Whats the max OC possible on a 5960x under water + 295x2 watercooling

so im planning a new build just planning!! i have no commitment to build this computer but i know that i can acquire the loan required to get the parts. what i want to know is how high can i clock a 5960x in a rampage v extreme, the cpu loop would consits of 5x 480mm nexxxous monstas [480x80mm rads] as well as 2x 560 monstas [560x80mm rads]. again still in very early stages of planning this build and i wont be building it unless i can get minimum of 5.5ghz sub 50 degrees celcius. im also wondering which cpu block to use as im not sure which one can dissipate the most heat, if i build this it will also have 2x 295x2s watercooled in their own loop with 6x 560mm monstas [ps the case is going to be a tx10-d with 3 pedastools and the 150mm top extension] what would be the maximum possible overclock on the 295x2s the ones im currently looking at are by asus and i would be using the ek block with single height back bracket. so basically im asking 1. can i get 5.5ghz with those rads. 2. what cpu block can dissipate the most heat and would be most appropriate for this rig. 3.how high can i clock 2x 295x2s with thoses block and thoses rads. thank you very much for your responses. 

You want a loan to get these parts?

You're not afraid of loansharks breaking in and stealing your computer for your debt?

i have loaned money for my last 2 computers and have successfully paid them off plus im in australia so im not too sure what a "loan shark" is

You're going to put 3360mm of rad space on 2 295x2? Why? Anything over a 360mm is pointless.

To your question. Absolutely no overclock is guaranteed. The amount of rads you have is completely pointless. No CPU block can ever get that much heat away from the CPU.

PC: 4770K @ 4.0 GHz --- Maximus VI Hero --- 8 GB 2133 MHz Corsair Vengeance Pro --- EVGA 780 TI Classified @ 1300 MHz --- Samsung Evo 250 GB --- Corsair RM 750 --- Corsair Carbide Air 540 --- CM Storm Rapid-I (MX Blues with PMK Evergreen Keycaps) --- Windows XP --- Razer Naga --- Custom Loop Parts: 380I, EKWB 780 Classy Waterblock and Backplate, 240mm and 360mm XT45, Swiftech MCP655, EKWB multi option reservoir, Mayhems Pastel Red, Primochill Primoflex Advanced Clear Tubing, 5 SP 120 Quiet Editions --- Mobile: Surface Pro 3 (i5 128gb) with JD40 (MX Clears) and Microsoft Sculpt Mouse --- Galaxy S6

i have loaned money for my last 2 computers and have successfully paid them off plus im in australia so im not too sure what a "loan shark" is

Imagine a Hammerhead with a badass suit. :P

You're going to put 3360mm of rad space on 2 295x2? Why? Anything over a 360mm is pointless.

To your question. Absolutely no overclock is guaranteed. 

im not new to watercooling but i sort of am as well [ my current rig has dual 240mm rads in a stryker and my last rig had 240mm monsta in basement of cosmos 2 and 360mm rad in roof] my thoughts are will more rad mean a higher over clock or will i hit the limit of the waterclocks? if i hit the limits of waterblocks how many rads should i use 

There is 0 guarantee that you can get ANY overclock on ANY device. It just depends if you get lucky or not.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Imagine a Hammerhead with a badass suit. :P

so is it like a guy/girl who will charge me a massive intrest rate then when i dont pay they will steal my computer?

im not new to watercooling but i sort of am as well [ my current rig has dual 240mm rads in a stryker and my last rig had 240mm monsta in basement of cosmos 2 and 360mm rad in roof] my thoughts are will more rad mean a higher over clock or will i hit the limit of the waterclocks? if i hit the limits of waterblocks how many rads should i use 

This is not true at all. It is all up to the chip you get. The most you could ever need for this rig (meaning that if you produced enough heat for this amount of rads to be an issue, you would burn out the chip from voltage) is 7x 120mm. Nothing more is needed or useful. There is no guarantee for overclocking. It is completely pure luck of the CPU you get.

