Xbox One Price Droppped to $349 for the Holiday Season

Good. Hopefully the price keeps dropping. It's crazy that it has only been out for a year and has dropped by $150. I might pick one up once (if) the price goes down to $200.

This surprisingly interests me. I am wanting an Xbox One to finish the Halo franchise, but other than that, I don't really care. This actually makes me want one for more than just Halo. 

What do they know of England, who only England know?

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

Oh, so only people exclusive to LinusTechTips forums can plug controllers and games into 970s?

Yes let's try to stubbornly stick to your stupid defused argument, I'm sure nobody will notice, I won't, seriously I won't at all!

*Updates ignore list*

-------

Current Rig

-------

Yes let's try to stubbornly stick to your stupid defused argument, I'm sure nobody will notice, I won't, seriously I won't at all!

*Updates ignore list*

Yep, and let's try to stubbornly stick to your defused argument that you can game on the GTX 970 experience for the price of an entire Xbox One. Let's ignore the fact you need a CPU that won't bottleneck it, a power supply that can power it and that CPU, a case that fits it, a motherboard with the required slots, a motherboard that supports the CPU, the RAM required for current games, a mouse and keyboard, a fan for your CPU, and a hard drive. All for the price of an Xbox One. But oh, I forgot, if you're a member of LinusTechTips Forum, you don't need any of that and thus have no reason to buy an Xbox One, of course!

Oh look, he ignores anyone who dares call out his godawful arguments.

qobzhg.gif

Yeah, when you have most GTX 970s at or under 350 as well I think that makes it a much more worthwhile holiday investment for people on this forums. And no, exclusive titles are not an excuse to get an inferior machine, what you're basically doing is making sure you'll be screwed out of even more titles in the future by supporting an exclusive deal on a platform.

Are you seriously comparing one PC part to a full "system"? lol

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

Are you seriously comparing one PC part to a full "system"? lol

Are you seriously dense enough to also not understand that virtually everybody on this forum already has a PC and I made that comment specifically suggesting that it would be much better to fucking upgrade your rig?

-------

Current Rig

-------

Which is 350+ 50% of taxes which is normal in EU.

50 motherfu..ing %, its outrageous. Everytime theres a mention about prices US vs EU part of me dies inside.

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

$50 off potato.

Still not worth it to pay ~$50 every year just to play multiplayer.

Yep, and let's try to stubbornly stick to your defused argument that you can game on the GTX 970 experience for the price of an entire Xbox One. Let's ignore the fact you need a CPU that won't bottleneck it, a power supply that can power it and that CPU, a case that fits it, a motherboard with the required slots, a motherboard that supports the CPU, the RAM required for current games, a mouse and keyboard, a fan for your CPU, and a hard drive. All for the price of an Xbox One. But oh, I forgot, if you're a member of LinusTechTips Forum, you don't need any of that and thus have no reason to buy an Xbox One, of course!

Oh look, he ignores anyone who dares call out his godawful arguments.

qobzhg.gif

That's not argument.

You are just ranting.

People can either upgrade their current PC(assuming modern enough) with a GTX 750ti(more than enough to beat xbone, not quite enough for ps4), or buy a new PC for about $400(that's the price of xbone + 1 year of subscription to play multiplayer games).

GTX 970 is for people who already have decent parts; but it's still a vastly superior option than potato.

Take your peasantry elsewhere.

Anyone who has a sister hates the fact that his sister isn't Kasugano Sora.
Anyone who does not have a sister hates the fact that Kasugano Sora isn't his sister.
I'm not insulting anyone; I'm just being condescending. There is a difference, you see...

50 motherfu..ing %, its outrageous. Everytime theres a mention about prices US vs EU part of me dies inside.

free healthcare bro.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

Are you seriously dense enough to also not understand that virtually everybody on this forum already has a PC and I made that comment specifically suggesting that it would be much better to fucking upgrade your rig?

PJSalt

Lots of people on this forum have very low end rigs, and an xbox one compared to a 970 in those very low end rigs from a few years back would most likely be a toss-up.  I'd rather have an xbone than an ancient pentium/athlon rig with a 970 in it.

Loads of people also have laptops, and I'd bet than 10-15% of the forum is using the "family" pc, which may not be "allowed" to upgrade by the family. You can't just generalize the whole audience of LTT like that lol.

Also realize that the majority of the community here is very young, and most likely would be using the "families" money to buy this "upgrade / xbone".  IMO it'd be easier to justify "mom buy me an xbox one for christmas please" than to convince them to buy a 970 and let you tear apart the family PC.

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

PJSalt

Lots of people on this forum have very low end rigs,

Sorry to cut you off but I don't care about the rest when we agree since an upgrade would benefit many here, kthxbye.

-------

Current Rig

-------

Sorry to cut you off but I don't care about the rest when we agree since an upgrade would benefit many here, kthxbye.

Except we're not completely agreeing, if you read my post you'd know that.  If the PC was a low end rig from a few years back, you'd most likely get a better benefit out of an xbone.  The PC may have a terrible PSU, bad case for ventilation and more things than just the GPU may need adding to the PC.  Versus just buying an xbox one and setting it up and forgetting about it.

If the PC was already somewhat recent, yes it'd benefit a lot. But not everyone here has that luxury, especially people with laptops.

