"The Penetrator" a watercooled FT05

spwath

IMG_20150201_153306631.jpg

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

Looking very nice! Love the res, might have to get one like it when I eventually do some watercooling.

PCs

Spoiler
Spoiler

Branwen (2015 build) - CPU: i7 4790K GPU:EVGA GTX 1070 SC PSU: XFX XTR 650W RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX fury Motherboard: MSI Z87 MPower MAX AC SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB + Crucial MX300 1TB  Case: Silverstone RV05 Cooler: Corsair H80i V2 Displays: AOC AGON AG241QG & BenQ BL2420PT Build log: link 

Spoiler

Netrunner (2020 build) - CPU: AMD R7 3700X GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 (from 2015 build) PSU: Corsair SF600 platinum RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix RGB 3600Mhz cl16 Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus X570i pro wifi SSD: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB Case: Lian Li TU150W black Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Slim

Looking very nice! Love the res, might have to get one like it when I eventually do some watercooling.

Don't. It uses plastic threading. I almost didn't get a fitting in, some of the threading broke.

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

Don't. It uses plastic threading. I almost didn't get a fitting in, some of the threading broke.

Hmm. Reckon I could find a way around that, possibly a metal thread insert.

PCs

Spoiler
Spoiler

Branwen (2015 build) - CPU: i7 4790K GPU:EVGA GTX 1070 SC PSU: XFX XTR 650W RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX fury Motherboard: MSI Z87 MPower MAX AC SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB + Crucial MX300 1TB  Case: Silverstone RV05 Cooler: Corsair H80i V2 Displays: AOC AGON AG241QG & BenQ BL2420PT Build log: link 

Spoiler

Netrunner (2020 build) - CPU: AMD R7 3700X GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 (from 2015 build) PSU: Corsair SF600 platinum RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix RGB 3600Mhz cl16 Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus X570i pro wifi SSD: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB Case: Lian Li TU150W black Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Slim

If you had a metal top and did the same thing... it would have the same end result.

Spoiler

Chernobyl

AMD FX8350 @ 5GHz | Asus Sabretooth 990FX R2 | 16GB HyperX Savage @1950mhz CL9 | 120GB Kingston SSDNow

EK AMD LTX CSQ | XSPC D5 Dual Bay | Alphacool NexXxoS XT45 240mm & Coolgate Triple HD360

Spoiler

Kraken

Intel i5 4670K Bare Die 4.9GHz | ASUS Maximus VII Ranger Z97 | 16GB HyperX Savage 2400MHz | Samsung EVO 250GB

EK Supremecy EVO & EK-MOSFET M7G  | Dual 360mm Rads | Primochill CTR Phase II w/D5 | MSI GTX970 1670MHz/8000MHz

Graphic Design Student & Overall Nerd

If you had a metal top and did the same thing... it would have the same end result.

Huh?

When I was trying to screw in fittings, they would not go in straight as it slightly stripped plastic threads

Nooooooooooooo

I'm stupid. Forgot to remove plastic from CPU block!!!

Nooooooooooooo

I'm stupid. Forgot to remove plastic from CPU block!!!

*Morgan Freeman voice*

It was at that moment when @spwath knew, he fucked up

It's not a bug, it's an undocumented feature!

*Morgan Freeman voice*

It was at that moment when @spwath knew, he fucked up

yeah...

DONE!!!

COMPUTER WORKS!

IM ON IT NOW!

WILL POST PICS ONCE MY TYPING GETS TO NORMAL NON CAPS

I learned a good trick to repair threads or Delrin/Acetal or hard plastic if you need it but if it's good right now I'd leave it. To build back up some threads take some super glue and add a little to the threads and sprinkle some baking soda over it it will basically dry instantly and not shrink like most fillers and you can re-cut the thread back into it slowly.

Baking soda acts like a catalyst so don't put any on your fingers or it will stick them together in less than a second or so.