PC: 4770K @ 4.0 GHz --- Maximus VI Hero --- 8 GB 2133 MHz Corsair Vengeance Pro --- EVGA 780 TI Classified @ 1300 MHz --- Samsung Evo 250 GB --- Corsair RM 750 --- Corsair Carbide Air 540 --- CM Storm Rapid-I (MX Blues with PMK Evergreen Keycaps) --- Windows XP --- Razer Naga --- Custom Loop Parts: 380I, EKWB 780 Classy Waterblock and Backplate, 240mm and 360mm XT45, Swiftech MCP655, EKWB multi option reservoir, Mayhems Pastel Red, Primochill Primoflex Advanced Clear Tubing, 5 SP 120 Quiet Editions --- Mobile: Surface Pro 3 (i5 128gb) with JD40 (MX Clears) and Microsoft Sculpt Mouse --- Galaxy S6

so is it like a guy/girl who will charge me a massive intrest rate then when i dont pay they will steal my computer?

and send someone to beat the shit out of you when you cant pay up. yes :)

who even needs this much computing power... may i ask whats this for? so help me god if your answer is 1080p gaming im gonna murder you..........

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

who even needs this much computing power... may i ask whats this for? so help me god if your answer is 1080p gaming im gonna murder you..........

im building a new rig in november/december/january [not sure yet and it may not be this rig] for 4x 4k gaming im already have 2x 32 inch dell 4k monitors and i intend on getting 2 more so i can run 11520x2160 with a 4th accessory monitor up above the 3 main 4k monitors.

im building a new rig in november/december/january [not sure yet and it may not be this rig] for 4x 4k gaming im already have 2x 32 inch dell 4k monitors and i intend on getting 2 more so i can run 11520x2160 with a 4th accessory monitor up above the 3 main 4k monitors.

youre out of your mind.

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

so im planning a new build just planning!! i have no commitment to build this computer but i know that i can acquire the loan required to get the parts. what i want to know is how high can i clock a 5960x in a rampage v extreme, the cpu loop would consits of 5x 480mm nexxxous monstas [480x80mm rads] as well as 2x 560 monstas [560x80mm rads]. again still in very early stages of planning this build and i wont be building it unless i can get minimum of 5.5ghz sub 50 degrees celcius. im also wondering which cpu block to use as im not sure which one can dissipate the most heat, if i build this it will also have 2x 295x2s watercooled in their own loop with 6x 560mm monstas [ps the case is going to be a tx10-d with 3 pedastools and the 150mm top extension] what would be the maximum possible overclock on the 295x2s the ones im currently looking at are by asus and i would be using the ek block with single height back bracket. so basically im asking 1. can i get 5.5ghz with those rads. 2. what cpu block can dissipate the most heat and would be most appropriate for this rig. 3.how high can i clock 2x 295x2s with thoses block and thoses rads. thank you very much for your responses. 

Ooh.. I really have to hold myself back here from not going to town on the insanity of this post. :P

First of all, borrowing money to build a PC? Not a good idea (yeah, you've done it before so I'm probably not gonna convince you). PC components depreciate very quickly and it is financially ill-advised to borrow money for one.

Second, nobody can tell you how well your CPU will overclock. No CPU is exactly the same. If you have a good overclocking chip you will get high overclocks, if you have a bad overclocking chip you will be disappointed. In this case a 2GHz overclock is still a very high target to go for, even with insane radiator surface area because you still won't be able to get the chip cooler than ambient temperature unless you use LN2. You will mostly hit the CPU's voltage threshold and fry the chips, it's not a linear line where more radiator space = higher overclocks. Same goes for the GPU's.

Third, good water blocks perform within 1-2 degrees of each other. Your best bet would be an EK Supremacy EVO or Swiftech Apogee HD or XL.

Fourth, there is having a bunch of rads for insanely low temps/noise and there is plain insanity. This is the latter. You in no way need, 4x 480 Monsta's + 2x 560 Monsta's for a CPU. Even if you manage to get the 5960X overclocked to a point where it has say more than double the TDP (=300W). If you still want to keep it overkill, 2x 480 UT60's would already be enough to dissipate all this heat and then some. Note that this is max TDP, something that you won't hit unless the CPU is at 100% load.

