I can't believe I have to do this

JAW96

To be forewarned this is basically going to be a rant...

So I have downloaded a YouTube down-loader, and this is not because I saw a video that I thought was awesome, and I wanted to have it on my PC... no it is because here in my town in Michigan my internet is so bad that I simply can not watch a video in ANY resolution with out stuttering, or buffering all the time! I use to have 6mbs, but we had to down grade to 1mbs, because the towers are overloaded (we run off wireless, because we have no choice), and guess what we don't even get the advertised speeds, if we even get internet at all (I have come home to not being able to use the internet for a couple hours!), but sometimes in a blue moon I will be able to watch about 10secs of video in 720p... I even called my ISP multiple times, and every time they go "we are planning to upgrade soon" refusing to give any real date, and never fucking doing it! OH! and another kicker is that my town has fiber optic running through most of it, which is only used by my school (which is why if my phone needs a update I just wait for a school day... or just use my 3g which is faster and more reliable than my home), because they charge out the ass just to send a cable a couple of feet, and what do you get out of that investment... 6mbs down and 1 up, yeah, a great fucking use of fiber optic! 

This why when I hear about the shit that companies like Comcast are pulling I get especially pissed, because their business practices are going to lead us to what I have to deal with every day, slow ass hell speeds, with horrid reliability, and piss poor customer service! And most people are either to ignorant to realize they are being taking advantage of, or know, but aren't willing to do anything about it!

Sorry for the long ass rant, but when I get home from a long day and I can't even unwind, by watching youtube, or even skype and check my email at the same time... I get a little edgy!

P.S.

after almost a hour I managed to download a 5:15 in 1080p!

MoBo: 970A-D3P CPU: FX-8350 GPU: HD 7950 PSU: 1000watt RAM:8Gb of G,skill 1600

dont you just love cable companies?

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

That's most ISP's. Giving you shit compared to what is advertised. Except for me, for some reason I get 3+ more mbps down and 1+ more mbps up then what I pay for....and it's comcast. Don't know how that happened.

CPU - FX 8350 @ 4.5GHZ GPU - Radeon 5700  Mobo - M5A99FX Pro R2.0 RAM - Crucial Ballistix 16GB @ 1600 PSU - Corsair CX600M CPU Cooler - Hyper 212 EVO Storage - Samsung EVO 250GB, WD Blue 1TB

dont you just love cable companies?

I have wireless, which is worse

My ISP is so good that they give me 5mbps and even 6mbps down while I have 4mbps connection

That's most ISP's. Giving you shit compared to what is advertised. Except for me, for some reason I get 3+ more mbps down and 1+ more mbps up then what I pay for....and it's comcast. Don't know how that happened.

Same I get 55/6.6 on a 50/5 TWC plan though I do have a VPN on the router level and using my own modem but still 6.6 Mbps upload sucks when you work from home.

Mein Führer... I CAN WALK !!

satellite internet is pretty decent nowadays, you should look up hugesnet to see if you can get it there

Magic actions for youtube (on chrome) allows you to fully prebuffer your videos. This will basically download it to your computer so you can watch it all at once, but then it doesnt use any space because it deletes itself afterwards. Much more convenient than downloading ;)

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

i get exactly what i pay for :o

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

#FirstWorldProblems

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

i take my optimum online (aka the bestest isp and only in east coast) service for granted lmao.

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

Magic actions for youtube (on chrome) allows you to fully prebuffer your videos. This will basically download it to your computer so you can watch it all at once, but then it doesnt use any space because it deletes itself afterwards. Much more convenient than downloading ;)

I tried this, but it cause videos to freeze up, or even just stop buffering altogether, but while we are on the subject what video format gives me the best quality?

why didn't I find this sooner. thank you

Its a great alternative to adblock for youtube ;)

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

I tried this, but it cause videos to freeze up, or even just stop buffering altogether, but while we are on the subject what video format gives me the best quality?

Hm, maybe it was a specific update at the time that caused issues with the loading. I would try it again, it might work for you this time.

And what video formats do you have to choose from?

Spoiler

Well I'm glad my ISP isn't that bad.

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

Hm, maybe it was a specific update at the time that caused issues with the loading. I would try it again, it might work for you this time.

And what video formats do you have to choose from?

ZlPey73.jpg

I get what I pay for, but it's the only thing available in my area except COMCAST, who I will NEVER give my money to. 

5 down, 0.5 up. 

Aesthetics of rigs matter

If you're interested, participate in LTT Build Offs

Well I'm glad my ISP isn't that bad.

yeah, never ever sign up for Air Advantage!

yeah, never ever sign up for Air Advantage!

Where I live the only options are Telus and Shaw. Both of which suck in their own ways.

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

in a parallel universe ISP's provide actual speeds as they advertise..

Details separate people.

I would use AVI, MP4, or WMV

Look at the bitrate of each and find the one which is smallest but still 1080p (I'm guessing it will be WMV)

Spoiler

I will bet that there is still something left over, I don't know what but it sounds like it is not a large dev. Even if it is then still, many don't know to delete everything that create which is partly why windows get so slow after 6 months. 

I will bet that there is still something left over, I don't know what but it sounds like it is not a large dev. Even if it is then still, many don't know to delete everything that create which is partly why windows get so slow after 6 months. 

Buffering videos loads them to RAM, it does not save on your PC. By buffering the whole video, it will store it in RAM cache, and if the video is too long it will make a temporary file for it that gets deleted when you close chrome.

Spoiler

I would use AVI, MP4, or WMV

Look at the bitrate of each and find the one which is smallest but still 1080p (I'm guessing it will be WMV)

okay that is the one I'm using right now