OnePlus and Microsoft to collab, Windows phone version of OnePlus One?

InfamousSynergy

Original article: http://www.igyaan.in/87286/oneplus-talks-microsoft-windows-phone/

By the looks of it, this is very plausible. I'm hoping not, I have used iOS, Android and Windows phone in the past, I am currently and iPhone user but windows phone was by far my worst experience and look at what Linus thought of the One m8 running Windows Phone, I personally think this will fail if it does go ahead...

Plot twist: Space is Bacon

Microsoft really needs to redo their phone OS to make it a worthwhile amount of effort.

The OS is now quite good, its the app market that is shit

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."

Main rig:

i7-4790 - 24GB RAM - GTX 970 - Samsung 840 240GB Evo - 2x 2TB Seagate. - 4 monitors - G710+ - G600 - Zalman Z9U3

Other devices

Oneplus One 64GB Sandstone

Surface Pro 3 - i7 - 256Gb

Surface RT

Server:

SuperMicro something - Xeon e3 1220 V2 - 12GB RAM - 16TB of Seagates 

Posting Guidelines:

Here are a few rules/requirements to posting in the News section.Note - this is not an exhaustive list:

• Must have some original input along with the news story from the member on why it is news to them and/or the forum!
  • Your post cannot simply be a link to another news source - see point 1!
  • When quoting or copying content into your post from the original, you must make it very clear that you are doing so with the use of quotations, for example, or some other means.

As previously mentioned, failure to follow these simple guideline can result in your post being deleted without warning.

I wonder who's phone they'll chose to copy and slightly tweak for that one.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Original article: http://www.igyaan.in/87286/oneplus-talks-microsoft-windows-phone/

By the looks of it, this is very plausible. I'm hoping not, I have used iOS, Android and Windows phone in the past, I am currently and iPhone user but windows phone was by far my worst experience and look at what Linus thought of the One m8 running Windows Phone, I personally think this will fail if it does go ahead...

As a Windows Phone owner I can say that Linus review was really bad. He told so much missinformation. I dont think it was intentional, he just didnt know how to controll it properly so some functions he complained about (like emails for example) work like he wanted them to work but he just did it wrong.

I personaly own Android device too and I like WP experience a lot more.

Guys, just remember, more variety in the smartphone market is going to be allot better!

I personally think a Windows Phone OnePlus One will most certainly be one of the best WP8 Devices on the market.

I hope that OnePlus will also agree to some sort of package to allow dual booting so then people can switch between the two however Microsoft being Microsoft that would be a difficult thing to do.

Main Machine:  16 inch MacBook Pro (2021), Apple M1 Pro (10 CPU, 16 GPU Core), 512GB SDD, 16GB RAM

Gaming Machine:  Acer Nitro 5, Core i7 10750H, RTX 3060 (L) 6GB, 1TB SSD (Boot), 2TB SSD (Storage), 32GB DDR4 RAM

Other Tech: iPhone 15 Pro Max, Series 6 Apple Watch (LTE), AirPods Max, PS4, Nintendo Switch, PS3, Xbox 360

Network Gear:  TP Link Gigabit 24 Port Switch, TP-Link Deco M4 Mesh Wi-Fi, M1 MacMini File & Media Server with 8TB of RAID 1 Storage

I've had my worst phone experience with an android phone.But doesn't make me want to wish other companies not to make different/more varieties of their phones. Let the consumer choose what they want. 

but obviously what Linus said is the be all end all for you, and that we should follow whatever he said because it's Linus.. /s

Nobody will buy the windows version but youtube reviewers :D

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

I'm not sure why OP thinks they shouldn't even offer it. Having options is never a bad thing.

There's actually a benefit in this for One Plus, using Windows Phone OS is actually cheaper than Android. With Android you have to pay around $7 per phone sold in licensing royalties, with Windows Phone OS it is 100% free. Not only that, but it would require minimal effort to offer a WP version of the OPO since they've already developed the hardware and Microsoft has dropped many, if not all, of the hardware requirements and WP and Android both use on-screen buttons now so hardware buttons aren't a problem either.

Also Linus's opinion of it doesn't hold much water. Just because a hardcore Google user doesn't like a phone OS that Google flat out refuses to support does not make the phone OS bad. Of course a hardcore Google user isn't going to like a phone that isn't supported in any way by Google. That's as ridiculous as saying "I don't like Linux because it doesn't support Microsoft Office."

Companies offering both Android and Windows Phone on the exact same hardware is fantastic because it forces Microsoft and Google to compete on software instead of using exclusive phone devices to lure customers to one platform or the other.

CPU: i7 4790K  RAM: 32 GB 2400 MHz  Motherboard: Asus Z-97 Pro  GPU: GTX 770  SSD: 256 GB Samsung 850 Pro  OS: Windows 8.1 64-bit

Well, I had a 4s and it died back in January so until I could afford to replace it, I got a lumia 520. I know it's a really low end one but that's not the point, it's god awful! - I was hoping that OnePlus would learn from HTC's mistake...

Plot twist: Space is Bacon

The OS is now quite good, its the app market that is shit

The OS is still clunky and the devices all suck. Plus to much space is wasted because of the OS design. Microsfot needs to give up on Windows phone and start working with Google to create something like continuity (Mac and iOS)