As for the GPU's, you're better of doing 4-way SLI with GTX 980's IMO. The Gigabyte G1 with some EK water blocks when they come out would be your best bet for overclocking. ;)

Again even if you need to dissipate a 1000W with those bad boys overclocked to shit.. 4x 480 UT60 would do the job and then some.

This puts you at 6x 480 UT60's (while still having quiet a bit of overkill) instead of the insane 8x 560 Monsta's + 4x 480 Monsta's you have planned.

Also, if you want to have 140mm radiators in the loop, just go with 420's instead of 480's. 

I decided to answer this seriously, even though I'm convinced this is a major troll but there you go. 

Bert & Ernie before squirting spermie. 

Ooh.. I really have to hold myself back here from not going to town on the insanity of this post. :P

I decided to answer this seriously, even though I'm convinced this is a major troll but there you go. 

But the troll posts are the ones where you get to have fun :P

But seriously, if you've got this kind of budget for a computer, why even ask what anyone else thinks, or what you can do with it. If you're already planning to get the best of the best of the best anyway, I really feel as though a thread post like this is just showing off

CPU: Intel Core i7-4770k | Mobo: MSI Mpower Max | Cooling: Cryorig R1 Ultimate w/ XT140 front Fan | GPU: EVGA GTX 770 Dual SC SLI | Case: NZXT H440 | Case Fans: Phanteks PH-140SP x5 | PSU: EVGA Supernova P2 1000W | RAM: 16GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer | SSD: Kingston HyperX 3k 120GB | HDD: Seagate Barracude

Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2013 | Mouse: Razer Deathadder 2013 | Headphones: Sennheiser HD438s | Mousepad: Razer Goliathus Control | Monitor 1: Benq XL2430T | Monitor 2: BenQ RL2455HM 

Imagine someone who sends goons to break your knees if you don't pay up and has crazy high rates. That's about it.

Help me I'm surrounded by morons.

Dude. Why do you need this PC. Furthermore, what could it possibly not do that would require an OC?

Help me I'm surrounded by morons.

Ok, while I'm pretty sure this is a troll post...

Considering how much strain 4k still puts on current hardware (if you want high settings and fps) I don't think 4x (or even 3x) 4k is really doable at this point.

But even then...

8x 560... so 32x 140mm

plus

5x 480... so 20x 120mm

while 7x (ok or let's say 9x, for fun's sake) 120mm is all you will ever need, OC'ed and then still some reserve... so: absolutely ridiculous. So far beyond, it's not even cool (pun actually not really intended here) anymore, just ridiculous.

Keep in mind: the coolest the water in a loop can get, is the ambient temperature in your room. Once that is reached, more radiators have exactly zero effect.

5.5 GHz under water... IMO not likely to happen. How many Haswell CPUs are out there that can even get to 5.0 GHz stable? Precious few. And the 5690X starts at 3.0, so we're talking 2,5GHz OC here... :rolleyes:  As others have already pointed out, temps are not the only limit: the voltage would need to be absurd (unless you get that golden platinum chip in the silicon lottery) and you'd fry it - even if you manage to keep temps down.

But once again, very likely just a troll post, so I'll leave it at that.

[Main rig "ToXxXiC":]
CPU: Intel Core i7-4790K | MB: ASUS Maximus VII Formula | RAM: G.Skill TridentX 32GB 2400MHz (DDR-3) | GPU: EVGA GTX980 Hydro Copper | Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD + Samsung 850 EVO 1TB SSD (+NAS) | Sound: OnBoard | PSU: XFX Black Edition Pro 1050W 80+ Gold | Case: Cooler Master Cosmos II | Cooling: Full Custom Watercooling Loop (CPU+GPU+MB) | OS: Windows 7 Professional (64-Bit)

lol at this entire thread. No matter how many rads you put at it, it will still depend on the silicon lottery and how good of a job the Intel guys did soldering the chip. Most 5960x chips go to 4.3-4.5ish GHz of all 8 cores with liquid cooling and no matter how many more rads you put in, it won't change that.

lol at this entire thread. No matter how many rads you put at it, it will still depend on the silicon lottery and how good of a job the Intel guys did soldering the chip. Most 5960x chips go to 4.3-4.5ish GHz of all 8 cores with liquid cooling and no matter how many more rads you put in, it won't change that.

