Do you ever feel bad about someone spending money on you

theloveablemoose

Im 17 about to turn 18 and my family has decided to pitch in for a iPhone 5s (not the 6 never the 6 if i wanted a big phone id buy the one) and considering the price i feel like its a large sum of money and i haven't really done anything to deserve something so substantial so yeah does anyone else feel like that it doesn't necessarily have to be something big maybe someone picking up the tab or whatever.

Well just tell them to get a Moto G and you will be happy. :D:P

I absolutely hate it. It just feels wrong to me

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

I feel horrible when someone gifts me something that I don't like or will never use.

This is why I always ask for money and have the option to buy myself whatever I want :)

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

I feel horrible when someone gifts me something that I don't like or will never use.

This is why I always ask for money and have the option to buy myself whatever I want :)

Lying is like 95% of what i do if i don't like something i put on a smiley face and accept it gratuitously. 

Think of it as a token of love from your family. Your family did it because they love you, so make sure you thank them, and show your love by helping around, or doing something that makes them proud and happy of you!!

besides, you're the lovable moose! 

Are you new? Please read CoC  Before posting! PLEASE SELECT 'AUTOMATIC' FOR FONT COLOR FOR US DARK THEME USERS (Only for dark shades)If you can read this, it means you need to change to NIGHT THEME (bottom left above LMG logo) Please follow your threads and Quote people when replying to them. Mark your problem as solved if answered. Don't spam, nobody likes a spammer. DO NOT QUOTE IMAGES! BE NICE!

Yeh, I'm in same boat man. 

Though usually when I say just give me money they'll say "Okay, here's 50 bucks instead of a $200 nerf gun.", so I ask to get the equivalent amount of money of the item they were going to buy me. 

CPU: Intel i7 8700K | CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 | RAM: Kingston HyperX 2x8GB | Motherboard: Asus ROG Z370-E | GPU: MSI GTX 970 | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB & 2TB | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB & 970 EVO M.2 500GB | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X | PSU: Silverstone Platinum Strider 1100W | Monitor: AOC i2367Fh | Headphones: ATH-M40X | Mic: Antlion ModMic 4 | Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB w/ MX Browns | Mouse: Logitech G502 HERO

Make sure you quote or mention the person you're replying to in your comment. Also remember to follow your thread when creating it to get a notification every time someone replies. 

Be nice and have fun. Cheers!

Think of it as a token of love from your family. Your family did it because they love you, so make sure you thank them, and show your love by helping around, or doing something that makes them proud and happy of you!!

besides, you're the lovable moose! 

Yes i am infact a loveable moose i understand the reasoning but it still doesn't sit right with me.

If it isn't my immediate family then yea, it makes my uncomfortable.

Yeah any debts that form are paid within a day at most.

Yes i am infact a loveable moose i understand the reasoning but it still doesn't sit right with me.

True, its hard to accept these kind of things sometimes

Are you new? Please read CoC  Before posting! PLEASE SELECT 'AUTOMATIC' FOR FONT COLOR FOR US DARK THEME USERS (Only for dark shades)If you can read this, it means you need to change to NIGHT THEME (bottom left above LMG logo) Please follow your threads and Quote people when replying to them. Mark your problem as solved if answered. Don't spam, nobody likes a spammer. DO NOT QUOTE IMAGES! BE NICE!

True, its hard to accept these kind of things sometimes

The fact that a moose is loveable or something completely unimportant right now because mooseseseseseseses.

Yes i know the plural for moose is moose.

Yes, because as you become older, you realize the value of every dollar and how easy easy it is to spend - yet so hard to earn.  So when someone spends their hard earned money on me, I naturally feel bad.

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

No, it's first and foremost their choice (if you're not pressuring them into doing it), and secondly, I love stuff!

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

simple turn it down, give the money to your parents for bills.

your old enough to buy your own phone

Its all about those volumetric clouds

simple turn it down, give the money to your parents for bills.

your old enough to buy your own phone

Yeah well thats... True

No, it's first and foremost their choice (if you're not pressuring them into doing it), and secondly, I love stuff!

Gotta love the stuffs.

Yeah, it bothers me whenever people get things for me. I feel guilty if my parents buy things that I want, like computer stuff or expensive clothes, so I buy it myself.

XEON E3 1231v3 | GA-Z97MX GAMING 5 | XFX R9 290 | 16GB RAM | CRUCIAL MX100 256GB | WD BLUE 1TB | EVGA SUPERNOVA 850W | CORSAIR 350D

Not really because it's usually either direct family members or friends that I spent money with/on in the past i.e. a friend came over to my house earlier today and she bought me a couple of beers, didn't feel bad cause I paid for her beers in the past and stuff it's all good.

-------

Current Rig

-------