The Division will not downgrade graphics on PC

LoBodomy

Not. a. fucking. chance.

Get fucked Ubisoft.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

We'll only cram in nvidia exclusive tech and still have it run like ass on pc. - Ubisoft.

Mobo: Z97 MSI Gaming 7 / CPU: i5-4690k@4.5GHz 1.23v / GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 / RAM: 8GB DDR3 1600MHz@CL9 1.5v / PSU: Corsair CX500M / Case: NZXT 410 / Monitor: 1080p IPS Acer R240HY bidx

And yet these games are developed and showcased on a PC. I remember recalling an article or something that said that the reason for Watch_Dog's missing graphical features was due to the orders that they took from the console makers. So by complaining about them removing it, you are actually complaining about the power that console makers have about all parts of the product. Its probably the same reason why some games on Xbox will actually perform the same on PS4 despite the difference in hardware power.

We even see this through the publishers side too, were publishers force devs to release broken games (EA has a lot of good examples). Only now are we seeing a bit more moments where publishers actually think about the devs and act accordingly (which EA is also a good example of). I think its time for the industry to take a generic change in my opinion. This is probably the same reason why people look a lot to indie games, since they're not really forced by those same conditions.

the only reason consoles can force ubisoft to do something like this is cause of the amount of money they make off console games sales...  doesn't really matter what they're developed on...

HP something | 5600X | Corsair  16GB | Zotac ArcticStorm GTX 1080 Ti | Samsung 840 Pro 256GB | OCZ Agility 3 480GB | ADATA SP550 960 GB

Corsair AX860i | CaseLabs SM8 | EK Supremacy | UT60 420 | ST30 360 | ST30 240

Gentle Typhoon's and Noctua's and Noiseblocker eLoop's

Which means it's gonna run like sh*t.

10 fps master race time!

PC: 5600x @ 4.85GHz // RTX 3080 Eagle OC // 16GB Trident Z Neo  // Corsair RM750X // MSI B550M Mortar Wi-Fi // Noctua NH-D15S // Cooler Master NR400 // Samsung 50QN90A // Logitech G305 // Corsair K65 // Corsair Virtuoso //

But I wouldn't be surprised if the FPS got capped on the BUTTERY SMOOTH 24.997!

Looking at you @Kloaked

Empty promises don't get me fooled. Division looks damn good but if the scene from the trailer is less impressive on PC then they dug their own grave.

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

At Ubisoft, it's not called downgrade.

It's called "optimization."

Anyone who has a sister hates the fact that his sister isn't Kasugano Sora.
Anyone who does not have a sister hates the fact that Kasugano Sora isn't his sister.
I'm not insulting anyone; I'm just being condescending. There is a difference, you see...

But I wouldn't be surprised if the FPS got capped on the BUTTERY SMOOTH 24.997!

Looking at you @Kloaked

I would be. We will still have to wait on FC4 and ACUnity because we still have not seen a game caped at 30 fps. But if they put a 30 fps cap on those game they will have to get a pickaxe ready. 

the only reason consoles can force ubisoft to do something like this is cause of the amount of money they make off console games sales...  doesn't really matter what they're developed on...

Let's make it a generality then. A lot of content makers make money off from putting their video on Youtube. You don't see Youtube hurting a lot of the people that do make their revenue. You don't see Twitch forcing streamers that generate revenue on their site to not put clips on Youtube. Doing things like is in terms of music, is considered going mainstream, which is seen as bad in almost all cases. You see apps being developed and getting lots of money from both Android/iOS. You don't see either one forcing conditions on other versions. These are all forms of content creation.

It is even more funny because you are telling me this, yet when it was about to release, they said their focus was apparently on PC. Console makers can't just decide to stop a game from releasing on their console. The market works both ways, console sales/usage relies on game sales/usage and vice versa. Just because their sales are big in a specific market, doesn't mean that market should have control in others.

Let's make it a generality then. A lot of content makers make money off from putting their video on Youtube. You don't see Youtube hurting a lot of the people that do make their revenue. You don't see Twitch forcing streamers that generate revenue on their site to not put clips on Youtube. Doing things like is in terms of music, is considered going mainstream, which is seen as bad in almost all cases. You see apps being developed and getting lots of money from both Android/iOS. You don't see either one forcing conditions on other versions. These are all forms of content creation.

It is even more funny because you are telling me this, yet when it was about to release, they said their focus was apparently on PC. Console makers can't just decide to stop a game from releasing on their console. The market works both ways, console sales/usage relies on game sales/usage and vice versa. Just because their sales are big in a specific market, doesn't mean that market should have control in others.

I agree with everything you say (and with all your other posts that I've replied to in this thread), but it just doesn't seam to be the case with ubisoft lately

HP something | 5600X | Corsair  16GB | Zotac ArcticStorm GTX 1080 Ti | Samsung 840 Pro 256GB | OCZ Agility 3 480GB | ADATA SP550 960 GB

Corsair AX860i | CaseLabs SM8 | EK Supremacy | UT60 420 | ST30 360 | ST30 240

Gentle Typhoon's and Noctua's and Noiseblocker eLoop's

More horseshit from Ubisoft.

At this point even if you hold true to your word I'm not buying the game.

You've fucked yourselves over way too much.

More horseshit from Ubisoft.

At this point even if you hold true to your word I'm not buying the game.

You've fucked yourselves over way too much.

Ubisoft is the publisher not the dev most people here are acting like 4 year olds and seem to have either no clue how game devleopment works or are just ignorant.

The devs that are making The Division never even made a console game once they made only PC games so far which makes a bad PC version very unlikely.

Jundging a game by publisher is like judging a musican by his record label...

