The Division will not downgrade graphics on PC

LoBodomy

Looks like ubisoft are taking a break from digging.

In an interview with Open World Games, Martin Hultberg the head of communications at Massive Entertainment talked about how they want to treat every platform or console as its own version.

"Obviously, we want to make a game that looks the best it can on its respective format, so Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and PC. So I think the term downgrade is a bit confusing and weird because we're trying to get the utmost out of every machine we use. So Xbox gets its attention, PlayStation gets its attention, and PC, of course, we'll be able to cram it up a bit more depending on the hardware you have."

- quote from interview

Sourse:

PCGamer:                                      http://www.pcgamer.com/the-division-will-cram-it-up-graphically-on-the-pc/

Interview from Open World Games:     

Won't believe them until I see it.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

Have we reached the point where it's news to not have nerfed graphics on a certain platform or have a game working at launch?

Looks like ubisoft are taking a break from digging.

In an interview with Open World Games, Martin Hultberg the head of communications at Massive Entertainment talked about how they want to treat every platform or console as its own version.

"Obviously, we want to make a game that looks the best it can on its respective format, so Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and PC. So I think the term downgrade is a bit confusing and weird because we're trying to get the utmost out of every machine we use. So Xbox gets its attention, PlayStation gets its attention, and PC, of course, we'll be able to cram it up a bit more depending on the hardware you have."

- quote from interview

Sourse:

PCGamer:                                      http://www.pcgamer.com/the-division-will-cram-it-up-graphically-on-the-pc/

Interview from Open World Games:     

Where have we heard this before?

Oh yeah. 

http://www.pcgamer.com/watch-dogs-is-targeting-pc-as-lead-platform/

http://www.cinemablend.com/games/Far-Cry-4-Lead-Development-Platform-PC-64700.html

Nuh uh. We didn't downgrade anything. You are all seeing things. Move along. Move along.

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2014/06/amid-controversy-ubisoft-denies-downgrading-graphics-on-pc-watch-dogs/

CPU:24/7-4770k @ 4.5ghz/4.0 cache @ 1.22V override, 1.776 VCCIN. MB: Z87-G41 PC Mate. Cooling: Hyper 212 evo push/pull. Ram: Gskill Ares 1600 CL9 @ 2133 1.56v 10-12-10-31-T1 150 TRFC. Case: HAF 912 stock fans (no LED crap). HD: Seagate Barracuda 1 TB. Display: Dell S2340M IPS. GPU: Sapphire Tri-x R9 290. PSU:CX600M OS: Win 7 64 bit/Mac OS X Mavericks, dual boot Hackintosh.

They dont have to downgrade graphics they can just choose to never develop any higher then console

A similar story was given for Watch Dogs.

I'll believe it when reviewers give it the green to buy.

This is code for 'We will make the graphics shit on all platforms'

I don't believe it one bit. Whats next 24FPS because everyone loves movies? 

I don't think the day that consoles won't hold back pc graphics came, i won't believe this untill i see it.

Rig: I5-3570K@4.3Ghz - Cooler Thermaltake Frio Advanced - Ram Kingston 1333Mhz 8gb (2x4) - GPU GTX 970 4GD5T OC - Motherboard Z77MA-G45 - PSU CoolerMaster GX II 750w - Storage WD 500gb HDD - Sound Edifier M3700 5.1 - Headset Corsair Vengeance 1500 - Mouse Razer Deathadder 2013 - Keyboard Razer Anansi - Mousepad Steelseries QcK+ - Xbox 360 Wireless Controller x2

finally not going for parity across platforms, thank god. But I thought ubisoft wanted parity...(far cry 4)

CPU: Intel 3570 GPUs: Nvidia GTX 660Ti Case: Fractal design Define R4  Storage: 1TB WD Caviar Black & 240GB Hyper X 3k SSD Sound: Custom One Pros Keyboard: Ducky Shine 4 Mouse: Logitech G500

I don't think the day that consoles won't hold back pc graphics came, i won't believe this untill i see it.

Remember Watch Dogs.

Won't believe them until I see it.

Same.

Maybe they didn't downgrade it, they just automagically made the consoles run like PCs!

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

Same.

Maybe they didn't downgrade it, they just automagically made the consoles run like PCs!

Yep Ubisoft got some magic tricks in their sleeves.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

i would love the see it, but i can't believe it.

