Builder is Leaving

Builder

:ph34r: Am I anywhere on the good side of the list?

No......            Awwww I'm just messin with ya :P

Man, there's been a crap-tonne of people here. Although, I kind of get it. Truth be told before I came to these forums specifically, I'd all but given up on forums because well, the internet

CPU: Intel Core i7-4770k | Mobo: MSI Mpower Max | Cooling: Cryorig R1 Ultimate w/ XT140 front Fan | GPU: EVGA GTX 770 Dual SC SLI | Case: NZXT H440 | Case Fans: Phanteks PH-140SP x5 | PSU: EVGA Supernova P2 1000W | RAM: 16GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer | SSD: Kingston HyperX 3k 120GB | HDD: Seagate Barracude

Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2013 | Mouse: Razer Deathadder 2013 | Headphones: Sennheiser HD438s | Mousepad: Razer Goliathus Control | Monitor 1: Benq XL2430T | Monitor 2: BenQ RL2455HM 

This entire thread was started for that very reason.

I believe this is the case. 

I didn't get to see the climax of the forum suggestions incident. 

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

My prejudice? Give me a couple minutes and i'll pull up some of the posts you've made, that really make no sense.

I give up. There's no explaining to you that some people see the world in a different way, and think differently than you do, and anyone who does is automatically labeled as insane or twisted.

yeah, I thought he and everyone else put it all in the past with that "ignore" thread but I guess not

Indeed. ^someone with a damned good memory apparently. lol

I believe this is the case. 

I didn't get to see the climax of the forum suggestions incident. 

There wasn't one, @Whiskers hid 2 pages worth of me and him arguing, and that was it.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Wow, that's just about the most asinine thing I've ever read. Any position that can't defend itself from mockery deserves to be mocked, why? Just because someone thinks differently or sees things differently they deserved to be mocked right off the bat for no reason? Just for being different?

If I had said that, 90% of the people in this thread would be calling me an asshole. And people wonder why people keep leaving the forum. Also you do realize that any opinion can be mocked into submission, that's why mockery is generally considered both rude and invalid, because its meaningless, asinine, dribble.

Mockery is the best way to cull bad ideas from good ones.  If it can be mocked, it wasn't a good idea.  That's how good ideas evolve into great ones, they're scrutinized.  It's why scientific theories have papers detailing them and then are published for peer review.  So the idea can be picked apart for worthiness.  In the academic world it's done in a fairly constrained and usually civil matter, but on a forum, it will have monkey poo slung at it if it's a shit idea. 

one of the few people that actually saw Apple as a company that makes good products, instead of the Apple hating people.

Intel 3570k 3,4@4,5 1,12v Scythe Mugen 3 gigabyte 770     MSi z77a GD55    corsair vengeance 8 gb  corsair CX600M Bitfenix Outlaw 4 casefans

Mockery is the best way to cull bad ideas from good ones.  If it can be mocked, it wasn't a good idea.  That's how good ideas evolve into great ones, they're scrutinized.  It's why scientific theories have papers detailing them and then are published for peer review.  So the idea can be picked apart for worthiness.  In the academic world it's done in a fairly constrained and usually civil matter, but on a forum, it will have monkey poo slung at it if it's a shit idea. 

If something is flat out factually incorrect, that's one thing, if you have to resort to mocking someone or their opinion or idea, that means there is something about the idea you simply do not like, but cannot disprove factually. That is why mockery is not considered a valid form of scrutiny or constructive criticism, especially in the scientific world.

I give up. There's no explaining to you that some people see the world in a different way, and think differently than you do, and anyone who does is automatically labeled as insane or twisted.

Indeed. ^someone with a damned good memory apparently. lol

There wasn't one, @Whiskers hid 2 pages worth of me and him arguing, and that was it.

You say yourself you're a conspiracy theorist. I have no problem if others have different views. But when they're completely fucking stupid. I'm going to try and call people out on there dumbass beliefs. Like for instance, if you believed the world was flat, i would show you that in-fact is is round. Because you're wrong. 

Please quote/tag ( Found by typing @DarrenP) In all posts directed at me. I do not check my current content. 

Intel Core i7-4790K - Gigabyte Z97X-UD5H-BK - 16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 1866Mhz - EVGA GTX 980 - 256GB MX100 - 2TB WD RED - 900D - H100I - Corsair HX1050 - DNS 320L 2x2TB Seagate Barracuda 

I think you might be confusing debate and discussion for mockery. There is a distinctive difference between them.

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

If something is flat out factually incorrect, that's one thing, if you have to resort to mocking someone or their opinion or idea, that means there is something about the idea you simply do not like, but cannot disprove factually.