RTX2070OC 

The devs that are making The Division never even made a console game once they made only PC games so far which makes a bad PC version very unlikely.

Massive, Reflections, and Red Storm Entertainment have ALL worked on console games.

Massive worked on Assassin's Creed Revelations and Far Cry 3 for Windows, PS3, and Xbox360.

Relfections has worked on Destruction Derby 1 & 2, Thunder Truck Rally, Driver 1, 2, & 3, Stuntman, Driver Parallel Lines, Emergency Heroes, Driver SF, Just Dance 3 & 4, Far Cry 3, Just Dance 2014, Watch Dogs, and The Crew; all Playstation, Xbox, and/or Windows versions.

And Red Storm has worked on every single Tom Clancy's game since 1999, plus America's Army, Far Cry 3 and Far Cary 4, all console game versions and most of the PC versions as well.

So, please, tell me again how;

The devs that are making The Division never even made a console game once

When that is clearly not the case, at all?

Massive, Reflections, and Red Storm Entertainment have ALL worked on console games.

Massive worked on Assassin's Creed Revelations and Far Cry 3 for Windows, PS3, and Xbox360.

Relfections has worked on Destruction Derby 1 & 2, Thunder Truck Rally, Driver 1, 2, & 3, Stuntman, Driver Parallel Lines, Emergency Heroes, Driver SF, Just Dance 3 & 4, Far Cry 3, Just Dance 2014, Watch Dogs, and The Crew; all Playstation, Xbox, and/or Windows versions.

And Red Storm has worked on every single Tom Clancy's game since 1999, plus America's Army, Far Cry 3 and Far Cary 4, all console game versions and most of the PC versions as well.

So, please, tell me again how;

When that is clearly not the case, at all?

They only co-worked on those games.

Those games where all made by Ubisoft Montreal with help from a few other studios.

Massive them selves have never made a console game that's a huge difference.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Assassin's_Creed:_Revelations

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Far_Cry_3

RTX2070OC 

d613bda49d6c721aaf3a97357427f1a614b198ee

i5 4670K | ASUS Z87 Gryphon | EVGA GTX 780 Classified | Kingston HyperX black 16GB |  Kingston HyperX 3K 120GB SSD | Seagate Barracude 3TB - RAID 1 | Silverstone Strider Plus 750W 80Plus Silver | CoolerMaster Hyper 212X | Fractal Design Define Mini 

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say something a little different here. 

What if... 

What if Ubisoft grew a backbone and said "screw you MS and Sony, we're developing and releasing exclusively on PC unless you (MS and Sony) cease demands to purposely cut back the PC versions of our games." Ubisoft is a fairly big triple A game dev. The consoles need their games to help make them money. No more Assassin's Creed? No more Far Cry series? No more of any Ubisoft games on consoles? I think MS and Sony would listen to that and be willing to compromise and let Ubisoft make their games look and run as good as they want on PC. 

Also it can't be just Ubisoft that is under pressure from MS and Sony, there are probably others. If all pressured game devs threatened to pull from the console platforms I bet it would get their attention and we'd see a change... If it is only Ubisoft doing this, then they need to grow a pair stand up for themselves.

Oh to dream a dream... 

My Systems:

Main - Work + Gaming:

Spoiler

Woodland Raven: Ryzen 2700X // AMD Wraith RGB // Asus Prime X570-P // G.Skill 2x 8GB 3600MHz DDR4 // Radeon RX Vega 56 // Crucial P1 NVMe 1TB M.2 SSD // Deepcool DQ650-M // chassis build in progress // Windows 10 // Thrustmaster TMX + G27 pedals & shifter

F@H Rig:

Spoiler

FX-8350 // Deepcool Neptwin // MSI 970 Gaming // AData 2x 4GB 1600 DDR3 // 2x Gigabyte RX-570 4G's // Samsung 840 120GB SSD // Cooler Master V650 // Windows 10

HTPC:

Spoiler

SNES PC (HTPC): i3-4150 @3.5 // Gigabyte GA-H87N-Wifi // G.Skill 2x 4GB DDR3 1600 // Asus Dual GTX 1050Ti 4GB OC // AData SP600 128GB SSD // Pico 160XT PSU // Custom SNES Enclosure // 55" LG LED 1080p TV  // Logitech wireless touchpad-keyboard // Windows 10 // Build Log

Laptops:

Spoiler

MY DAILY: Lenovo ThinkPad T410 // 14" 1440x900 // i5-540M 2.5GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD iGPU + Quadro NVS 3100M 512MB dGPU // 2x4GB DDR3L 1066 // Mushkin Triactor 480GB SSD // Windows 10

WIFE'S: Dell Latitude E5450 // 14" 1366x768 // i5-5300U 2.3GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD5500 // 2x4GB RAM DDR3L 1600 // 500GB 7200 HDD // Linux Mint 19.3 Cinnamon

EXPERIMENTAL: Pinebook // 11.6" 1080p // Manjaro KDE (ARM)

NAS:

Spoiler

Home NAS: Pentium G4400 @3.3 // Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3 // 2x 4GB DDR4 2400 // Intel HD Graphics // Kingston A400 120GB SSD // 3x Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200 HDDs in RAID-Z // Cooler Master Silent Pro M 1000w PSU // Antec Performance Plus 1080AMG // FreeNAS OS

i am missing something here...

if they "will not downgrade graphics" from the "consoles" to the "pc"

is this... not... bad... for the pc ?  :lol:

i am missing something here...

if they "will not downgrade graphics" from the "consoles" to the "pc"

is this... not... bad... for the pc ?  :lol:

I probibly should have though about the title a bit more. :)