Welp. Braces.

Jack.EXE

murica. where filling cavities costs money... 

It costs money everywhere else, it just changes on who's footing the bill. :P

Braces aren't too bad - you get used to them after a while. Just remember...even when you get them removed, wear the damn retainer.  :ph34r: 

After a while it will stop to hurt. Have fun when they replace the first wire, because that will hurt.

Intel 4790k | Asus Z97 Maximus VII Impact | Corsair Vengeance Pro Series 16 GB 1866Mhz | Asus Strix GTX 980 | CoolerMaster G550 |Samsung Evo 250GB | Synology DS215j (NAS) | Logitech G502 |

Just remember...even when you get them removed, wear the damn retainer.  :ph34r: 

Or else your're gonna have to get braces again.

it will be worth it in the long run mate, just think it would hurt more to pull them off

It doesn't hurt much actually.

Costs money wherever you go, people don't work for free. Here we just require you to pay for it instead of everyone paying for it (including you as well)

Except it's not.

well i find it better to pay 20€ per month and have everything free, whatever happens ;)

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

Game developer, AI researcher, Developing the UOLTT mobile apps

G SIX [My Mac Pro G5 CaseMod Thread]

I keep hearing how people have really sore mouths for the first few days and then it's fine, but that the retainers are a pain afterwards, which makes me grateful that I never got braces. I was meant to get them, but instead my dentist realised they'd be fine if I had one tooth removed. So I chose to get rid of the tooth. Hurt like mad at the time, even with local anaesthetic, because those stitches were there for a while.

PCs

Spoiler
Spoiler

Branwen (2015 build) - CPU: i7 4790K GPU:EVGA GTX 1070 SC PSU: XFX XTR 650W RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX fury Motherboard: MSI Z87 MPower MAX AC SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB + Crucial MX300 1TB  Case: Silverstone RV05 Cooler: Corsair H80i V2 Displays: AOC AGON AG241QG & BenQ BL2420PT Build log: link 

Spoiler

Netrunner (2020 build) - CPU: AMD R7 3700X GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 (from 2015 build) PSU: Corsair SF600 platinum RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix RGB 3600Mhz cl16 Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus X570i pro wifi SSD: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB Case: Lian Li TU150W black Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Slim

I had them. It was painful. After a while you get used to it. Now that I don't have them any more I actually appreciate that my teeth are in the right place, and my smile is nicer. It is better to get braces earlier than later ;)

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

My dentist said "you could probably benefit from braces, buuut.." 

Buuut? Nope. No braces. No Metal in my mouth. 

you could get one of those plastic retainers to wear in your mouth instead of braces in your mouth but those cost more money than braces.

you could get one of those plastic retainers to wear in your mouth instead of braces in your mouth but those cost more money than braces.

Yeah i could, i just didn't like my dentist's hesitance.

10 years later... teeth are fine. (yay!)

D3SL91 | Ethan | Gaming+Work System | NAS System | Photo: Nikon D750 + D5200

well i find it better to pay 20€ per month and have everything free, whatever happens ;)

That might be what you pay now, but when your out of school and making 100k+ a year and thus in a higher tax bracket?

Granted, I think health insurance should be required to cover dental work since it does effect your health.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Are braces purely just to straighten "Crooked" Teeth? Or do they prevent suffering in the future?

I might be a lucky person who doesn't need them... But even if i had teeth that were sideways I wouldn't want to give up years of gooey foods. :P

That might be what you pay now, but when your out of school and making 100k+ a year and thus in a higher tax bracket?

Granted, I think health insurance should be required to cover dental work since it does effect your health.

no. the price is 20€ at my insurance company. thats it. 

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

you will have to wear retainers (IMO much worse).

I got the clear ones that just pop onto your teeth and I actually forget Im wearing them sometimes.

Personal Rig v3: AMD Ryzen 7 2700X | Noctua NH-U14S | Gigabyte B450 Aorus Pro ITX | Zotac GTX 2070 8GB | 16GB G-Skill Trident DDR4 3200MHz | EVGA Supernova 750B | Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX 

Peripherals: Sennheiser HD518 & Classic ModMic | Corsair K65 Luxe | Zowie EC2 | ASUS VG259QM  |  ASUS VG278E | Klipsch ProMedia 2.1

no. the price is 20€ at my insurance company. thats it. 

