Microsoft Drops the 'Nokia' Tag in the New Lumia Phones

"Nokia" too mainstream?greenimage3.png

According to a new blog post by Microsoft on a Nokia blog, the software giant revealed its upcoming smartphones will now be known as Microsoft Lumia ,  The new Microsoft branding will appear on future phones from the company, with a plain black version of the company's four-squared logo also set to make an appearance

When we announced that the Nokia Devices & Services business would become part of Microsoft, we also shared that Lumia, our smartphone brand, would become part of the Microsoft family. Since then, we have naturally been making the change from Nokia to Microsoft in our websites, packaging and other consumer touch points.

FEATbrandblog2.png

Our global and local websites are going through a transition as we speak and in the coming days our social channels will get a new name too, they will be called Microsoft Lumia said the spokesman for microsoft phone marketing ..

We would like to invite our Lumia fans to continue to follow us and always be up to speed with the latest device news on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.

Nokia Microsoft will continue to honor customer warranties and provide world-class care services as before

Microsoft Microsoft's SVP of Marketing for Phones "Tuula Rytilä" pictured below

Tuula.jpg

We will be unveiling the new microsoft own brand logo soon

- Tuula Rytilä

The new nomenclature will not affect the support of current Nokia devices

Although the Nokia name will no longer be used for smartphones, low-end phones the company calls out the Nokia 130 will still be sold under the banner.. :/ Microsoft will continue to sell Nokia branded, entry-level category of phones, such as the Nokia 130. We have licensed the Nokia brand for such devices said Rytila

Bonus:

d72a866a56713b1b4a04263fbd1157896edf36560.jpghitler-iPhone5.png

So what do you guys think? Good move? What's your opinion on the new branding? Post your thoughts/comments & rants down beloooowww B)

http://conversations.nokia.com/2014/10/24/say-hello-microsoft-lumia/

http://www.engadget.com/2014/10/24/microsoft-lumia-brand-announcement/

Details separate people.

Hopefully that Nokia DNA can turn it into a lethal projectile when needed...

To be honest I really like Lumia phones but I will miss Nokia high end phones.

This. Is. The. Worst. News. Ever.

Nokia was the most popular phone company before Android even existed. Before even APPLE existed. Now Microsoft is removing Nokia. First they screwed up the XBOX, then Windows, then Nokia. They screwed up EVERYTHING.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

This. Is. The. Worst. News. Ever.

Nokia was the most popular phone company before Android even existed. Before even APPLE existed. Now Microsoft is removing Nokia. First they screwed up the XBOX, then Windows, then Nokia. They screwed up EVERYTHING.

Well, windows 10 ain't bad, they fixed everything from win8

but the rest...

I don't want microsoft 3310, they don't deserve it ;-;

Well, windows 10 ain't bad, they fixed everything from win8

but the rest...

I don't want microsoft 3310, they don't deserve it ;-;

Microsoft didn't deserve to buy Nokia. They just don't. They ruin everything they buy. I wonder what Microsoft has in store for Minecraft. Possibly ruined.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

As a Fin I think this isn't a good move on Microsoft's part. They could have at least used the name for the phones, trying to sell a Microsoft lumia will not be as successful as selling a Nokia lumia IMO. The name does matter to some people.

Spoiler

Case Bitfenix Ghost, Mobo Asus Maximus VIII Ranger, CPU i7 6700K @4.2 Ghz cooled by Arctic cooling Freezer i30, (barely). GPU Nvidia GTX 970 Gigabyte G1 @1519Mhz core, RAM 16Gb Crucial Ballistix CL16 @2400Mhz. SSD 128GB Sandisk Ultra Plus as my OS drive. HDD's  1TB  Seagate ST31000524AS its OEM, 3TB Seagate Barracuda, 2x 500GB WDC Blue (RAID 0)

If it isn't working absolutely perfectly, according to all your assumptions, it is broken.

