Microsoft Drops the 'Nokia' Tag in the New Lumia Phones

i wonder what will they do to lower end S40 phone like asha series, X series (X2,X3 not Nokia X android).

if they just change the name, then it's gonna weird. 

CPU:  i5 4690 Motherboard: AsRock H81M-VG4 RAM: Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2x4GB) 1600MHz Graphics Card: Sapphire HD7870 OC Intel HD4600  MSI R9 270X HAWX Storage: 1TB WD Blue 7200rpm, 120GB WDC Scorpio 5400 rpm PSU: Corsair VS550 Chassis: Custom Open Air Case OS: Windows 8.1 X64 Mouse: Roccat Kone Pure Optical Mousepad: Roccat Taito Keyboard: Armageddon Kalashnikov AK-770i

why .... why buy the damn company then if ur gonna kill the world famous brand

third world countries still know the name nokia

i'm with you. this is microsoft's biggest fail of all time, windows 8 came in a close second.

Microsoft paid for the rights to use the Nokia branding on smartphones for a little while, about 18 months I believe, in order to give them time to change over the branding to just Lumia.

Microsoft also has the rights to continue to use Nokia branding on feature phones for 10 years. It is also that where Nokia's brand is the strongest is in countries where most people are buying the feature phones and not smartphones anyway.

I just bought a Lumia 830, a very new Windows Phone, and it still carries the Nokia branding on the front and back of the device.

CPU: i7 4790K  RAM: 32 GB 2400 MHz  Motherboard: Asus Z-97 Pro  GPU: GTX 770  SSD: 256 GB Samsung 850 Pro  OS: Windows 8.1 64-bit

Tuula.jpg

??? what happened? :huh: what's wrong with the pic? other than being quite creepy

Details separate people.

HOLD THE FUCK UP.

They think that their brand name is better than Nokia?

The company known for fucking shit up in their OSes, fucking up with their phones, fucking up with their consoles, with their EVERYTHING. is a better name to show off their products than Nokia?!

Does Microsoft think they're that great? They're fucking dense, that's what they are.

FANBOY OF: PowerColor, be quiet!, Transcend, G.Skill, Phanteks

FORMERLY FANBOY OF: A-Data, Corsair, Nvidia

DEVELOPING FANBOY OF: AMD (GPUS), Intel (CPUs), ASRock

HOLD THE FUCK UP.

They think that their brand name is better than Nokia?

The company known for fucking shit up in their OSes, fucking up with their phones, fucking up with their consoles, with their EVERYTHING. is a better name to show off their products than Nokia?!

Does Microsoft think they're that great? They're fucking dense, that's what they are.

They fucked with everything, and ruined it in the process. Windows, XBOX, Minecraft, and Nokia.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D