Build: Sister's new build |CPU i5 2500k|MOBO MSI h61m-p23 b3|PSU Rosewill 850w  |RAM 4GB 1333|GPU Radeon HD 6950 2GB OCedition|HDD 500GB 7200|HDD 500GB 7200|CASE Rosewill R5|Status online

Build: Digital Vengeance|CPU i7 4790k 4.8GHz 1.33V|MOBO MSI z97-Gaming 7|PSU Seasonic Xseries 850w|RAM 16GB G.skill sniper 2133|GPU Dual R9 290s|SSD 256GB Neutron|SSD 240GB|HDD 2TB 7200|CASE Fractal Design Define R5|Status online

It "won't be downgraded"..... Yeah, ok

CPU: I7 3770k @4.8 ghz | GPU: GTX 1080 FE SLI | RAM: 16gb (2x8gb) gskill sniper 1866mhz | Mobo: Asus P8Z77-V LK | PSU: Rosewill Hive 1000W | Case: Corsair 750D | Cooler:Corsair H110| Boot: 2X Kingston v300 120GB RAID 0 | Storage: 1 WD 1tb green | 2 3TB seagate Barracuda|

I'll believe it when I see it.... thank you very much.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3800X Motherboard: MSI B550 Tomahawk RAM: Kingston HyperX Predator RGB 32 GB (4x8GB) DDR4 GPU: EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 SSD: ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro 512 GB NVME | Samsung QVO 1TB SSD  HDD: Seagate Barracuda 4TB | Seagate Barracuda 8TB Case: Phanteks ECLIPSE P600S PSU: Corsair RM850x

I am a gamer, not because I don't have a life, but because I choose to have many.

Have we reached the point where it's news to not have nerfed graphics on a certain platform or have a game working at launch?

if its ubitsoft, yes

HP something | 5600X | Corsair  16GB | Zotac ArcticStorm GTX 1080 Ti | Samsung 840 Pro 256GB | OCZ Agility 3 480GB | ADATA SP550 960 GB

Corsair AX860i | CaseLabs SM8 | EK Supremacy | UT60 420 | ST30 360 | ST30 240

Gentle Typhoon's and Noctua's and Noiseblocker eLoop's

Massive made only PC games so far this is their first game even coming to console so I'm not to worried about this game they aren't Ubisoft Montreal.

RTX2070OC 

if its ubitsoft, yes

Correct me if I'm wrong but this all started because of the effects that they removed from Watch_Dogs and after that some quotes about 30 fps (which I don't agree with).

So one game that lost some effects and some quotes, educate me if i'm wrong.

It feels a bit to thin to judge ALL of the Ubisoft studios.

Think we should wait for them to say "We're not going to take any bullshit orders from console makers." That's the only reason they didn't switch the PC part back on. Their studio are based off Nvidia, so I don't see why they take orders from consoles, which is AMD dominant. Maybe get Nvidia to size them up.

"depending on the hardware you have"

That means 10 more fps than xbox with triple 980s.

Anyone who has a sister hates the fact that his sister isn't Kasugano Sora.
Anyone who does not have a sister hates the fact that Kasugano Sora isn't his sister.
I'm not insulting anyone; I'm just being condescending. There is a difference, you see...

Correct me if I'm wrong but this all started because of the effects that they removed from Watch_Dogs and after that some quotes about 30 fps (which I don't agree with).

So one game that lost some effects and some quotes, educate me if i'm wrong.

It feels a bit to thin to judge ALL of the Ubisoft studios.

well then they've also been coming out and making stupid announcements week after week, like the 30 fps thing, resolution is just a number, console's are forcing them the nerf pc versions of their games, console versions will looks and perform just as good as pc versions (ie, nerfing the pc game), etc.  

I guess we'll see when ACUnity and FC4 come out...  I hope it not true, especially the 30 fps lock on PC.  I'd much rather deal with console level graphics than a 30 fps lock.

HP something | 5600X | Corsair  16GB | Zotac ArcticStorm GTX 1080 Ti | Samsung 840 Pro 256GB | OCZ Agility 3 480GB | ADATA SP550 960 GB

Think we should wait for them to say "We're not going to take any bullshit orders from console makers." That's the only reason they didn't switch the PC part back on. Their studio are based off Nvidia, so I don't see why they take orders from consoles, which is AMD dominant. Maybe get Nvidia to size them up.

cause they sell waaaaaaaay more console games than pc games

but thats no excuse, its the same deal for all the other game dev's out there that makes games for all 3 platforms.  you don't see anyone else complaining about this.

cause they sell waaaaaay more console games than pc games

but thats no excuse, its the same deal for all the other game dev's out there that makes games for all 3 platforms.  you don't see anyone else complaining about this.

And yet these games are developed and showcased on a PC. I remember recalling an article or something that said that the reason for Watch_Dog's missing graphical features was due to the orders that they took from the console makers. So by complaining about them removing it, you are actually complaining about the power that console makers have about all parts of the product. Its probably the same reason why some games on Xbox will actually perform the same on PS4 despite the difference in hardware power.

We even see this through the publishers side too, were publishers force devs to release broken games (EA has a lot of good examples). Only now are we seeing a bit more moments where publishers actually think about the devs and act accordingly (which EA is also a good example of). I think its time for the industry to take a generic change in my opinion. This is probably the same reason why people look a lot to indie games, since they're not really forced by those same conditions.