New Disappointing PC Titles

Jayhawk

Aside from Final Fantasy XIII being the worst PC port to date, is anyone else disappointed with the new titles? I found Shadow of Mordor and The Evil Within to be almost depressing when compared to the hype that came with them.

CPU: i7 4790k @ 4.6 GHz Motherboard: MSI SLI Plus Krait Edition RAM: 16 GB (2x8) 1866 MHz Kingston Black Fury Series GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming Case: NZXT S340 (Black) Storage: Intel 730 Series SSD (240 GB), Seagate Barracuda (1 TB) Display: LG 24MP55 Cooling: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB for gaming (1st Player Fire Dancing for typing) Mouse: Logitech G502 Sound: Corsair Gaming 2100 Vengence 7.1 Headset Operating System: Windows 10

Really? Justify the hype behind the two games. Try it. It'll take a while. Watchdogs was terrible though. Lasted me about 8 hours. Finished it. Deleted it.

CPU: i7 4790k @ 4.6 GHz Motherboard: MSI SLI Plus Krait Edition RAM: 16 GB (2x8) 1866 MHz Kingston Black Fury Series GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming Case: NZXT S340 (Black) Storage: Intel 730 Series SSD (240 GB), Seagate Barracuda (1 TB) Display: LG 24MP55 Cooling: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB for gaming (1st Player Fire Dancing for typing) Mouse: Logitech G502 Sound: Corsair Gaming 2100 Vengence 7.1 Headset Operating System: Windows 10

This is why you are best off trying to avoid the hype train leading up to games... or... anything, really. very few things actually live up to their hype.

Shadows of Mordor is a fairly decent game in it's own right.

I have no experience with The Evil Within, however, as it was not a title that held my interest for very long.

~Remember to quote posts to continue support on your thread~
-Don't be this kind of person-

CPU:  AMD Ryzen 7 5800x | RAM: 2x16GB Crucial Ripjaws Z | Cooling: XSPC/EK/Bitspower loop | MOBO: Gigabyte x570 Aorus Master | PSU: Seasonic Prime 750 Titanium  

SSD: 250GB Samsung 980 PRO (OS) | 1TB Crucial MX500| 2TB Crucial P2 | Case: Phanteks Evolv X | GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 (with EK Block) | HDD: 1x Seagate Barracuda 2TB

I don't even care anymore to be honest. I play a lot of games but not s much new games as they are mostly bad. Just give me Distance and Witcher 3 and I will be set for another year.

I don't really buy into hype so I tend not to be that disappointed with things, you should never expect a new game to herald in the most amazing experience without first seeing reviews or experiencing it for yourself

Like when I first saw Watch Dogs, I knew exactly how it would be, and its exactly how I imagined it, assassins creed, but with cars and guns

And when I saw Shadow Of Mordoor, it was Arkham City but with Orcs.. and parkour

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Two words. Watch Dogs

Nvidia is to Dr Dre Beets as AMD is to KFC.

One makes you broke, the other you can get more of and have a midnight snack from the fridge when hungry again. Once you go Nvidia, you go broked, turn into an Elitist, or get the incorrect amount of VRAM.

- WCCFTECH

I was only 9 years old. I loved Fifflaren so much, I had all the NiP merchandise and matches pirated. I prayed to Fifflaren every night before bed. Thanking him for the life I have been given. Fifflaren is love I say. Fifflaren is life. My dad hears and calls me a fuckhead. I knew he was just jelly of my passion for Fifflaren. I called him a Sw@yer. He hits me and sends me to go to sleep. I'm crying now, and my face hurts. I lay in bed and it's really cold. A warmth is moving towards me. I feel someone touching me. I feel someone touching me. It's Fifflaren. I am so happy. He whispers in my ear; "this is my pyjama". He grabs me with his powerful Swedish hands and puts me on my hands and knees. I'm ready. I spread my ass cheeks for Fifflaren. He penetrates my butt-hole. It hurts so much but I do it for Fifflaren. I can feel my butt tearing as my eyes start to water. I push against his force. I want to please Fifflaren. He roars a viking roar as he fills my butt with his love. My dad walks in. Fifflaren looks straight into his eyes and says; "He is a ninja now". Fifflaren is love, Fifflaren is life 

Anyone remember when Far Cry 3 was "Skyrim with guns"? Worst review that was ever written for any game of all time.

The only new release this year that I've spent a considerable amount of time in was Dark Souls II in March, and that's just another port (but at least better than the original port). Anything else I could have seen from a mile away as a setup for failure. Watch_Dogs is the type of game that people stopped talking about after a week.

The best games are the simple ones, not the ones that need advertisements and marketeers to fill hype up to your nose. 

3x Dell U2414H Triple Monitor Surround @ 5760x1080 / Corsair Obsidian 900D / ASUS ROG Z97 Maximus VII Hero / i7-4790K @ 4.4GHz / 2x EVGA SC GTX 780Ti SLI @ 1150MHz / 16GB GeiL DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz / 120GB Samsung 840 EVO / Corsair AX1200W PSU

Gallery: [1] [2] [3] - Fire Strike Score - Steam Profile

What about GTA V for PC? That looks promising, right?

Never been a big fan of GTAs. It just looks like an 1080p version of console ones. Maybe mods? Idk.