Oh, I thought you meant "free" healthcare. Health insurance is a whole 'nother thing, I wish our "health" insurance would actually cover things like dental work, but somehow that isn't considered necessary coverage, despite cavities having the ability to kill you (cavity -> blood infection -> heart attack -> dead)

Oh, I thought you meant "free" healthcare. Health insurance is a whole 'nother thing, I wish our "health" insurance would actually cover things like dental work, but somehow that isn't considered necessary coverage, despite cavities having the ability to kill you (cavity -> blood infection -> heart attack -> dead)

well we have the free healthcare (so you get all the necesisties covered, even dental work, but no hospitalisation and such), but for 20 damn euros a month you get EVERYTHING for free. thats quite a bargain, i rather spend those 20 on my life than on a noctua...

well we have the free healthcare (so you get all the necesisties covered, even dental work, but no hospitalisation and such), but for 20 damn euros a month you get EVERYTHING for free. thats quite a bargain, i rather spend those 20 on my life than on a noctua...

I would as well, too bad that's like, 1/5th the price here in the US for the coverage you're talking about (at least for one person, I assume, never bought health insurance myself)

I would as well, too bad that's like, 1/5th the price here in the US for the coverage you're talking about (at least for one person, I assume, never bought health insurance myself)

well... #muricastrong ;) always been very good to the people ;)

I got braces today. Eating is a pain. Talking is a pain. Moving is a pain.

Tell me why these were invented again?

To keep you from turning into Baraka.

Parents often tell children they do this for them and their future health.  The reality is to prevent you from turning into Mileena when you smile.  The tangles of steel and barbed wiring are all that stands between the beast within and humanity.

I am impelled not to squeak like a grateful and frightened mouse, but to roar...

Ugh I have a dentist appointment this week

I'm really nervous that I'll get braces

Are you new? Please read CoC  Before posting! PLEASE SELECT 'AUTOMATIC' FOR FONT COLOR FOR US DARK THEME USERS (Only for dark shades)If you can read this, it means you need to change to NIGHT THEME (bottom left above LMG logo) Please follow your threads and Quote people when replying to them. Mark your problem as solved if answered. Don't spam, nobody likes a spammer. DO NOT QUOTE IMAGES! BE NICE!

Ugh I have a dentist appointment this week

I'm really nervous that I'll get braces

i just went to the dentist earlier today and now my teeth hurt >:c but atleast i didn't get braces :)

Spoiler

My system is the Dell Inspiron 15 5559 Microsoft Signature Edition

The Austrailian king of LTT said that I'm awesome and a funny guy. the greatest psu list known to man DDR3 ram guide

i got 477 posts in my first 30 days on LinusTechTips.com

I had braces for about 2 years, and hated it (although the pain does go away after a week or so (until they tighten them again, then it's another couple of days of pain)), but the feeling when they come off is just soooooo good. Then you are told that you need retainers for at least 2 more years (I wore mine for 2 years and my teeth have moved a fair bit since stopping).

Try not to break them because if you do, you need to wear them for longer and they hurt more. No matter how tempting it is. Just grin and bare it, and slowly your grin will get better :)

HTTP/2 203

I had braces for 2 years as well, but had to get permanent metal wires on the back of the top teeth, it's not even noticeable anymore. 

The pain will go away within a few days as the braces are moving your teeth intensely within the first few months. 

Desktop: Intel 4770k - 12GB Vengeance Pro 1866Mhz RAM - Asus Maximus VI Formula Mobo - Asus Strix 970 SLI - Cooler Master V850 PSU -  Nzxt Phantom 630 Case  - 1TB WD HDD - Samsung 840 Evo 250GB SSD - Nzxt Kraken X60 - 24" Asus VG248QE 1080p Monitor - Logitech G35 Headset -  G502 Proteus Core - Logitech G710+ Keyboard - Nzxt Hue - Windows 10

Ever heard of Invisalign? I heard those are better than braces. You can eat anything you want, nobody notices you're straigtening your teeth, and it might as well be cheaper. Plus it's more convenient to set appointments and that such. I've been begging for those. My teeth are as crooked as hell. But my brother is one of those few people with perfect teeth. Shit.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

My sister had braces up until last year. There to make your teeth straight if you didn't know.