Not to mention if 4 rads already keeps the water at room temperature when the CPU is loaded, adding 4 more rads won't change anything.

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

First of all, borrowing money to build a PC? Not a good idea (yeah, you've done it before so I'm probably not gonna convince you). PC components depreciate very quickly and it is financially ill-advised to borrow money for one.

Second, nobody can tell you how well your CPU will overclock. No CPU is exactly the same. If you have a good overclocking chip you will get high overclocks, if you have a bad overclocking chip you will be disappointed. In this case a 2GHz overclock is still a very high target to go for, even with insane radiator surface area because you still won't be able to get the chip cooler than ambient temperature unless you use LN2. You will mostly hit the CPU's voltage threshold and fry the chips, it's not a linear line where more radiator space = higher overclocks. Same goes for the GPU's.

Third, good water blocks perform within 1-2 degrees of each other. Your best bet would be an EK Supremacy EVO or Swiftech Apogee HD or XL.

Fourth, there is having a bunch of rads for insanely low temps/noise and there is plain insanity. This is the latter. You in no way need, 4x 480 Monsta's + 2x 560 Monsta's for a CPU. Even if you manage to get the 5960X overclocked to a point where it has say more than double the TDP (=300W). If you still want to keep it overkill, 2x 480 UT60's would already be enough to dissipate all this heat and then some. Note that this is max TDP, something that you won't hit unless the CPU is at 100% load.

As for the GPU's, you're better of doing 4-way SLI with GTX 980's IMO. The Gigabyte G1 with some EK water blocks when they come out would be your best bet for overclocking. ;)

Again even if you need to dissipate a 1000W with those bad boys overclocked to shit.. 4x 480 UT60 would do the job and then some.

This puts you at 6x 480 UT60's (while still having quiet a bit of overkill) instead of the insane 8x 560 Monsta's + 4x 480 Monsta's you have planned.

Also, if you want to have 140mm radiators in the loop, just go with 420's instead of 480's. 

this is no major troll i know its insane and i know its overkill i just wanted too see if the watercooling guys new how much overkill this is my friend who works in  little dumpy computer shop said id reach the limit of blocks at dual 560s per block. but i thought well if you added more rads it would reduce the water temp making it possible to oc some more. any way thanks for response im probably going to re plan the rig but i might still go ahead my same friend how told me about the 560s said it would be an awesome project but its stupid but we will see. 

But the troll posts are the ones where you get to have fun :P

But seriously, if you've got this kind of budget for a computer, why even ask what anyone else thinks, or what you can do with it. If you're already planning to get the best of the best of the best anyway, I really feel as though a thread post like this is just showing off

well no id ont have the money id be loaning it and im not showing off im asking if its possible. some people would spend 40k on a car me however would much rather and amazing gaming room. if i was trolling do u think id waste my time making a thread if possible id live helpful honest answers like shaqo_wyn not people who think im showing off. so yes call me insne but this is genuine its just id rarther not go to the bank get 40k and then decover i could have spent 15-20k and got the same performance and a smaller case. 

Not to mention if 4 rads already keeps the water at room temperature when the CPU is loaded, adding 4 more rads won't change anything.

but wouldn't 4 more rads make it so i double temps and keep them at room temperature?  or as im still unsure about as no one has answered this question yet would i hit the limits of the cpu block before it could disipate enough heat for 5x 480s+2x 560s? 

but wouldn't 4 more rads make it so i double temps and keep them at room temperature? or as im still unsure about as no one has answered this question yet would i hit the limits of the cpu block before it could disipate enough heat for 5x 480s+2x 560s?

The water and the cpu block are what decide the temp of the cpu. If the water is already at 20c when you're stressing the cpu, adding more radiators will not lower the cpu temp because it can't lower the water lower than room temperature.

What would help would be getting a chiller for the water, or lowering the room temperature

You will hit the limits of the cpu block though yes. I have done it with my 3930k multiple times on my old custom loop and I only had 2x 480mm rads.

It took 1.65v to hit the cpu block limits and a tdp of over 400 watts.

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089