Microsoft didn't deserve to buy Nokia. They just don't. They ruin everything they buy. I wonder what Microsoft has in store for Minecraft. Possibly ruined.

It was already, 1.4 onwards was unnecessary.

They realize that they can not make their phones up to the Nokia standard of indestrucability.

They bought the entire division of the company responsible for creating the devices... You're literally saying Nokia's mobile division can't make phones of the Nokia mobile division's standard of indestructibility.

Also to everyone, Nokia still exists as a company. Microsoft didn't buy the whole thing.

CPU: i7 4790K  RAM: 32 GB 2400 MHz  Motherboard: Asus Z-97 Pro  GPU: GTX 770  SSD: 256 GB Samsung 850 Pro  OS: Windows 8.1 64-bit

They bought the entire division of the company responsible for creating the devices... You're literally saying Nokia's mobile division can't make phones of the Nokia mobile division's standard of indestructibility.

Also to everyone, Nokia still exists as a company. Microsoft didn't buy the whole thing.

Then what has the Nokia branding still then?

It was already, 1.4 onwards was unnecessary.

Nah, I thought 1.8 was necessary.

Then what has the Nokia branding still then?

Nah, I thought 1.8 was necessary.

I haven't played 1.8, I've given up on Minecraft altogether. I play Tekkit Classic from time to time though, I still love that :D

I haven't played 1.8, I've given up on Minecraft altogether. I play Tekkit Classic from time to time though, I still love that :D

Well play it. There are new elements altogether.

Well play it. There are new elements altogether.

Once I build Yivo I will ;) Thanks for the recommendation

why .... why buy the damn company then if ur gonna kill the world famous brand

third world countries still know the name nokia

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

i'm with you. this is microsoft's biggest fail of all time, windows 8 came in a close second.

I miss the old Nokia and its haydays... :(

CPU: i7 4790K-----GPU: Gigabyte GTX 980 G1 Gaming + MSI GTX 980 TWINFROZR ------MOBO: MSI Z97 Gaming 7-------RAM: Klevv Genuine 2400MHz-------PSU: EVGA 850W SuperNOVA G2-------CASE: Phanteks Enhtoo Luxe

This is truly the end of an era and a terrible business decision. MS just wants their branding everywhere.

I know that feels.

My nokia lumia w8 phone is still running strong, and still lethal if held to your ear too fast. Seems to me like MS is trying to be more and more like apple every day, tisk tisk MS, tisk tisk

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

So Microsoft kills the legendary Nokia, or rather has killed it since 1st Nokia with windows OS came out :'(

They used to be top brand before smartphones hit the market.

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

So Microsoft kills the legendary Nokia, or rather has killed it since 1st Nokia with windows OS came out :'(

They used to be top brand before smartphones hit the market.

I wouldn't agree with that entirely, my lumia 822 seems to be fairly tough compared to other phones I've seen. I'd be willing to let someone try and use it to bend an apple phone.

What about the low class budget phones of Nokia? The ones which cost like $30?

Humpty Dumpty was pushed.

I wouldn't agree with that entirely, my lumia 822 seems to be fairly tough compared to other phones I've seen. I'd be willing to let someone try and use it to bend an apple phone.

I wasnt talking about bending, just that Nokia was great back in a day as a phone company. Not just immortal 3310 :) I had 2 of their phones, one black colour display and one 16 000 (dont know the exact figure) colour display.

And nowadays u dont even hear about people buying this brand. Out of 30 people i know, only one has Nokia Lumia.

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

I wasnt talking about bending, just that Nokia was great back in a day as a phone company. Not just immortal 3310 :) I had 2 of their phones, one black colour display and one 16 000 (dont know the exact figure) colour display.

Ahh, well I was talking durability in general (not just bending), I've dropped my at least 2 to 3 times a day since I got it about 2 years ago and the screen is still perfect (if you clean off the smudges from my fingers) and what not. Battery seems to last a good while as well.