Love that build it looks so nice and compact.  :D

I learned a good trick to repair threads or Delrin/Acetal or hard plastic if you need it but if it's good right now I'd leave it. To build back up some threads take some super glue and add a little to the threads and sprinkle some baking soda over it it will basically dry instantly and not shrink like most fillers and you can re-cut the thread back into it slowly.

Baking soda acts like a catalyst so don't put any on your fingers or it will stick them together in less than a second or so.

Love that build it looks so nice and compact. :D

Compact yeah. Really hard to fit in the water cooling stuff

Wow. Ran prime95 for an hour, cpu is at only 38 degrees! Fans at 700 RPM, pump at setting 2

3gYn7j0.png

Credit @Rumikarimu

UPDATE

Its done. Better pics coming soon, but here are (the first ever??) pics of a Custom Watercooled FT05

IMG_20150201_102525575.jpgIMG_20150201_102548690.jpgIMG_20150201_153306631.jpgIMG_20150201_192206612.jpgIMG_20150201_192223704.jpg

Well done!

Inspiring, really. xD

Tiring.

Everything barely fits. The rad touches both sides, and the rad and res is not even attached.

I might make a PSU shroud.

I think I might be the first to water cool an ft05, or one of the first. Can't find any pics of one.

Lol!!!!!

Google watercooled ft05, look at first pic!!!!!!!

Scroll through, you see other avatars and photos from this thread

saw that!

GPU cooling soon?

No.

As a: water block costs more than my GPU

B: I owe my parents 70$

Oh my.

Well at least you've got room for it in the future with a couple tweaks to the loop (bay res).

Yeah, if I somehow get money to pay back parents, buy new GPU, and block, I will.

Or if someone sponsors me.

I need a job.

That case is too small lol, if there even fans on that rad?  :blink:

Spoiler

Chernobyl

AMD FX8350 @ 5GHz | Asus Sabretooth 990FX R2 | 16GB HyperX Savage @1950mhz CL9 | 120GB Kingston SSDNow

EK AMD LTX CSQ | XSPC D5 Dual Bay | Alphacool NexXxoS XT45 240mm & Coolgate Triple HD360

Spoiler

Kraken

Intel i5 4670K Bare Die 4.9GHz | ASUS Maximus VII Ranger Z97 | 16GB HyperX Savage 2400MHz | Samsung EVO 250GB

EK Supremecy EVO & EK-MOSFET M7G  | Dual 360mm Rads | Primochill CTR Phase II w/D5 | MSI GTX970 1670MHz/8000MHz

That case is too small lol, if there even fans on that rad?  :blink:

Two massive 180mm fans underneath it, that's what.

PCs

Spoiler
Spoiler

Spoiler

Two massive 180mm fans underneath it, that's what.

Ah thanks! I hope they're exhausting too? Other wise he's just pushing hot air onto this PSU, wires, D5 and his GPU?

Spoiler

Chernobyl

Spoiler

Kraken

Ah thanks! I hope they're exhausting too? Other wise he's just pushing hot air onto this PSU, wires, D5 and his GPU?

Nope, they're intakes. Would you use them as exhausts when heat rises? you'd just be pushing air out that will only move back up and into the case again. Much better to use fresh air and convection to cool it. It's one of the great things about the RV/FT05, its cooling is unrivalled thanks to those fans. Plus with only the CPU in the loop, there isn't that much heat being created at the moment I reckon.

PCs

Spoiler
Spoiler

Spoiler

Nope, they're intakes. Would you use them as exhausts when heat rises? you'd just be pushing air out that will only move back up and into the case again. Much better to use fresh air and convection to cool it. It's one of the great things about the RV/FT05, its cooling is unrivalled thanks to those fans. Plus with only the CPU in the loop, there isn't that much heat being created at the moment I reckon.

Heat only works like that in natural convection, the fans would push the heat away, it's been discussed over and over again. It would be better for him to exhaust the heat rather than pump it into his tiny case which won't take long to heat up during gaming and the temp in his case will have an effect on his coolant by a degree or so. how many fans are exhausting on the case? 

Spoiler

Chernobyl

Spoiler

Kraken