Now you've said something I didn't.  Mocking someone... no, I don't mock you personally, but if your idea sucks I will mock the idea, or if you say something stupid, I will mock that, but not resort to calling you stupid.  I mean if the idea is stupid, that's enough for me, I don't need to make it personal.  And let's be clear, I have no idea you opinion on anything, we may end up agreeing on things.   I'm just saying as a rule, if I see something stupid, I will point out it's stupidity and mock it. 

You say yourself you're a conspiracy theorist. I have no problem if others have different views. But when they're completely fucking stupid. I'm going to try and call people out on there dumbass beliefs. Like for instance, if you believed the world was flat, i would show you that in-fact is is round. Because you're wrong. 

You realize how self defeating the statment "when they're completely fucking stupid" is right? If you can say something is factually inaccurate that's fine, but just because you think it's stupid, or don't like it, doesn't make your opinion of it any more valid than someone else's.

Now you've said something I didn't.  Mocking someone... no, I don't mock you personally, but if your idea sucks I will mock the idea, or if you say something stupid, I will mock that, but not resort to calling you stupid.  I mean if the idea is stupid, that's enough for me, I don't need to make it personal.  And let's be clear, I have no idea you opinion on anything, we may end up agreeing on things.   I'm just saying as a rule, if I see something stupid, I will point out it's stupidity and mock it. 

Again, calling an idea stupid and mocking it, is just as bad as mocking the person. If you want to disagree and say "here are some facts that make me disagree" that's a valid point, but simply saying "that's stupid" is not.

Not going to make this long winded because there's no point in pretending I spent a long time deciding this.

In short I've had too many run ins with ignorant people and after my third warning point it's finally time to quit. The political climate is intolerable, nobody really appreciates the things that I'm interested in here, and there are better ways I could be spending my time. I'd try to get myself banned to make it easier for me to quit but don't want to make an ass of myself in so doing. I think we all know who ​really irks me here so the name isn't worth mentioning. I'll give you a hint, it's not @LAwLz.

I hope I didn't waste too much of your time by making you read this. Goodbye.

Edit: Oh yeah, all those stupid fuckers who think I'm an astroturfer: I'm not. Newsflash.

Goodbye, The apple section will be here someday , I (kinda) promise 

Interested in Business and Technology

I think you might be confusing debate and discussion for mockery. There is a distinctive difference between them.

I'm talking about bad ideas, they should be mocked, no other way to stop it's spread to be honest, because the overwhelming majority of people tend to jump on a bandwagon of a bad idea if they think it will make them look cool.  My purpose is to make that idea bandwagon look so bad that nobody would want to get on it.  Bad ideas evolve into bad acts because nobody thought to stand up and point out how stupid the idea is when it was first purposed.  

You realize how self defeating the statment "when they're completely fucking stupid" is right? If you can say something is factually inaccurate that's fine, but just because you think it's stupid, or don't like it, doesn't make your opinion of it any more valid than someone else's.

Again, calling an idea stupid and mocking it, is just as bad as mocking the person. If you want to disagree and say "here are some facts that make me disagree" that's a valid point, but simply saying "that's stupid" is not.

No it isn't, one is an ad hominem attack and the other is an attack on the idea, if you can't see the distinction I might be done talking with you at all.  

I'm talking about bad ideas, they should be mocked, no other way to stop it's spread to be honest, because the overwhelming majority of people tend to jump on a bandwagon of a bad idea if they think it will make them look cool.  My purpose is to make that idea bandwagon look so bad that nobody would want to get on it.  Bad ideas evolve into bad acts because nobody thought to stand up and point out how stupid the idea is when it was first purposed.  

I completely disagree. Debated and discussed, yes, mocked, no. 

The idea that you are mocking ones thoughts implies that you are not giving them full and honest consideration. It implies that you are dismissing them.

I imagine the first person to suggest that the earth was round did get mocked for the idea.

In my most recent ebola thread his very first post was an immediate insult to me, and an allusion to my masturbation habits.

About that Ebola thread, I have seen you put tags like "i told you so". Not only is that unprofessional, but that is basically an open invitation for the trolls. You cannot blame the burglar from stealing your prized possessions when you left the front door open. 

Wow, that's just about the most asinine thing I've ever read. Any position that can't defend itself from mockery deserves to be mocked, why? Just because someone thinks differently or sees things differently they deserved to be mocked right off the bat for no reason? Just for being different?

What he means that if the original argument is not grounded with information or citations, then it will be questioned. If there is no valid counter-arguments, then it really does deserve to be thrown out the window.

Again do you not see your own prejudice? Just because you disagree with how I see the world, it's a twisted sense of reality.

The reason why people see it as "twisted" is that you bring your arguments without anything to prove it, and when somebody asks questions, you discard them as a "typical liberal". I've grown sick and tired of you overplaying this card, especially when you are not even practicing what you preach. You have rarely gone beyond reading things at face value.

