Verge saw Halo: Nightfall. They did not like it at all.

Rafy

The Verge had a chance to see the first episode early and looks like they did not like it at all! Here are some quotes:

Andrew Webster

Reporter, succinct reviewer

The emotional depth of the Phantom Menace combined with the production values of a made-for-TV movie. Cool armor, though.

TC Sottek

News Editor, PC gaming hypebeast

This show is so bad I'm buying a PS4.

Ellis Hamburger

Reporter, fast food staple

[This is too beautiful to copy edit. Leaving this as submitted. Sorry, Ellis! — RM]

hey! so this was really terrible. it reminded me of a low budget SyFy series that i’d never want to watch

the special effects were mortifying, dialogue was almost completely pointless, and the overall affect was that this thing wanted to replicate 300 but with random Halo dudes

it was just so cheesey and bizarre and i could barely get thru it :(

Jake Kastrenakes

Reporter

If this is what Microsoft's original programming was going to look like, it's a good thing that Satya Nadella pulled the cord. Halo: Nightfall feels like it's meant for kids, with goofy chase and fight sequences, cheesy effects, and spell-out-every-single-detail-for-you dialog.

I really do think that there's a good sci-fi story inside of Halo — it's basically Lost, but they're in space and discovering weird things about an ancient ring — but none of that is in Nightfall.

Source: http://www.theverge.com/2014/11/6/7164047/ridley-scott-halo-nightfall-thoughts

I'd wait till I watch it myself, though my expectations were never high to begin with really. Halo's story has always been massively overrated (although its lore / universe has been really cool).

Tea, Metal, and poorly written code.

can't wait to see Halo fanboys defend this

like when they tried to defend Forward Unto Dawn

I'm sorry, anyone who thinks Forward Unto Dawn was good has no perception of quality film or storytelling.

if you're still delusional and think that series was good? go look at the view count for episode one and the final - it clearly wasn't interesting enough to keep everyone watching to the end

I'd wait till I watch it myself, though my expectations were never high to begin with really. Halo's story has always been massively overrated (although its lore / universe has been really cool).

have you read the books? there actually good.

I'm sorry, anyone who thinks Forward Unto Dawn was good has no perception of quality film or storytelling.

if you're still delusional and think that series was good? go look at the view count for episode one and the final - it clearly wasn't interesting enough to keep everyone watching to the end

Halo legends wasn't too bad though. But i won't defend FuD..

There are a lot of books that could become excellent movies. Contact: Harvest and The Cole protocol spring to mind immediately

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

What were they expecting from a series made with the sole purpose of promoting a console and n exclusive for it? Besides, there are almost no movies/tv series taken from videogames that can be considered decent.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

this was bound to happen, the halo books could make a decent action movie but never a tv show. 

Forward Unto Dawn wasn't that bad though and many people seemed to like it.

144Hz goodness

What were they expecting from a series made with the sole purpose of promoting a console and n exclusive for it? Besides, there are almost no movies/tv series taken from videogames that can be considered decent.

Devil May Cry Anime.

I thought it was "good". is there anything better out there? the acting was really good in forward unto dawn. I still haven't seen anything better tbh.

SPAAAAAACE!!!

Movies should turn into games, games dont turn into movies. Simple as that.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

Speaking of rings and TV shows.

DFQwoXiUcYMUBtJ-556x313-noPad.jpg

I will wait to see for myself. I Loved SGU, for example, but critics and whatnot did not. 

This and Caprica were my crack. ffs, they canceled my babies for wrestling and ghost hunters :'(

SPAAAAAACE!!!

Forward Unto Dawn wasn't that bad though and many people seemed to like it.

I actually did enjoy it.

I'm a fan of the Halo story, the games not quite as much these days (past Halo 1 anyways). Partially because they ruined it with various things, partially because it's only on console.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

This and Caprica were my crack. ffs, they canceled my babies for wrestling and ghost hunters :'(

I know right? I loved Caprica as well.

Both had a similar very dark and moody feel to them, and I loved it. Apparently people didn't...."it wasn't like the others" they said. So? :(

D3SL91 | Ethan | Gaming+Work System | NAS System | Photo: Nikon D750 + D5200

Polygon happened to be more supportive of it. 

If it matches FuD, I'll like it. The problem with FuD and maybe this is that people expect them to work like a TV show. Not really. Its a movie of the week. Mini series. Its a short run and its done. Maybe showing only one episode doesn't work. Maybe showing all would be better. Maybe it really does suck. 

I'll judge for myself once it comes out. "Critics" have never really swayed my opinion on media. Either I personally like it or I don't. I know lots of critics who'd say shows like Entourage or Suits are fluff, I'd say they are fun shows worth having in my collection. 

Have to judge for myself. 

this was bound to happen, the halo books could make a decent action movie but never a tv show.

Seriously, just the very beginning would probably make for a killer prequel or something to the Halo universe. That would start a handful of movies so easily.

Among others above, I also enjoyed FuD. Was it the best piece of sci-fi cinema ever released? Hell no. But it honestly had more emotional depth then Transformers did. I was quite saddened when Cadet Silva died. *cries a single tear*

I also loved SG-U, but did not like Caprica that much.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

have you read the books? there actually good.

I have read a few. Cole Protocol, Ghosts of Onyx, and one of the new ones released to explain halo four (it was about a forerunner whose father was a prominent Builder and also about how the Didact came back).

The books are pretty good but not amazing IMO.

Among others above, I also enjoyed FuD. Was it the best piece of sci-fi cinema ever released? Hell no. But it honestly had more emotional depth then Transformers did. I was quite saddened when Cadet Silva died. *cries a single tear*

I also loved SG-U, but did not like Caprica that much.

I've been a huge fan of the transformers comics, which were really good, but the movies... Screw Michael Bay.

I have read a few. Cole Protocol, Ghosts of Onyx, and one of the new ones released to explain halo four (it was about a forerunner whose father was a prominent Builder and also about how the Didact came back).

The books are pretty good but not amazing IMO.

you want to read fall of reach, the flood and first strike, they are by far the best and fall of reach is probably the best.

I've been a huge fan of the transformers comics, which were really good, but the movies... Screw Michael Bay.

I haven't seen the comics, but I did buy both the 3rd person action games after TotalBiscuit did a "WTF is..." on them.

I... I haven't played them yet though xD WHY MUST YOU HAVE SO MANY GOOD SALES, STEAM?!

I actually really enjoy the Michael Bay Transformers movies. Yeah, they're shallow as fuck, but the action scenes... ohhhhhh man. Love that stuff. Shia, not so much though.

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

I haven't seen the comics, but I did buy both the 3rd person action games after TotalBiscuit did a "WTF is..." on them.

I... I haven't played them yet though xD WHY MUST YOU HAVE SO MANY GOOD SALES, STEAM?!

I actually really enjoy the Michael Bay Transformers movies. Yeah, they're shallow as fuck, but the action scenes... ohhhhhh man. Love that stuff. Shia, not so much though.

The games are amazing. I can see the appeal for the films, it's just not for me.

The games are amazing. I can see the appeal for the films, it's just not for me.

Yeah for sure. Well I'm still hoping Nightfall will be awesome. Steven Spielberg is attached to it (Unless he dropped out of the project?), and yes, he can occasionally make bad things, but for the most part having him there will be good.

Does anyone know if there a trailer for Nightfall that can show us what the effects look like?