"The Penetrator" a watercooled FT05

spwath

it's been 34 minutes update pls

Cable management is hard

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

Text update:

Gah, cable management. I'll have to work on it. My ft05 has a scratch on window, will contact Silverstone.

I wish I had a modular power supply

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

can't wait to see that case

| CPU: Intel Core i3 4130 | GPU: PowerColor R9 270 | Motherboard: Asrock H81M-HDS | RAM: Kingston HyperX Fury 4GB |

|HDD: Western Digital 1TB | Case: NZXT Source 210 | PSU: Corsair CX430W | 

| Mic: Blue Snowball iCE | Mouse: Corsair K65 RGB | Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow Chroma |

can't wait to see that case

Will post pics 2morrow

Will post pics 2morrow

ok

| CPU: Intel Core i3 4130 | GPU: PowerColor R9 270 | Motherboard: Asrock H81M-HDS | RAM: Kingston HyperX Fury 4GB |

| Mic: Blue Snowball iCE | Mouse: Corsair K65 RGB | Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow Chroma |

Completed build, other than the GPU. WIll post pics 2morrow

Preview of back:
IMG_20141015_163449995.jpg

sweet!

One last preview, here it is next to my phantom 410

IMG_20141015_212657154.jpg

Can't post pics,

Can't find functioning computer. 2morrow I will have my GPU, so I'll post pics

I think there's enough room at the bottom for a dual 180mm rad. The magicool radiators are 30mm thick. You might have to lose the hdd and mount it sideways. Or, some other clever way.

I think there's enough room at the bottom for a dual 180mm rad. The magicool radiators are 30mm thick. You might have to lose the hdd and mount it sideways. Or, some other clever way.

Silverstone say on their website and in their manual, at least for the RV05, that they recommend the magicool radiator if you want to watercool it. I myself plan on doing that at some later date with my RV05, as it's enough to cool probably an SLI/crossfire rig.

PCs

Spoiler
Spoiler

Branwen (2015 build) - CPU: i7 4790K GPU:EVGA GTX 1070 SC PSU: XFX XTR 650W RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX fury Motherboard: MSI Z87 MPower MAX AC SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB + Crucial MX300 1TB  Case: Silverstone RV05 Cooler: Corsair H80i V2 Displays: AOC AGON AG241QG & BenQ BL2420PT Build log: link 

Spoiler

Netrunner (2020 build) - CPU: AMD R7 3700X GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 (from 2015 build) PSU: Corsair SF600 platinum RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix RGB 3600Mhz cl16 Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus X570i pro wifi SSD: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB Case: Lian Li TU150W black Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Slim

Silverstone say on their website and in their manual, at least for the RV05, that they recommend the magicool radiator if you want to watercool it. I myself plan on doing that at some later date with my RV05, as it's enough to cool probably an SLI/crossfire rig.

They must of realized the popularity of them being used and gave a bit of extra wiggle room for it because trying to do it in one of the older cases means you have to sacrifice one of the best features which is the sliding filters. And the FT05 seems to have a lot of space in the back for routing tubing..

They must of realized the popularity of them being used and gave a bit of extra wiggle room for it because trying to do it in one of the older cases means you have to sacrifice one of the best features which is the sliding filters. And the FT05 seems to have a lot of space in the back for routing tubing..

There's a decent bit of room, and, at least on the raven, the front section could possibly be cut into, and still be covered by the plastic, yet fit tubing into if for some reason it didn't fit. The back, where the PSU is doesn't have too much room if you have the drive cage in, but if you have a radiator in it's unlikely that you'll have any 3.5" drives in it, as the cage probably wouldn't fit.

PCs

Spoiler
Spoiler

Branwen (2015 build) - CPU: i7 4790K GPU:EVGA GTX 1070 SC PSU: XFX XTR 650W RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX fury Motherboard: MSI Z87 MPower MAX AC SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB + Crucial MX300 1TB  Case: Silverstone RV05 Cooler: Corsair H80i V2 Displays: AOC AGON AG241QG & BenQ BL2420PT Build log: link 

Spoiler

Netrunner (2020 build) - CPU: AMD R7 3700X GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 (from 2015 build) PSU: Corsair SF600 platinum RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix RGB 3600Mhz cl16 Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus X570i pro wifi SSD: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB Case: Lian Li TU150W black Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Slim

Yeah, ill have to wait till i get a job, hopefully at frozencpu.com as they are 5 min away, and i could get discounts :)

Says that in my (amazingly well build) Manual

Its alittle tight in the back.

There's a decent bit of room, and, at least on the raven, the front section could possibly be cut into, and still be covered by the plastic, yet fit tubing into if for some reason it didn't fit. The back, where the PSU is doesn't have too much room if you have the drive cage in, but if you have a radiator in it's unlikely that you'll have any 3.5" drives in it, as the cage probably wouldn't fit.

Cant do that on the ft05

Says that in my (amazingly well build) Manual

Cant do that on the ft05

It is a good manual isn't it, really well detailed I found.

Aha! I've found an advantage for the raven, now it does make up for the lack of aluminium!

PCs

Spoiler
Spoiler

Spoiler

Love this case but I'm wondering if the drive cage will fit with my evga 750w g2 psu.

Love this case but I'm wondering if the drive cage will fit with my evga 750w g2 psu.

It looks like it will not with drive cage

WE NEED PICS. Looks good so far though.

I took pics, camera ran out of battery, can't find charger, don't have functioning computer with SD card reader.

Will look for battery/charger

WE NEED PICS. Looks good so far though.

Pics coming 2mortow, charging camera

Build complete! 
I took pics before GPU was in, will take more.
Here are the pics as of now:

IMG_00031.jpgIMG_00041.jpgIMG_00051.jpgIMG_00061.jpg

That tight fit for CPU cooler...

IMG_00121.jpg

IMG_00011.jpgIMG_00021.jpg

Stress testing Prime 95 to see the temps in this thing.