ESO: Elder Scrolls Online.

I was hoping it would be a Elder Scrolls V: Skryim (or improved version) but online, I dreamt about it... then it's shit.

Seriously, everybody I know that has played more than 200 hours of Skyrim can't play ESO for more than 2 hours in a row... really disappointing.

Also it's (monthly) P2P, wtf Bethesda are you dumb? Just make it one payment with microtransactions, not a monthly fee.

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790k | CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 | Motherboard: ASUS Sabertooth Z97 MARK 1 | Memory: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866MHz | GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 770 4GB Windforce

Storage: Samsung 840 EVO | PSU: CM Silent Pro 720W | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe | Headset: Corsair Vengeance 2100 | Keyboard: Logitech G710+ | Mouse: Razer DeathAdder Chroma

"You see, one can only be angry with those he respects." - R. Nixon

Never been a big fan of GTAs. It just looks like an 1080p version of console ones. Maybe mods? Idk.

So you're saying that  a game must have amazing graphics to be playable? A game that has console-like graphics can't be played on a PC? That's stupid.

What about GTA V for PC? That looks promising, right?

The game is amazing we just have to hope that the port actually runs good which I think it will considering they had a lot of time polishing the game up and it also runs on the same engine as Max Payne 3 which was a good port.

RTX2070OC 

So you're saying that  a game must have amazing graphics to be playable? A game that has console-like graphics can't be played on a PC? That's stupid.

#He'ssopicky

Because he had a hard drive.

I try to avoid the hype-train like the plague. 

I let the game speak for itself and if I really want to know more about what it's like before buying, I check out reviews by those whom I trust, like Total Biscuit. Those who will tell you like it is and aren't afraid to give a game a bad review. Angry Joe, I also found, does a decent job of picking games apart. 

Because of this, I don't really have many games that I find disappointing. 

I will not touch anything by Ubisoft for the foreseeable future, until they can get their act together and stop catering only to the consoles.  

My Systems:

Main - Work + Gaming:

Spoiler

Woodland Raven: Ryzen 2700X // AMD Wraith RGB // Asus Prime X570-P // G.Skill 2x 8GB 3600MHz DDR4 // Radeon RX Vega 56 // Crucial P1 NVMe 1TB M.2 SSD // Deepcool DQ650-M // chassis build in progress // Windows 10 // Thrustmaster TMX + G27 pedals & shifter

F@H Rig:

Spoiler

FX-8350 // Deepcool Neptwin // MSI 970 Gaming // AData 2x 4GB 1600 DDR3 // 2x Gigabyte RX-570 4G's // Samsung 840 120GB SSD // Cooler Master V650 // Windows 10

HTPC:

Spoiler

SNES PC (HTPC): i3-4150 @3.5 // Gigabyte GA-H87N-Wifi // G.Skill 2x 4GB DDR3 1600 // Asus Dual GTX 1050Ti 4GB OC // AData SP600 128GB SSD // Pico 160XT PSU // Custom SNES Enclosure // 55" LG LED 1080p TV  // Logitech wireless touchpad-keyboard // Windows 10 // Build Log

Laptops:

Spoiler

MY DAILY: Lenovo ThinkPad T410 // 14" 1440x900 // i5-540M 2.5GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD iGPU + Quadro NVS 3100M 512MB dGPU // 2x4GB DDR3L 1066 // Mushkin Triactor 480GB SSD // Windows 10

WIFE'S: Dell Latitude E5450 // 14" 1366x768 // i5-5300U 2.3GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD5500 // 2x4GB RAM DDR3L 1600 // 500GB 7200 HDD // Linux Mint 19.3 Cinnamon

EXPERIMENTAL: Pinebook // 11.6" 1080p // Manjaro KDE (ARM)

NAS:

Spoiler

Home NAS: Pentium G4400 @3.3 // Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3 // 2x 4GB DDR4 2400 // Intel HD Graphics // Kingston A400 120GB SSD // 3x Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200 HDDs in RAID-Z // Cooler Master Silent Pro M 1000w PSU // Antec Performance Plus 1080AMG // FreeNAS OS

ESO was easily the most disappointing bethesda totally screwed it up.

Bethesda only published the game, ZeniMax was the developer. That being said, ESO was a pretty generic game with nothing to make it stand out except for the Elder Scroll's brand.

Pretty much every game from a AAA publisher gets hyped through the roof these days. I find it very easy to avoid disappointment: remember that businesses are only as honest about their product as they have to be, avoid gaming news outlets that play into the hype, and never pay a penny until the game is reviewed by someone you trust. If the game is as good as they say, they will have no problem proving it.

My only exposure to Shadows of Mordor's hype was actually backlash against that hype, so I'm left feeling pleasantly surprised that it ended up being a pretty decent game.

Just played the first chapter of The Evil Within and im trying to contain myself not to delete it right now...About Shadow of Mordor comments, Batman was boring to me, and in Batman you can not kill anyone, ride beasts or shadow strike people which is hilarious *dat surprise face :o *.

"Who are you the King of Siam, you got to get the best one? Who cares? They’re all the same these machines. They’re all made from the same asian suffering." - Louie Season 3 Episode 10, GO WATCH IT NOW.