-G45 Motherboard   |   8GB 1600MHz RAM   |   MSI GTX 760 GPU (Reference)
  • Thermaltake Versa H22 Case   |   1TB Seagate, 0.5TB Hitachi (7200RPM)   |   ArcticRed+ 700WStock    |   Windows 8.1

I think Linus listens to Metallica. His new front panel looks like the cover of "Ride the Lightning"

post-185115-0-28127100-1453149664.jpg

You know what? I take that back.  I dabble a bit in techno/dubstep(so many terms for artificial music) so I have a Skrillex radio on Spotify that I'll let ramble on(because I love the punchy bass with my HD8 DJ's getting put to work)

I think Linus listens to Metallica. His new front panel looks like the cover of "Ride the Lightning"

It reminds me of those cheap carnival attractions like the kiddy house ones that you release your child into.  They usually have the cheesey airbrushing on the outside.

It reminds me of those cheap carnival attractions like the kiddy house ones that you release your child into.  They usually have the cheesey airbrushing on the outside.

That too.

Then why post?

Because I can.

What do they know of England, who only England know?

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"