Read the community standards; it's like a guide on how to not be a moron.

Gerdauf's Law: Each and every human being, without exception, is the direct carbon copy of the types of people that he/she bitterly opposes.

Remember, calling facts opinions does not ever make the facts opinions, no matter what nonsense you pull.

but if someone believes in something you say is stupid, that is attacking them indirectly its not an ad hominem

Exactly.

No it isn't, one is an ad hominem attack and the other is an attack on the idea, if you can't see the distinction I might be done talking with you at all.  

If you have to resort to mockery to prove your point you aren't giving the other person idea any consideration at all. You should never "attack" an idea or a person, you disprove with fact, that's how a debate is supposed to work. If you have to attack, that means you simply disagree, and think you are correct to the point that you don't need or have to consider that another person might be correct.

About that Ebola thread, I have seen you put tags like "i told you so". Not only is that unprofessional, but that is basically an open invitation for the trolls. You cannot blame the burglar from stealing your prized possessions when you left the front door open. 

What he means that if the original argument is not grounded with information or citations, then it will be questioned. If there is no valid counter-arguments, then it really does deserve to be thrown out the window.

The reason why people see it as "twisted" is that you bring your arguments without anything to prove it, and when somebody asks questions, you discard them as a "typical liberal". I've grown sick and tired of you overplaying this card, especially when you are not even practicing what you preach. You have rarely gone beyond reading things at face value.

If I bring in citations and information, then those get discarded as being illegitimate as well. While you are correct, I did leave the front door open.

And "What he means that if the original argument is not grounded with information or citations, then it will be questioned. If there is no valid counter-arguments, then it really does deserve to be thrown out the window." is not what he said, he said mocked. Questioning an idea is one thing, mocking an idea is a completely different one.

but if someone believes in something you say is stupid, that is attacking them indirectly its not an ad hominem

No, I just think they're misguided and if I show the idea to be stupid, maybe, they'll not just dig in on the side of stupid. 

Who cares i dont put my feeling in these kinds of stuff.I dont have any feeling to being with.All i care is sharing tech get help or help others.

Exactly.

If you have to resort to mockery to prove your point you aren't giving the other person idea any consideration at all. You should never "attack" an idea or a person, you disprove with fact, that's how a debate is supposed to work. If you have to attack, that means you simply disagree, and think you are correct to the point that you don't need or have to consider that another person might be correct.

If I bring in citations and information, then those get discarded as being illegitimate as well. While you are correct, I did leave the front door open.

And "What he means that if the original argument is not grounded with information or citations, then it will be questioned. If there is no valid counter-arguments, then it really does deserve to be thrown out the window." is not what he said, he said mocked. Questioning an idea is one thing, mocking an idea is a completely different one.

Also I never said I would just call the idea stupid and move on, I'd explain clearly and plainly why it's stupid and leave it to them to see it for what it is, after a while if they don't see that it's stupid you have to concede that not just the idea is stupid, but the person you're dealing with as well. 

And at that point, you just have to stop debating the point because to quote Ron White, "You can't fix stupid." 

You cannot blame the burglar from stealing your prized possessions when you left the front door open.

Yes you can. I'm tired of seeing that argument. Nothing against you and I'm not speaking ill toward you, but that logic is not right.

I should be able to leave my house unlocked without the fear of a stranger walking into it to steal my valuables. I should be able to leave my car unlocked without someone entering it without permission.

You think that logic will hold up in court?

"But Judge! He left his car unlocked when we went into the store! He was asking for it!"

Then judge will either laugh, roll his/her eyes or just immediately sentence the thief and reward the victim. Or all the above.

Yes you can. I'm tired of seeing that argument. Nothing against you and I'm not speaking ill toward you, but that logic is not right.

I should be able to leave my house unlocked without the fear of a stranger walking into it to steal my valuables. I should be able to leave my car unlocked without someone entering it without permission.

You think that logic will hold up in court?

"But Judge! He left his car unlocked when we went into the store! He was asking for it!"

Then judge will either laugh, roll his/her eyes or just immediately sentence the thief and reward the victim. Or all the above.

You brought up a very important word here, fear, sure don't fear someone coming in and taking your stuff when you leave the door open, fear is a state of mind, but don't be surprised if someone tries to come in and steal your stuff either. 

EDIT: And to be clear, it doesn't justify the action on the other person's part, but you should take precautions to make it more difficult to get stolen from. 

You brought up a very important word here, fear, sure don't fear someone coming in and taking your stuff when you leave the door open, fear is a state of mind, but don't be surprised if someone tries to come in and steal your stuff either.

EDIT: And to be clear, it doesn't justify the action on the other person's part, but you should take precautions to make it more difficult to get stolen from.

.. What does that have to do with anything? Lol