I'm going to wait for the $199 price, and play halo all day.

CPU: I7 3770k @4.8 ghz | GPU: GTX 1080 FE SLI | RAM: 16gb (2x8gb) gskill sniper 1866mhz | Mobo: Asus P8Z77-V LK | PSU: Rosewill Hive 1000W | Case: Corsair 750D | Cooler:Corsair H110| Boot: 2X Kingston v300 120GB RAID 0 | Storage: 1 WD 1tb green | 2 3TB seagate Barracuda|

Not a bad price, they are really trying to appeal to people like us, PC & Nintendo gamers, into buying this and getting into the ecosystem.

Honestly, when the Xbone first released and was at $500, I laughed, hard. PS4 has so many better features at the time that Xbone wasn't worth it, especially when you could get the PS4 for $400. Then when Microsoft finally came to their senses and dropped Kinect and lowered it too $400, it got a little better and now at $350, it's even better.

However, it's not the best. Xbone still has only one(4) game I'm interested in, and that's Halo: MCC, but I am not buying into their ecosystem just for one game. I am not paying for Xbox Live just for one game. It's absolutely ridiculous that I have to pay to use such a crappy service and have to use crappy servers.

So I'll stay with PC and Nintendo gaming, and hopefully Microsoft comes to their senses, again, and releases Halo: MCC for PC.

Oh and the Xbone should have been $300 to begin with as it has inferior hardware to the PS4.

Except we're not completely agreeing, if you read my post you'd know that.  If the PC was a low end rig from a few years back, you'd most likely get a better benefit out of an xbone.  The PC may have a terrible PSU, bad case for ventilation and more things than just the GPU may need adding to the PC.  Versus just buying an xbox one and setting it up and forgetting about it.

If the PC was already somewhat recent, yes it'd benefit a lot. But not everyone here has that luxury, especially people with laptops.

Ignore him, he's just shitposting. He has no real argument.

I don't see the point of posting this as news...

PC parts drop in price around this time too.

And Steam Sales.

Anyone who does not have a sister hates the fact that Kasugano Sora isn't his sister.
I'm not insulting anyone; I'm just being condescending. There is a difference, you see...

yupp only want to buy the Halo 5 xbox with the master chief collection and play them for a week then never turn the xbox on again

Computer and other things (My Phanteks Enthoo Elite build is done)

Spoiler

Main Computer

Spoiler

Processor: Intel Core i7 6850k @4.5GHz
Motherboard: Asus Rampage V ROG Edition 10
Heatsink: Custom Hardline
Memory: Corsaor Dominator 16GB (4GB x2) DDR4 3000MHz 
Video Card: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW
Hard Drive: x2 OCZ ARC 100 240GB RAID 0 (Boot), Western Digital 4TB SSHD (Steam), x2 Adata 512GB (Steam)
Main GUI: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

All That Extra Stuff

Spoiler

Monitor: x2 Dell U2414H
Keyboard: Ducky Shine 5 RGB (Cherry MX Blue)
Mouse: Logitech G502
Headset: AKG K553 Pro Studio Headphones
Speakers: Boston Accustics Home Media Theater 2.1 + Boston Accustics Soundbar
Microphone: Audio Technica AT-2035 w/ Focusrite Scarlett Solo
Sound: Creative Sound Blaster E5 DAC

Server

Spoiler

Case: Rosewill 4U Rackmount RSV-L4500

Processor: Intel Xeon E5-2670 V3 12C/24T

Motherboard: Asrock x99 Extreme 4

Ram: Kingston HyperX DDR4 2133 4x4GB

Video Card: Nvidia GT520

OS Drive: Kingston Hyperx 240GB SSD

Raid Card: LSI MegaRaid  9261-8i 8-port

Hard Drives: x7 HGST 4TB Nas

Take your shitposting elsewhere.

You are the one shitposting.

I noticed a trend of you posting things that only apply to yourself.

"I know you are but what am I!"

There you go again.

That's subjective.

I don't like the PS4's exclusives. They don't interest me that much. I am more interested by Halo: Master Chief Collection and the Forza Motorsport franchise personally.

yea xb1 does have better exclusives, I generally dont like jap games

If you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life thinking it's stupid.  - Albert Einstein

still not worth it.

Build: Sister's new build |CPU i5 2500k|MOBO MSI h61m-p23 b3|PSU Rosewill 850w  |RAM 4GB 1333|GPU Radeon HD 6950 2GB OCedition|HDD 500GB 7200|HDD 500GB 7200|CASE Rosewill R5|Status online

Build: Digital Vengeance|CPU i7 4790k 4.8GHz 1.33V|MOBO MSI z97-Gaming 7|PSU Seasonic Xseries 850w|RAM 16GB G.skill sniper 2133|GPU Dual R9 290s|SSD 256GB Neutron|SSD 240GB|HDD 2TB 7200|CASE Fractal Design Define R5|Status online

That's subjective.

I don't like the PS4's exclusives. They don't interest me that much. I am more interested by Halo: Master Chief Collection and the Forza Motorsport franchise personally.

That's why I bought the Xbox One. The ps4 didn't have any current exclusives to why a purchase from me. I'm sure I'll get one eventually but I'm in no rush. Why buy a console when I won't play any of the current games on it?